Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
so rumour has it

i did not see a single one (with my eyes) :D

but all holiday resorts have the ladies of the night, i'd be more worried going benidorm (sorry benidorm lovers)
LesB
Maybe I'm a little niave when it comes to things like that, I could spot them a mile off in the canaries, but they were on the streets accosting guys, not in hotels!
Surely that would cause arguments with couples!

Maybe they dont stand out like a sore thumb in bulgaria
Fiona, you will not find them accosting guys in the hotels. If,by chance, you see one in an hotel you can guarantee they will have been taken there by a client.

Many hotels have security in the reception area and you are most unlikely to see them in those hotels.

There are no more of them in the resorts than you would find in other resorts in other countries.

Patka
Hi Patka,
Thanks for this as I have 2 males coming with me! ,one is my 16 year old son! and the other being my husband

Fiona
I have had a look in to this for you via google. It seems there is lots in Golden sands and a few in Sunny beach. They pay for rooms by the hour/20 minutes when the room is required. I have assumed these are rooms in hotels that they have contacts and would not say they are hotels with ties to english operators, but you can never be sure.

It also appears that they only target single men or in groups and can look as young as 15/16. If you look as a couple they will not approach you. I have also read they can be pickpockets so tell your man or son to watch thier pockets.

It seems it is legal in Bulgaria so I suppose you need to be open minded. I have my own views that I won't share here. Remember, this is the oldest trade we have so where there is a need! etc etc.
Hi Mcfester
Thanks for the reply, will keep a beady eye open and on those two's pockets ( and them of course ! )

I suppose I am a little taken aback, although I know other countries adopt different policies within different issues.

fiona :wave
In the last 18 yrs I've been going to Golden Sands I have not noticed them any more in Golden Sands than in some cities in the UK.

Patka
Good Evening, like I said in June when I came back, there was less girls on the streets of Albena, reason being they had to be registered into a Hotel in Resort, they had stopped the minibuses full of them coming everynight. How do I know. One was stopping at the Nona, when I was there and I have known this girl (not for that reason) for the past six years. Tonyt.
was never bothered by them in bulgaria

one in benidorm said to me come on love i'll give you something you've never had before

i said it would have to be leprosy girl :D :D
LesB
My late partner was challenged by one in Glasgow many years ago by saying" girl for the night sir"
His reply " How much money are you offering me"

he was then left alone!

:wave :thanks
I think they have the situation fairly well controlled in Bulgaria in the resorts. Hubby was told on our first trip a few years ago by a Bulgarian friend that if he was approached by one just to say thanks but I am well serviced by my wife - quite how our friend knew/thought this is beyond me...... More apparent are the ladies of the night on the road in broad daylight especially the Bourgas road leading out of Varna, was being taken to the beach at Camchia (sp) by Bulgarian friends a few weeks ago spied 2 very early on, male Bulgarian friend who was driving with me in front, wife, female cousin and 12 year old nephew in back of car pointed them out to me (not that this was needed as by their dress it was apparent what they were) and proceeded to tell me about how many men use them and low and behold a car pulled up by 1.... he then reassured me that he personally had not used the services of a personage such as these ever, I managed to retort "I should hope not" eventually before trying to make myself invisible. It is worth remembering what I was told years ago by some Bulgarians that many girls if no other opportunities were available to them follow this trade in order to make enough money for a better life, not that much different to other countires I suppose and I wonder how many actually move on to better and brighter things but poverty was much more apparent then and perhaps under the surface it is not that much different now, I know the police, teachers and doctors still earn a very low wage and struggle to make ends meet at times. Don't worry I think as with most things it has been sensationalised.
Nels, You will see the girls on the Old road from Varna to Sofia, especially near the Cherry Orchards and on the approach to the Stone Forest. Tonyt
Hi Tonyt,

Maybe I am too interested in looking at the scenery to notice what is around! Our tame Taxi driver thinks I am quite mad as I always look around even when its a trip made many times. Can well remember our first trip - a friend collected us from Varna airport (me and youngest who was 12/13 at the time) youngest said why are those women waiting there (I was still trying to come to terms with the traffic lights being off as it was after 10 p.m.), had to use the terminology 'ladies of the night' which she later made me explain. Very jealous that you are having another trip soon, am feeling very cold etc and missing food etc. Nels
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.