UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I've stayed here a couple of times and I'd say it's a pretty good hotel. Double rooms are quite spacious (at least, the ones we had were) and though quite traditional/old fashioned in style they're nicely decorated and well maintained. I had one of the new executive singles on my last visit and though quite small these rooms are much more modern with a great rainhead shower in the bathroom. I've never used the spa but my Uncle did and really enjoyed it, apparently there's a small pool and steam room or sauna.

Like many hotels, a lot of the staff are foreign and not overly friendly but I've never encountered anyone particularly rude or inefficient.

We were there for a party night in December having enjoyed a similar night the year before. To be honest this year we were quite disappointed. The night overall was enjoyable but the food wasn't good at all and we found it poor value for money. That said it could have just been an off night, these things happen.

Breakfast the next day was very good. It's buffet style but constantly topped up and I was impressed to see veggie sausages on offer as well as the usual, sausage, bacon, etc. They also had what tasted like, freshly squeezed orange juice which I really liked - too many hotels use the cheap watered down stuff.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.