Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I'll go first, The Flowers Pub under the Zvelte hotel.

2 * Roast Beef lunch
1 * Steak & Mushroom Pie
1 Sprite, 1 Cola, 1 Large Beer
53.50 lev.

Excellent food & service.
My favourites for 2008 so far are

For 2 people with a couple of drinks each

1. Fara around 20 leva
2. Condor around 25 leva
3. Djannys around 25 leva

My favourite restaurant in Ravda had not opened yet.
only ate out twice and went to Djanny's which was excellent.
for what we paid for 2 steak dinners and Wine/beer (48 lev) it was a good deal.
Food excellent and the service was exceptional.

Q: what's the deal with tipping in Bulgaria? is there a norm? I only tip for good service generally and they seemed very very happy with 10%

definitely have to check out the other reccomendations in July - thanks all for the advice
My friend has told me:

''club tropacana, its rite on the beach front,,well nice drinks and food...

and get a photo holdn te snakes and crocodiles!!! they usually dwn the beach aswell,,guys holdn them an that,,,,

the dolphin show i ok,, not great tho,,,doesnt last long...''

She went last year, in sept.
I'm afraid that the Tropicana is not there this year. The resort closes down over winter and things are not the same every year.

By all means have your photo taken with the animals, if its what you want, but the exploitation of animals in Bulgaria is appalling and having photos taken with them simply encourages it.

Patka
well i was onli posting someone's veiws, i love animals esp snakes so if in doubt i will not be anywhere near them but from what i hear sometimes you dont have much choice.

:duh
I agree with Patka, these guys should be avoided at all costs, the animals/reptiles should be taken away from them and placed in a zoo
Fiona
Off to Sunny beach on Sunday.

Any restaurant recommendations would be great?

Thanks
Anna
Hi Star 24.
I have been to Sunny Beach many times and always return tothe same restaurants. You should try Condor, Dyjanny's, Mamacitas and Cafe Del Mar. You will find Condor and Dyjanny's across the main road from the Kuban Hotel which is at the centre of Sunny Beach. Mamacitas is in the main area up from the Kuban heading towards the beach and Cafe Del Mar is the restaurant at the base of the Alba Hotel, again this is near the Kuban hotel. Hope you find them as good as i have over the years !
Enjoy your holiday ! :sun2 :cheers :wave:
hi i am going to golden sands on july 26th can anyone tell me were the best places to eat i am not fussy i like most food
many thanks rasher
Hi martinh99 there are loads of great places to eat .The Sochi next to perunika hotel.The Gibralta across from the Admiral hotel .also the Havana up past the Sochi ,across from the Sochi is a good steak house .The parmi does great food also .You will probably find places you like yourself by just trying them out. june :wave:
best meals we had where at the German restuarants on the main plaza and Fat Cats was good

Best of all was Carraby near fat cats ate there 3 times and every meal was great especially the mexican boritos they was great and even asked for a doggy bag lol, only time we ever felt we had eaten something.

Helena2 hotel restaurant was good too :cheers
I dont suppose anyone knows of any vegetarian places to eat, as our girls are both veggies. Most places I have been to are usually 99% meat menus. There are only so many pizza they can eat. :lol:
Please help me........ Ta

Tepe
X
If it is Sunny Beach you are going to then most, if not all the restaurants offer a vegetarian selection in their menus. I am also a vegetarian and have never had any difficulty in finding a good and varied selection of food to eat the many times I have ben there. I particulary like Djanny's, Mamacitas, Cafe Del Mar, The Happy Duck and Milanos. All of these restaurants can be found around the main area of Sunny Beach. Just look for the Kuban Hotel in Flower Street. Hope this helps ! :wave:
Thanks lubo25. It is Sunny Beach we are staying at. Thats a massive help. Our girls will be very happy knowing they wont have to join a gym by the time they come home.

:hyper :pele

Tepe
X
Definately The Piccadilly Restaurant (opposite meridian hotel ). Excellent food, excellent service, excellent music, excellent value for money. In all i would say it was excellent :rofl :cheers :glynis c
Hi all I'm in GS right now had a superb meal @ the Golden Lion pub lastnight
2 adults 2 kids
2 large bottles Kaminitza
2 cokes
1 water
1 moussaka
1 Margarita pizza
1 toast with bacon
1 Omolette with vegetarian rissotto
2 portions fries
53 leva = 22.47 pounds & pence
right now in GS you get 2.36 leva to a pound

cheers Stevie
DOA, thats brilliant info - cheers! I'm off to Golden Sands a week tomorrow and that sort of info is very much appreciated.

Scott.
St Konstantine & Elena the Restaurant Zsaliva(not correct spelling) across from hotel Bor is excellent value for money & the service & food are brilliant too....the restaurant over looks a beautiful small beach which is also run by the restuarant but not in a pushy way they don't hassle you for drinks or food every 5 mins .

The prices are really good too .

It is family run by brothers Vasco & Pato & Nataly (Vasco's partner)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.