Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
our latest report is from the end of last season as this season is only 2 weeks old it may take a while for new ones to appear

wizard
I have Just seen a new review about this hotel added a few days ago. Looks good, Can't wait until next week!!!! :D
Are you about to go Strewin? We went the summer before last and it's a really great family hotel. :D

Have a great holiday, and let us know how you get on when you come back? I wouldnt mind going to Western Crete again sometime.

Doe :D
  • Edited by doe 2007-06-18 11:00:16
Thanks for your reply thats great.

Yes we go tomorrow, got the leave the house at 4am :shock:

Do you have any handy tips for places to go, and things to see, any suggestions would be most welcome.

Did you hire a car at all, any good hire places?

Sam
Hi Strewin

Didn't realise you were on-line. I altered my reply as I had a sense of deja vu and realised I had spoken to you on this one before re the shop etc :oops:

Yes we did hire a car. We had it for the middle 7 days of the fortnight. I know it was a bit lazy, but we got it off our first choice rep, they hang about in the foyer/ reception at a given time most days. There was also a local car hire rep who had a desk there as well.

We checked the prices of both and they seemed very similar. Although I can't remember how much it was, I dont remember going 'Oh my G** that was dear' so it must have been OK, 150/170 pounds maybe? Usually go for the most basic car with aircon. FC use 'suncars' I assume they are brokers as it was 'suncars' when we hired from them in Menorca a couple of years previous.

We drove all the way to beautiful Elafoinsi Beach over the mountains, which was a big day out and great fun, getting lost etc. We also drove to Knossos, but think hard on this as it's a huge drive and at this time of year walking round Knossos is like baking in an oven. (glad we did it, but not sure if you are taking youngish kids, could be too much like a school trip). Also used it to drive to Platanais and Chania a couple of times, although parking at Chania is a bit difficult (can't read greek :roll: ) so you might be better off on free hotel bus which you book in reception.

Didn't realise you went tomorrow, we went on a Tuesday as well.

Have a great one, Doe :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.