Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I was there last year and in the indoor bar area of an evening, there was a TV on all the time. It also seemed to have sport on it all the time, so I would imagine that will be the place to go to see it in the hotel unless they rig up something special.

It wasn't massive (the TV) but it was big enough. An alternative would be to go into Platanais which is about 5 or 10 mins up the road by car. I'm sure loads of the bars there will be showing it.

Platanais is nearer than Chania and is a large village (small town?), the main road seems to go on for ever and if full of bars, restaurants and shops. Enjoy. :D
  • Edited by doe 2006-06-10 09:41:41
Hi beachbum,

Just returned from Louis Creta.
In the main indoor bar there are 2 tvs (both tvs are a reasonalbe size) which should have the games on.
If you have no luck, go along the beach front to a taverna call Waves. Its about a 2min walk. They will have all the games on.
Went down there to watch the friendly against Jamacia, nice place not big so get down there early if you can. The screen in Waves is a decent size.

Anymore info, please ask.

Come on ENGLAND!!!!!

Steve
Just returned from Louis Creta Princess. Full report on the hotel on Hotel reviews.
Any questions you might need answering regarding the hotel I will try my best.

Tracey
Thanks for your help....
1 thing you could help me with..... Are mozzies a problem? My wife always seems to bit to death by the wretched things no matter what kind of repellent we use.
We were there for the last 2 weeks of July and I don't remember it being a problem at all, but don't know if it varies depending on the time of the year.

We did keep the airconditioning (not brill, but better than nothing!) on in the rooms at all times and that keeps them out of the rooms. We ate outdoors and were never bothered by them.

It was between 35 and 40 degrees the whole fortnight. Have a great time :glynis
Didn't have any problems with mozzies. They are there but plenty of lizards to eat them.
Have a great time :glynis
Beachbum I am going on the same date as you from manchester and will be cheering England on (if they get past Portugal) see you at the bar.
I'll be on the same flight, you won't miss us, we'll all be wearing England clothing!...... Mmm then again.. You won't miss us, we'll be the only people NOT wearing England clothing. That's better,might stand out a bit more then.
But yeh' no doubt see you at the bar. Have you been to this hotel before? the reviews look great, weather seems good at the moment, can't wait.
Going with wife & 2 boys 12 & 8.

BTW If you get any info on fishing, hunt me down as I might be up for that aswell
Not been to hotel before but reviews look good so booked on the strength of them and the pics in brochure. Going with the other half and our 2 kids girl 7 and boy 3 so hopefully there will be plenty for them to do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.