All of the last posts sum up the situation precisely, Reasonable displays of affection are still perfectly acceptable in some areas but rather less so in others, although open disapproval would rarely be experienced.

fwh has also raised a point which will concern those of us who know Tunisia well. None of us think that it is always the case that Tunisian men simply see Europeans as an easy way to get visas etc., As I've mentioned elsewhere I personally know couples who've been happily married for years, but unfortunately these are in the minority and you do need to take things slowly. If you do that you can look forward to an enjoyable holiday, in which you can get to know your boyfriend better, whilst being aware that the holiday atmosphere is not really conducive to any full understanding of what makes him tick, as this will take a lot of time and a better understanding of both him and the Tunisian mind-set in general. I know we all wish you well and it seems you are already beginning to think with your head as well as your heart.