Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I am going back tem years or so but lagana used to have a big floating jetty on the beach that lead to a bar at the end of it, if I remember rightly.

Though that holiday is quite hazy on my memory can't think why :rofl
Thanks for the response - this could be the one.
I think it was about 6 years ago.
The walkway referred to went to a big restaurant area - most people off the boat went into there for some lunch.
Can't understand why your memory is so hazy (lol)!!
Thanks again!
:sun2
Hi rhodosfan,

I remember being on a boat excursion back in 2001 and I think it was Ionio Beach also known as Banana Beach near Vassilikos. We had a choice of swimming from the boat to the beach or taking a rickety floating pontoon powered by 2 outboard engines. I joined a family of Australians who decided to swim and we dived off the boat and swam and it was hard going against the currents. There are several lovely beaches around Vassilikos that it could have been. Banana Beach had a water sports center, diving and jet ski's etc. There was also a fairly large restaurant / Cafe there which was handy for a bit of shade as the beach was red hot..

I think the beach you mention is Vasilikos Beach You Tube google search << Should be the top result and have the "Pontoon" as the thumbnail on the video.

I've uploaded an old Map.. Vassilikos is at the bottom right corner F8 on the map.

webspace.virginmedia.com/zante map zoom in using right click then you can drag the map around.

Jpeg map scan image of the whole island..

webspace.virginmedia.com/zante_map/zante-map.jpg

Paul.
Hi Paul
Many thanks for the reply and the links! Very helpful.
Yes I'm now certain that this is the place that I meant.
Thanks again.
Steve
I've finally found the exact place which I meant - it is Porto Roma - well worth a visit!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.