Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
we went to zante last year and are going again july 08, already started looking for 09 :D my kids are 15 and 11 and we all love kalamaki, plenty to do, lovely beach, great bars, hiring a car this year and having a look around at more resorts, the best thing to do i would think is check out the reviews for the resorts, but kalamaki is my recommendation anyway :D :cheers
Hi Lancs thank you, my daughter went to kalamaki last year and said it was ace n would deffo go bk just wanted to ask some1 elses opinion. Will start looking at apts in kalamaki then. Cheers :sun2
hI THERE,

we went to zante and stayed in the resort of argassi, it was perfect and i would really recommend it, its not too full of nightclubs, but there are a few if you like that, but there are some lovely tavernas with live music and so on.
we stayed in dennis hotel, i think it was named after the ownwer, he was really lovely and couldnt do enough for you. there is plenty of shops as well. We loved it and will definately go back in a few years time. i would give it a look if i were you.
Thank you Cat ive been looking at hols today n found some good deals both to Kalamaki & Argassi so will look at reviews n then book. Might be good idea to get this years holiday over with 1st but dont want to miss out on free child places ive found :rofl . Julie xx
We love Zante, and with a 15 year old I would highly recommend the resort of Tsvilli, we visited and stayed elsewhere but it is a greta resort, plenty of stuff for your son to do including laser quest, paintball and track quad biking (mush safer than it sounds) they also have a climbing tower and other things to keep him busy.

As far as excursions go take him on a turtle trek and a boat trip to the shipwreck, the trip around the island by coach and the trip to Kefalonia/Athens/Olympia are great and very interesting but you might find it hard to keep his attention while you enjoy the trips.

We have done everything on Zante and know everything there is to know about the place (including what to do in A&E as we went this time with a dislocated and broken toe) so if you want anymore info then please do PM me!

Thanks and enjoy your trip!
Thank you lou for your information its deffo made my mind up to go to Zante next year just deciding which resort. Julie xx :cheers
Dont go to Tsilivi if you like a nice beach, its awful in my opinion
iallen - I'd say the exact same thing abour Argassi. Just a very short narrow strip of sand. The beach is practically non-existant and the worst I've been to in Greece.

Vonny41 - If a good beach is a major part is choosing your resort then I'd recommend that you stear clear of Argassi. If you enjoy staying round the pool then it may be the resort for you because theres certainly plenty going on, loads of good restaurants and bars etc.
you can always go to Laganas.. NOT the strip end but the east end some nice hotels lots of places to eat nice beach, and not too rowdy

yasus
wizard
Thank you for all your replies they have been very helpful. Think it might be Kalamaki or Laganas but see what deals come up. Julie :tup
:wave: went to laganas june 07 plenty to do dont stay at the christina aps only has one room hire a quad easier to see the area :tup
Hi folks found a great deal to macedonia apts kalamaki aug 09 14 nights sc from local airport myself OH n 15 yr old son just short of £1200 but cant seem to find any reviews on these apts? Any help would be greatly appreciated ( does this sound a good deal?) Julie. :sun2
Funny enough i was looking at macedonia apts in kalamaki yesterday while looking for a
holiday next year. For 2 weeks, 2 adults and 1 child (13 years) from Glasgow on the 2nd August
it is £986 through mytravel.
There are reviews on justzante.com and they seem okay.
What travel company are you looking at?
Hi striker it was mytravel i was looking at too flying on 6th Aug from LBA, yours is an even better price than mine lol. :sun2
the macedonia looks nice, its just at the back of the amaryllis(where we stay) we went to the pool bar there a couple of times last year, looks like the planes are going to land on top of it tho :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.