Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Merged with existing topic which has lots of informaton in earlier posts.

luci :wave
not sure if anyone has posted this before but if you have any scrap,broken,odd earrings or unrepairable
jewellery in 9ct or any other ct take it with you if you are in icmeler and take it to simon's diamonds which is located next door
to isbank by the cross roads he will give you a fair price....we took some and it was worth £300...great.
if you dont have any call in and have a look or a chat as simon is a very nice person to talk to and will
give you all kind of advise on the resort.....if you do say hello from Gavin & Debbie....thanks...Gavin
Please note

All that that glitters is not gold.

A lot of places are rip offs.

EKin Legend

:sun2
Ekin - Do you have any personal experience of 'a lot of places are rip offs' jewelers in Turkey??
I have bought a lot of jewelry at several different resorts in Turkey, never once has it been worth less than I paid for it. It has all been valued at 2 to 3 times more than I paid for it!!
Denny
my mum and dad got back from marmaris yesterday, said jewelerry has gone up loads this year, i'm gutted, it was all we were planning on bringing back!
Denny. 53 exact same for me ,i have bought loads of gold all over turkey and never once was i ripped off or dissapointed with what i bought . :que

Bluepeterno1
Well maybe Ekin Legend can come back on, and explain where all these 'rip off places' are??
Denny
I would only buy jewellery in Turkey because I liked it. When jewellery is valued it is worth bearing in mind that there are two distinct types of valuation, one for insurance purpose - usually very inflated, and a more realistic one for a guide to selling price.

Sue
I have sold lots jewellry on in this country at more than three times what i paid for it in turkey.

Bluepeterno1
i agree we have never been ripped off....but if your not sure of the prices,take your scrap
to several shops and see what you come up with...we did not as we were more than happy
if not surprised (which we did not show)at the price simon of simon's diamonds gave.. to be honest
like most people who have been to their favorite jewellers we were happy with their service and hospitality.
yes they are after your cash, after all they have a buisness to run,but how many jewellers in the uk will
offer you drinks while you wait, then still ask you in for a drink and a chat when passing...none...Gavin.
Is there anywhere in Lara/Antalya that some one would recommend for good jewellery? Don't want to be ripped off and my wife wants a new engagement ring because a stone fell outof it. would they be able to put a new stone in and would it be cheap?. D
now i know there is a massive thread on jewellers in Turkey, so if you think is should go there then please move it,
My SIL has just come back from Icmeler, with a ring for her 50th birthday,

£14,500.....yes,,,,, fourteen and a half thousand pounds,,,,,,,,

what must she have bought for that???
its being valued in a uk jewellers now, i hope its not a dud,,,,
Several jewelers in the shopping bazaars on Lara beach, shop around and haggle for what you want. They will be able to sort out your wifes ring, no problem. (in less than 24hrs ) I have always found them to be very reasonable for repairs etc.
Antalya city did seem to have much better choice though. Why don't you have a day trip there and see what you think.?
Denny
denny.53 wrote:
Several jewelers in the shopping bazaars on Lara beach, shop around and haggle for what you want. They will be able to sort out your wifes ring, no problem. (in less than 24hrs ) I have always found them to be very reasonable for repairs etc.
Antalya city did seem to have much better choice though. Why don't you have a day trip there and see what you think.?
Denny

Thanks again denny :tup
For anyone who is wanting to buy any gold in Marmaris, I would definatley recommend Aksoy Gold.
It is a long established family run buisness which have 3 shops located within Marmaris and 1 in Dalyan.
Within Marmaris there is one shop in the Bazaar, one opposite the Grand Azur and one on the main road next to My love restaurant and the Cihanturk.
The one I have used over the years is on the main road. I can guarantee a fabulous choice of jewellery at fantastic prices, and a really friendly welcome.
They can repair and clean jewellery, and will also create pieces to your own design.
The same shop is there year after year, attracting alot of regular customers who return every year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.