America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Ooh how exciting.....

Looking at the trolley map in front of me at stop 29 you have Flippers Pizzeria, Subway, Village inn & family restaurant, ABC wine & spirits, International towne discount centre & orena sports...

To be honest even if you did hire a car i would still consider a trolley pass as you can get on & of where ever you like & it saves having to keep find parking etc, not sure how easy that is anyway as we didnt drive. As you have the free shuttles to make the most of, you could always hire a car for the days you wish to go further......

Not really sure as to where you would call the main part of international drive, We were at trolley stop 15, had quite abit in walking distance to be fair, there was the Titanic museum & Ripleys believe it or not quite a few nice restaurants & shops aswell, suppose it depends what you like.... :)
i went to see the titanic museum last time i was there, it was alright, quite interesting, but don't think i'd go again.

any good pubs or places to drink late at ight that are a bit lively, i never stayed o ninternational drive last time and it was quite quiet at night, there was only a TGI Friday's that had kareoke at night, it was quite fun, but a bit samey after a while.

won't be out drinking too much though, seeing as the shuttle comes for the parks at 8am haha, but for the days i wanna go to a water park and relax, i think i'll go out the night before for a drink or a show after dinner.
Well we didnt go out much to drink etc on the evenings, just meals etc, but i did notice a few bars etc along international drive & you see the dinner shows etc advertised but we didnt go to any.

Did you visit Ripleys believe it or not? or wonderworks?
i went ripleys but they got one in picadilly circus in london now, so don't think i'll bother again, its just like the old guiness book of records place really, fun but nothing special.

gatorland do a night walk i see now as well, might have a bit of that, i really enjoyed it during the day last time, thought it was a really nice day out, just to hang round i-drive and take in some stuff there, thugh i found we didn't really know where everything was and didn't really think it gonna be as big as it was, htink i had lunch in dan marinos burger place as well and done some shopping, got some timberlands for 30 dollars :)
Oh yes there are still plenty of bargains to buy. I guess you dont really know how big it is untill you get there, we did find quite abit to do in the area of international drive we were in though! We also went to a shooting range aswell which was pretty cool. :)
shooting range?

you got info on this?

might do some of that, i'd like to do the sky/bungee thing, but i don't think my girlfriend will wnat to do it, she was talking about doing discovery cove, so might start saving for alot of stuff.

they got the sky dive/plane engine thing as well ain't they? like a sky dive but without the plane? very expensive i htink though.

i might try one of them scary houses as well, we went to do one in the old town before, but the person i was with was so scared we couldn't get through the door hahahaha, ended up not doing it, musta looked like two big girls blouses hahaha, i had a friend who done it, but i wasn't on holiday with him and he said it was one of the most scared hes ever been in his life hahaha, apparently some rooms were picth black with people jumping out on you hahaha good fun though i spose.

so might try and do one of them next year, you know of any of them, like actors dress up and jump out on you, someone actually posted that the fright night for halloween in universal is a bit too authentic and people end up leaving, cos they didn't realise it would be that scary, i bet its brilliant.
forgot to ask you, who did you book your holiday with in the end? just had a look at the hotel, if im looking at the right one your girlfriend must be very happy! :)
travel city direct we got in from in the end, i'm happy with the price, under 700 and it looks a better hotel than what we was looking at, we've got the disney tickets, just trying to sort out what other tickets we will want, its all headache haha

you would think we are going in a months time, not in 15 months time haha
Its good to be excited, research etc & plan what you want to do while there, all part of the fun! im looking again allready for next year.....lol.

The shooting range was really good, it was down near john young parkway on west 33rd street, will double check that later after work. There is a tourist leaflet when you get there, check in your hotel reception, its quite a big one actually more like a small magazine & it has loads of money off coupons etc in it, we saw it in there, we were thinking of doing it anyway if we could find a place!

The ticket desk in reception did try & put us off though as it was right opposite the jail...... You could see the jail from the place, we did a deal with a taxi driver outside seaworld & he took us, waited for an hour for us & then took us back to our hotel for $50 which didnt think was too bad..... A police officer popped in while we were there, they said most of their buisness is tourists & it felt safe enough, we will return again!! So i wouldnt let that put you off.

The offer was to rent a machine gun & your amo, safety goggles, ear hire etc lane rental for $39.99, we hired a smaller gun aswell to try first, im glad we went as i knew if we didnt id have regretted it on the way home!!

We didnt see any of those scary houses.... wouldnt have minded going in one! Although im sure id have been pretty scared.... lol. Where abouts were they?
Also just had a quick look & the sky dive thing indoor one, says speeds up to 125mph! costs between basically $45 & $100 depending on how many goes you want & if you want it video taped....
the haunted house thing i went to was in somewhere called the old town

http://www.old-town.com

this was 2004, so don't know if its still there, will definately look into going to the shooting range, never done anything like that ,so that will be something new to try, i'm sure its safe, they must have guards there, you'd think that would be one place that would be safe, dunno if the girlfriend wil be up for it though, shes quite timid haha, plus the video i saw on youtube of a woman shooting her son in the head at the shooting range didn't look too fun, she was a bit mental though, still shocking.

my friends fired guns while they was in prague on a stag do, they said it was fun, shotguns and everything.
i saw this haunted house when i was there, apparently it closed in 2006 and by all accounts was a bit crap, i never went.

http://www.geocities.com/floridaeveryoneforgot/skullkingdom.htm
Well we thought it was worth a visit, there were loads of different guns under the counter & on the wall you could hire. It was a different side to Orlando, i dont think i would like walking around round that area to be fair & i dont think the people in the shop advised it! lol. All good though! I didnt actually think there were shooting ranges in other places apart form the usa! The guys in the shop said someone told then they had done it in thailand or somewhere like that? who knows.... You get to pick what target you want to shoot at aswell, a different type of sovernier!
wev'e never shot a gun in florida,but the first time we did try it,was indeed in thailand.we have also shot in vietnam & las vegas.i much preferred it,in vietnam,because it was out in the open & the noise,wasn't so deafening.didn't actually like it in LV,as the gun i chose,was too powerful.it actually scared me,a little bit,so my hubby took over,when he had finished his round.
it's something,you probably would never do,in this country,so worth having a go,while your'e there.
tracy
haha, i asked my girlfriend and she was dead set against it, so i will have to wait a few more years to act like dirty harry.
Well you never know she may change her mind, she could always go with you & not have a go..... So what else do you have planned for your holiday? Im thinking about what were going to be doing aswell next time. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.