Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Zante 2008
6 Posts
your questions??? which resort [ zakinthos is an island]

best bars ..sorry too old to bother

the other questions i will try and get some answers the week after next whilst there

wizard
Sorry my bad. Were going to Laganas.

Thanks for your help.
Hi ozzmeister :wave:

- How busy will the resort be in June
Laganas should be well up and running by June.
There will be a few apartment blocks dotted around the resort that are not open
earlier in the season as the resort reaches capacity in July August.

- Whats the rough price for eating out
Depends on where / what you eat.
€1 = Pot Noodle...
€1.5-2 = Giro (like a kebab yum yum!! )
€4-5 = Good Full English breakfast.
€5-7 = MaccyD's, Pizzahut, Kentucky.
€5-8 = At many of the local family restaurants, plenty to choose from
(€5-8 = main course obviously if you add a starter and a few beers / wine, desert, it'll be more like €25/30 each for a real good 2 hour sit down) :tup

Traditional Greek (Look out for Yianni's Taverna round the back of the main strip)
Some great Italian restaurants (the one on the Kalamaki road near Gut busters was the best)
There's a Chinese & Indian that do a fixed price all you can eat menu (not the best but, OK food)

- Whats the rough drink prices like (beer, cocktails etc)

The exchange rate and wages affect this but, it'll be cheaper than back home.... ;)
** watch out for your mates, there are dodgy bar staff who'll overcharge and take advantage if your drunk**

- What is the local beer (and is it any good)

Mythos & Amstell are the local beers. I preferred Mythos others like Amstell.
There are so many Brit bars there that you can find most of your favourite beers on tap somewhere...

- What are the best bars/clubs

Rescue's and Zeros are at the heart of the Laganas strip. Laganas has changed a little over the last two seasons with Guest DJ's coming over Radio 1 etc. The clubs were always free so could you just try them all every night and settle where ever the best atmosphere was. Not sure what's happening here so best look in on http://www.laganas.me.uk/ and ask there for current info.

To get the best out of Laganas you have to be friendly, polite and ask around for info while your there. For the most part everyone is there to help you enjoy your holiday and have a good time. :tup
Gutted, I took the family last year and greatly miss Zante and Laganas.

Have a good time, I can assure you iof you are going on a family holiday or a lads on the lash party, you will enjoy it.
live from laganas... most bars and clubs are open the remainder should be open for the beginning of june temp today 35 mythos fine [find amsells a bit sweet]

come and have fun

wiz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.