Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
From memory, most posters on this & other boards seem to quote that they have been charged around 50/60 Leva (around £20-£23 at current exchange rates) from Burgas airport to Sunny Beach - high by 'normal' Bulgarian taxi standards.

Always agree a price before getting into a taxi.

Baldur
Hi Tepe, just got the prices for 2008 from the guy who does our transfers to Golden Dreams which is close to the centre of Sunny beach,
Quote "Bourgas - Sunny Beach - for 3 - 100lv return ( 50euros) - around 35
GBP
Bourgas Sunny Beach - for 5 - 150lv return( 75 euros) - around
55GBP

Please note that the prices would be in leva/euro this year but also
can be paid in GBP , according to the exchange rate"
These are return prices and apply for anytime, regards, Paul.
Hi Tepe

We also pay 100 leva return. We have used the same company 3 times now and them been very reliable.

Liz
the lady we use is an English Expat she charges 90 lev return for 4 people
Wow, thats some rip off, I have a taxi for my orphanage trip from Albena, we leave Albena, to Market in Varna, then to orphange total 110 kilometres, driver waits 3 hours then return trip. Total cost 100 lev. for journey of 220 kilometres. Tonyt.
And I bet he helps you with carrying all your goodies for the children from the market as well.

Patka
Patka, he certainly does and he even barters for a better price for us. Tonyt. :wave: :wave: :wave:
Hi Tony & patka.

You both know that the Bulgarians will do all they can to help when you treat them like people not servants. :yikes :que
I have apartments in St Vlas and when we go there we use them for our transfers to/from the airport and they only charge 50 levs each way. They are very reliable and are waiting for you outside arrivals at the airport as you arrive.

If any anyone wants their contact details send me a PM. I dont want to be seen as posting blatant adverts for them.

Adam.
We went to Sunny Beach in October 2007 and paid £30 return from Bourgas Airport to the resort centre. Before going we pre-booked a taxi using the internet and the service was excellent. The price we were quoted was in sterling and we paid the driver in sterling.
WE get airport pickup and return from Bourgas to St Vlas, welcome pack,
and all washing and cleaning done when we leave for 185lev. What we
think is a good price. If anyone wants their number please PM.

Derek
Thank you everyone for your advice/info. We have found it extremely useful.

I asume it would be cheaper to pre-book than to get one outside the airport when we land?

Regards

Tepe

X :cheers :tup
post deleted. We do not allow spamming on our forums "John".
  • Edited by Fiona 2008-02-17 22:54:36
    spamming
so airport transferes arent included? the agent didnt tell us that..... hmmm will have to contact the travel agent to ask. its not that much of a problem. just me assuming they were included.
so airport transferes arent included?

Depends who you've booked with and whether your holiday is a package or not - airport transfers have always been included in the price of the Balkan Holidays packages that I've done in the past.

Most of the above posts probably relate to posters who have their own apartments or who have booked flights & accommodation separately.

Baldur
Much better to pre-book a taxi before you go. I use fresh accommodation . co . uk. They charge £18 each way - not the cheapest, but very reliable and you pay in sterling before you go and don't have to worry about getting levs.
Hi guys,

We are doing flight & accomodation seperate. It works out to be the cheapest option for us.

Thanks for all the advice. Were looking into every option we can. :tup :wave:
Tepe
X
Hi,
I've spent all day checking out forums for Bulgaria and this seems by far the most comprehensive. However, most boards in general allow PM'ing.

can i ask AdamV about his transfer taxi contact at the airport? I too have an apartment just up the road from you in St Vlas. This is the first time seeing it in May and looking for cheaper transfers than 100 Lev. 50 Lev sounds a bargain.

most appreciated if you can help me out

cheers

Adam L
Hi dumski,

Welcome to the board!

However, most boards in general allow PM'ing.

See HERE = "I cannot send private messages!".

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.