Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Everyone and congratulations on your upcoming weddings! :hols

My new husband and I got married in Limassol in June of this year, we stayed at the Atlantica Oasis. It was the best time of our lives! Our wedding was totally perfect, the staff were so very friendly and exceeded all of our expectations. :wow

I would definately recommend weddings in Limassol and the Atlantica Oasis Apartments and Hotel group as accomodation!

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and I will respond as quickly as possible. :cheers
congratulations on your wedding

glad you had a fab time, we were married at capo bay in june and i cant begin to say how fab it was, so glad your wedding went as well as expected
and all the best to you and your husband for the future
les xx

:) :) :)
Hi all bride/groomies past, to be etc!

Me and the other half are thinking of getting married in a few years in Cyprus, but like everthing else we wanna do we've gotta save up! :(

Anyway, not to be too nosey but I was just wondering what approximately it would cost?

We were thinking of capo bay, been on the website and love the look of it. Also have seen some wedding planners out there offering deals. We wouldn't want anything too fancy really but in the same breath dont want it to be cheap! lol

Also we were gonna pay to fly and accomodate both sets of parents too, anyone else and i guess it would start getting a bit more costly!

Any help is greatly appreciated! :wave:
hi cazmickntom
i took you advice an emailed the wedding resistrar myself, i got told my wedding at noon aswell haha same time same date now! jus different sides of the island. :wave: all the best with all the planning
jen x
Hi All,
I have just returned from Protaras and had the most fantastic wedding!!!
We stayed at the constantinos the great hotel, Although we got married at Paralimni Town Hall.
The reception we had in our hotel on the balcony overlooking the sea you could not fault it the service and the food was fantasic, there where 28 of us with 4 children under the age of 10.

I just wanted to share some of my experiences with you.
I booked my basic wedding package with Thomas cook, it was near on impossible to get any information from them before I went for the wedding extras. SO I organised a lot of it BEFORE I WENT. I am now glad that I did.

The wedding co-ordinator who is obviously on commission organised the wedding meeting at 9am on the first day, this is not so everthing is organised for the big day but to ensure that they get in first!!!.

They organsied a Taxi to take us to the town hall and they add on 20 Euros for the booking, you can go to any taxi rank and get them to take you for a lot less.

They try to get you to have their haridresser "Ex Toni & Guy or so they say" who will do your hair in your hotel room, and say "well there is a hairdresser in the hotel but I don't know what they are like.", of course they know what it is like they see lots of weddings!!. I had mine, 3 adult maids and 1 child maids done in the hotel. It was fantastic, and at the same price as the brides hair would have cost with TC. Also be aware that a lot of hotels will kick you out if you have hair & beauty done in your room by a 3rd party rather than using the hotels own.

As there was a lot of family travelling out there we booked a bus direct from EMAN Travel, Demitris was fantastic very helpfull we had an aircon coach but could have had the chicken bus for the same price of 160Euro, TC will charge you over 400E for the coach or Over 500E for the chicken bus so be warned!

TC will recomend where you can have your reception but check with your hotel as they are probably on commision with this as well. We had ours at the hotel and it was fantastic.

We oranised our wedding photos also direct with a wedding planner in cyprus, although they are ok I would not say that they are fantastic, make sure you tell the photographer exactly what you want otherwise they just snap away with the style which they like, and ensure they you get the digital images on cd in with the price.

I had silk flowers and button holes made and took them with me.

My wedding in cyprus was a complete dream come true, we got married in cyprus as we wanted a family holiday as well as our wedding, what we had in cyprus we could not have had it in the uk for the same price. I would deffinately go back to this hotel as it was great.

Whats annoying is that tour operators who already get paid via the holiday and wedding package then try to sting you for more or guide you to have items which financially benifit them.

So if you are getting married anywhere in cyprus, do you homework and get most of it sorted before you go!

We got all our wedding, flowers, hair, reception for 28 people, included 5 course meal, with all drinks for all guests all day, transport, for £2,000 english not cypriot pounds. To have this in the uk would have costed near to 5k.
Kerry, thanks for all the comments! Really interesting to read! I think for what we was thinking of saving up was a bit too much!!! lol :tup
Kerry I completely agree, I was married in Paphos, cyprus and I was booked through first choice and I felt they were a bit pricey on everything my report of my wedding is on here also.
Laura
kerry
thanks for advice i've sorted my hairdresser but am now worried bout what u saying about getting kicked out, do u really think they would?
im desperately trying to find a modern restaurant in paphos driving me mad :banghead:
ive got 12 photos with thomas cook do u think i could have extra photos done with sumone else?
Hi jenie

Please do not use phone style text, eg u instead of you, as per our Rules of Posting
Rules Of Posting:
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Kerry,
What was the town hall like as that is where I am getting married and don't like the look of it from the outside. :cry although it does look good inside.
Cazz.
The inside of the town hall wedding room is quite nice, it has a stage area with grand piano.
Black Carpet with white carpet on the isle.
All the chairs have chair covers on them and their are arrangements on pedastalls, I have some pics I can email you if you PM me.
Kerry

You can upload your pics to our Photo Galleries if you wish via the link at the top of the page. Just remember to state where and when they wree taken.

luci :wave
Hi all i got married in August this year and i used I DO WEDDINGS there service was fantastic and i couldnt fault them at all. There prices were fair and the photographs were amazing. My big day went without a hitch. The price altogether worked out around 2200 euros. If you are interested there website address is http://www.idoweddings.com.cy. The team there are truley amazing.
hi laurababes,
i had already read your post got alot of info from it hun. does the posedinas restaurant have an website address do you know.
Hi Kerry08,
I sent you a pm with my e-mail addy.
jenie the psodenias does not have an email adress or website but I could hunt the phone number out for you if that was any help
laura
Hi Laurababes, have read your posts and I've got so much info from them. I've also booked through 1stchoice and are staying in the Aliathon, getting married there next July. They haven't been that great at passing on info, in fact it's been really poor. We are wanting to do everything on site, get married and then have the reception there, so that we don't need the hassle of organising buses. Think there's about 30-40 coming out! So much for a quiet wedding!!haha :cheers
I have a few questions, if that's ok? Is it possible that you arrange your own taxi to go down and register your wedding? Don't fancy having to pay €32 when it would normaly cost €7!! That's a rip off. Ok, when you are getting married & you put wedding infront of anything you know that the price is going to go up, but that's just pushing it as far as I'm concerned. The other questions was, how far in advance did you book your photographer? That was an amazing deal that you got, compared to fc. Would love to see your pics too.
Thanks, Ann :wave:
Ann_G wrote:
Hi Laurababes, have read your posts and I've got so much info from them. I've also booked through 1stchoice and are staying in the Aliathon, getting married there next July. They haven't been that great at passing on info, in fact it's been really poor. We are wanting to do everything on site, get married and then have the reception there, so that we don't need the hassle of organising buses. Think there's about 30-40 coming out! So much for a quiet wedding!!haha :cheers
I have a few questions, if that's ok? Is it possible that you arrange your own taxi to go down and register your wedding? Don't fancy having to pay €32 when it would normaly cost €7!! That's a rip off. Ok, when you are getting married & you put wedding infront of anything you know that the price is going to go up, but that's just pushing it as far as I'm concerned. The other questions was, how far in advance did you book your photographer? That was an amazing deal that you got, compared to fc. Would love to see your pics too.
Thanks, Ann :wave:

Hi anne , you don't get much information off first choice at all a couple of months before hand they will send you a list of services they provide but you have to ask for it and they have all the prices of all the services they do on that, and I was quite shocked when I got that. First choice can organise everything for you from start to finish but it is a costly affair. I imagine you can organise your own taxi, I think you just have to be firm with them and say I have it sorted, I was just so stunned that the co-ordinator put it in with everything else that I ordered, that I never had the nerve to say no, and they try to talk you out of your own plans, for instance I don't tan very well so I had a st tropez tan done the day before and the co-rdinator was saying there is no comeback going with that company, at least with our girls we can guarantee they do amazing jobs and I was like ok, the company I got exquisite cyprus do thomas cook and thomson weddings over there, it was the same with the photographer, the co-ordinator was saying well we can't guarantee his work, I was like ok, turns out he has done a few jobs for first choice, so be careful when you get there.
Getting married on site is a fabulous idea looks beautiful the places you can get married they have a gazebo, or the church and there are various locations as to where you can have your reception, when I was there in june there were approx 2 weddings a day in the hotel except on a sat and sunday as they don't have weddings on those two days.
I booked photokyriacos in the october before I got married, he is amazing , I will pm you with the link to his website where he has my photos on my pics are under laura and simon, also he has another couple on there with an aliathon holiday village wedding which would give you an idea of the type of pics he takes in the aliathon, the service he gives is unbelievable, since I got back he has had a few more weddings booked after people read my post, any more questions fire away laura
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.