Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi.

Im sorry i cant help you with the pools in april. We have stayed in the atlantica sungarden beach though and absolutely loved it!!! Just a little path from the hotel grounds to a lovely beach. If i remember correctly there isnt much outside the hotel, you will need to go into ayia napa, 10 mins in a taxi if my memory serves me correctly. You can also get buses to protaras if you wanted to visit another part of the coast.

Enjoy your holiday.

Lily. x
We have been once in April and its a bit hit and miss... we had sunshine enough to have shorts on... but didn't venture into the pool, don't remember anyone in it to be honest..
While we were walking about the sun was hot enough to make you sweat but the wind when it blew made you feel cold on the skin (which wasn't a bad thing on some days) but I'm not sure what being wet from the pool in a bit of a cool breeze might have been like...

I'm just going to look back at my pics to see if I can spot anyone swimming .....

nope not many showing pools or anything.. this is the nearest with water and people near it - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1755044&l=82f863a578&id=759322738
It annoys me incessently that travel agents still continue to sell Cyprus as a year round brilliant weather destination It simply is not. Certainly warmer than the UK in the winter months but if you are taking children in the early part of the year then the pools are much too cold to use. Unless there is a heated indoor pool then you will be disappointed. April is very hit and miss - you could be lucky and have lovely sunny days but the evenings are still very cool. Not everywhere starts to open up on the eastern side of the island until mid April, sometimes not until the end of April depending on when Easter falls. Shame on the travel agents who flog holidays to families knowing full well the pools aren't going to be usable.
The sea will be warmer than the pool. Children from UK will find it warmer than the beaches and sea at home. I don't usually swim in the pools until mid May. Hopefully your children will enjoy the beach!
Carol
oh dear , I am sure it will be okay , the kids may be brave ( not sure i will be though ) have been through loads of reviews but cant see anyone in pool at that time of year . is a indoor pool but looks tiny - anyone who been that can tell me if it is tiny ??

Looks like may have to venture out more than planned , best get some overtime in to pay for it !!! x

any suggestions of trips to do with 6 & 8 yr olds at that time ( we have done troodos, famagusta as a couple but not with kids )

Thank you x
hi.

It was a small indoor pool, i wouldnt class it as tiny. There were a few loungers around it as well. We didnt use it but we saw it everyday when we came out of our room as the corridors had large glass windows that looked onto the indoor pool. Im sure the kids will have a good swim/splash about in there.

LFF :sun2

Ps it was 4 years ago that we went so maybe someone who has been more recently will be able to give you more update info. ;)
I've been living in Cyprus now for just over 7yrs and most certainly will not swim in a pool here until the middle of June as they just do not warm up enough. Hotel pools may be a little bit warmer than a private pool because of more movement.

However, in our first year here - we did go in the sea during the Easter holidays which were around the same time as it is this time - towards the end of April. I find the sea temperatures are generally better than pool temperatures during the early and late summer seasons.

Kids are more resilient and probably won't feel the cold the same - and it will be warm when they come out.

Sorry, I meant to add that mostly the waterparks don't open until beginning of May as a rule as that's what is officially classed as summer although tour operators tend to list Cyprus as starting their season in April.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
We visit Cyprus in June when the pools are warm but have you thought about buying the thermal padded wetsuits for your children, i've seen cheap ones on the internet that are used by children who surf in cold water. :que
Hi,
Our grandchildren, went every easter until recently, they have never had a problem going in the pools or the sea. For me I have been early May and used both pools and sea, but find the water warmer later in the day after the sun has had a chance to warm it up.

Once your in its not to bad.

This is a favorite with our grandchildren.

http://www.camel-park.com/
On 15th March 2011 at 11:14am, carolh said:
The sea will be warmer than the pool. Children from UK will find it warmer than the beaches and sea at home. I don't usually swim in the pools until mid May. Hopefully your children will enjoy the beach!
Carol
Yeah, in May-June the sea is warmer than private or hotel pools. But in July-September all the variants are warm (if the weather is fine). Me and my family rented a villa last year in Paphos and enjoyed the beach and the pool in our summerhouse. I can't say hotel pools are warmer, it depends on heating system and some villas have it. What do you think?
On 18th August 2022 at 09:52am, Emma Rogers said:
Carol
Yeah, in May-June the sea is warmer than private or hotel pools. But in July-September all the variants are warm (if the weather is fine). Me and my family rented a villa last year in Paphos and enjoyed the beach and the pool in our summerhouse. I can't say hotel pools are warmer, it depends on heating system and some villas have it. What do you think?
Hi! exactly. I've been to Coral Bay on honeymoon this year. It is not far from Paphos. We managed to rent a villa and had no problems with water in the pool. But the pool wasn't too big, you can see
https://www.cyprusvillas.com/coral-bay-pool-villa-raya-2941.html
On 19th August 2022 at 09:41am, UlaN said:
On 18th August 2022 at 09:52am, Emma Rogers said:
Carol
Hi! exactly. I've been to Coral Bay on honeymoon this year. It is not far from Paphos. We managed to rent a villa and had no problems with water in the pool. But the pool wasn't too big, you can see
https://www.cyprusvillas.com/coral-bay-pool-villa-raya-2941.html
Thank you so much! This service is very useful!
On 14th March 2011 at 08:44pm, b4ley78 said:
Hi all , please help. We are heading to cyprus with two children on the 10th april , i had researched weather before booking and expected variable weather( but generally 20-25) and cooler evenings, but I have just been told not to expect to use the swimming pool during april - it will be too cold to use - now i am worried , we are going all inclusive and just wanted to chill out , the kids will happily spend a few hours by the pool , but if this is ruled out what shall we do ? I havent budgeted for lots of trips as we are AI ..................any advice greatly appreciated . :( ( we are staying at atlantica sungarden in ayia napa)
And how do you save money when you travel?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.