Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Our return flight on Tuesday 13 June to Bristol is the same - departure has stayed the same but return landing has moved from 0200 to 0300 on 14th. Havebeen tracking through Excel's timetables and can't figure it out - can't be Santorini or Chania as they don't have night flights. Oh well I'll be asleep anyway!
When are you flying - is some of the 'flight time' down to the time difference - I seem to remember that our flight was about 3.5 hours last year and there was at least 1 hours difference at the end of October ?
Oh no. The time difference is plus 2 hours - we leave at midnight so theoretically should land back in Bristol at 2.00 - 2.15.....
According to our tickets when we flew on 9th May ( outward ) the flight time was 4 hours. We landed 10 mins early.

On our return on 23rd May ticket said 4 hr 15 mins - Took off 10 mins early and flight was 3 hr 55 mins.

The return flight did take a different route from outward. Flew over our house coming home.

Either way you still have to wait your luggage at the end.

fwh
Our Final confirmation arrived yesterday, we are flying EMA to Chania and it states we may land at Santorini on either the inbound or outbound journey. Tour Operator did confirm this when we rang them a couple of weeks ago. (Kosmar)
Fingers crossed for you ..hope you get a direct flight :gluck
:shock:
Just got back last week from Kalyves - on outbound flight stopped at Santorini - this was not in the brochure. Due to fly from EMA but when we arrived were told plane had gone technical so they bussed us to Gatwick and we took off 7 hours late so lost the whole first day. It was a direct flight coming back but on the oldest plane Ive seen - you went in through the back and there were 2 and 3 seats together - think it was a DC9. On takeoff thought we'd be deafened! Never known such rattling and banging and the engines were on the tail not the wings. This was XL airways and Kosmar by the way. Still we did have an excellent holiday and will be going back but they definitely do not mention the stop offs in the brochure - oh, and we were originally booked to fly from BHX but the flight was cancelled....
Hi aliandowen,

Any stops en route need not be mentioned in the brochure nor need the travel company notify you in advance. The flight remains "a direct flight as you dont get off the aircraft"!

So, originally you were to fly from BHX but the flight was cancelled and changed to EMA but the aircraft failed and you were taken by coach to Gatwick and effectively lost a day of your holiday, tell me ...................................... has any compensation been offered, have you taken this up with the company, it seems to me that you have just accepted this treatment and by the way which travel company was it?
hi well i was on the same time flight as u this may and it took us 4 hrs 5 mins that was it so it shouldnt take longer than that if we are one the same time flight we landed at 5 poast 12 there time i dont understand why it would tajke 5 hrs so i would just ignore that
hi fwh u flew the same day as me did u fly with xl cos our flights took as long as you said and we took off early we was on the 6 oclock flight in the morning on the 9th of may till 23rd of may
buzzin do not use phoe text abreviations see terms of posting

wizard
returned from Crete last Saturday morning. Flew with Excel. Direct flights. Very clean and comfortable. Slight delay due to injury to cabin crew member who had to be shipped off to hospital in Heraklion otherwise antisocial hours but fine flights.
topic locked please post future enquiries in the xL thread in the aitline/airports forum

thanks

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.