Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hello, we got married in paphos in june 2006 & used a company called medweds, there an english company, if you visit there website you can get more information, they were excellent!! they ahve a phone number on there website you can ring them on & have many packages to suit, they also have various offices around the island not just in paphos. if you would like anymore info just ask.
hi everyone and anyone,
can anybody help me. ive booked my wedding for may 2009 at yeroskipou town hall but ive never been to cyprus before :que but not heard a bad word about it! im staying at the athena beach in paphos but trying to find a nice restaurant for after wedding. i no my wedding co-ordinator from thomas cook can sort this when we arrive but i would like some other options than only who they can use :( . does anyone know about the wedding only venue in paphos harbour? its very modern seen a picture on a wedding organisers site, but dont know name x
Hi Jenie,

We fly to Paphos 2 weeks today and are getting married 27th June in Ayia Kyriaki . We have booked Romantica Restaurant for after our wedding . Like you we have not been to Cyprus before but are using planners based in Paphos. I have seen lots of good reviews for Romanticas. There is also Zaffrons which is mentioned a lot. I think that may be where you are talking about. There is a site called Paphoseating.com which is good as it has reviews on all the restaurants.

Good luck and if you have anymore questions ask away. :)
hi nanamaria,
thanks for that site i'll take a look, we've booked with thomas cook which means leaving things till ya get there but im a bit nervous bout leaving it till last min :( . Think i need to just chill :) Good luck with your wedding hope all goes to plan :gluck
we got married at the yeroskipou june 2006, it was all brilliant. You`ll love it all. A company called medweds arranged our wedding out there for us, we had our reception at a restaurant out nearer coral bay & hired a fun bus to transport our guests, we had our meal on the roof of the restaurant it was all fabulous! If theres any other info i can give you please ask.
hi bubbles and nanamaria,
did any of you eat at dillions whileyou where there? or poseidonas?
hey this is just a warning to other brides who are planning to get married at the yerisopu town hall (outside)
My future hubby and i are getting married in september and went out to cyprus last week for a friends wedding and also checked out the venues for our own. my boyfriend saw it before i did as he went with his friend to register his marriage. he joked for a couple of days that it was a building site so i honestly thought if we was joking about it, it really couldnt be that bad, boy was i wrong. when you first arrive the actual town centre of yerisopu they are massive building works, someone said they are starting to put sewage systems in. on the walk way down to the bit where you get married there is graffetti all on the walls, which no-one can miss. on the actual bit that you do your vows at there is tyre marks all over it and just to the left they are putting up buildings which is noisy so you would be lucky if your guests actualy heard you saying your vows. It is also the local hang out for most teenagers, we went about 11am in the morning and there was at least 10 of them just sitting around. my wedding planner said they get them all to leave if there is a wedding there though. the actual bit under the canopy is lovely but its just a shame about the grafetti and the building work. i actualy started crying while we tried to look at the positives. we have been able to change ours luckly and im glad we managed o go out before but i know not everyone has that opertunity thats why i just wanted to give you a little warning. payia town hall is gorgeous so is paphos especially for photos outside. i do actauly have photos if you want to see for yourself, as our wedding planner said unless they have a wedding there they dont actual see the venue and she hasnt been there for a while and didnt realise there was these problems
hi jenie i cant say we did eat at either restaurant sorry.
hi kristina OMG :cry please tell me your wedding co-ordinator said it may all be sorted soon or at least could be!
we dont get married till may 09 and because ours is with a travel company not sure if be able change it :duh .
There are two sets of stairs down aren't there? are they both covered in graffitti?
Any chance you be able cheer me up and tell me of any nice modern restaurants to have a reception at. feel like just been slapped in face! :banghead: but grateful you've let us no!
Ta jen x
Can anyone recommend a wedding planner in Protaras or has anyone dealt with a T.O for Protaras?

Can't seem to find any at all! Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough! lol

Thanks in advance! :wave:
sorry louise cant help,
we booked our wedding and package with thomas cook and our holiday, so we will be given a wedding co-ordinator from them. sorry
have you tried cyprus wedding belles or i do? ive seen both of their sites before.
if you type cyprus weddings into a search engine it will give you companies who deal with weddings - if that helps you. :)
hi louise,
regarding Protaras TO i recommend Cyplon. friends of mine got married last year at the grecian poark and it was perfect !!
ihccas - thanks! I have looked them up and they look fab too. And the Grecian Park is where i'd like to be married, looks gorgeous!

For anyone else who is having trouble finding a Protaras wedding planner also I have found a great site too -aisleoflove co uk- very good website
What do you get with a Thomas Cook wedding???? as we are looking to get married next may and are wondering weather or not to go with TO or DIY ( found diy with what we need for 680E) Where exactly do you get married with Thomas Cook as would like Grecian Park or Capo Bay..
CazzMicknTom - Go to the Thomas Cook website and download the wedding brochure in pdf format, that tells you there the packages you get I think. But the website I posted above offers a link to the Grecian Park and Capo Bay websites and they tell you what you get with them if you book direct.

Hope that helps xxx
hi cazmickntom,
ive booked my wedding with thomas cook you can get married in potaras with them.
civil can be done at paralimmi town hall or at the following hotels grecian park, golden coast, sunrise beach and cavo maris beach or you can have a chapel blessing at golden coast.
they have two packages a standard (mayor fee's, ceremony, admin n co-ordinator) or a deluxe(as the standard plus bouquet,buttonhole,wine,cake&30photosn album)
hope that helps, need any more info just ask. might be able help
jen :)
Thanks Jenie, do you happen to know what the cost is of the superior?
Just picked up TC weddings brochure, looking through it now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.