Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just got back from Sunny Beach and what a place. I cant wait to go again.

Of places to eat I would recommend An-Mari, a steak house just off Flower street near Den Glade Viking club, Carriby (which has already been mentioned), the restaurant opposite carriby (whose name I cant remember) and a place just up the side street from both above and opposite 24hr Bar Lydia which has a big sign announcing Traditional Bulgarian Cuisine and 1lev a big beer! Can't fault that. Both food and drink excellent.

For just drinking or nights out, the G-Spot Cocktail bar near the Royal Beach mall does the best cocktails around and has bean-bag chairs and a gorgeous waitress, Coyotes Ugly is excellent, the giant cocktails in Amigos bar are a must and the luxury beach cocktail bar does good value and quality happy hour cocktails. The flying dutchman near Fat cats was also good, the Heikeken Bar was great and always busy and Ole Ole,near the Globus Hotel, was fun but tended to run out of draught beer. Be aware, though, that these places are frequented by 18-30'ers and pub crawls on an almost nightly basis and may not be suitable for everyones taste.

On a negative note, avoid Arziona restaurant as the food was foul and if you are given discount vouchers by your holiday company dont show them until you settle your bill. Our party found a distinct lack of quality in foods we bought when showing these tokens first. It may have just been us but you never know.

Also, buy pancakes and donuts from the many stands you'll find around. They are very tasty and highly addictive!! :)
hi just got back from golden sands have to say it was the best
holiday i have been on. the gibraltor was the best place to eat out i would also say the corner steakhouse and the havana steakhouse are also good. exchange rate was 2.36 to pound. if anybody needs any info just get in touch cheers rasher
Has anyone tried the IRIS restaurant it is good food large portions and frequented by the locals so therefore very cheap. It is situated by the main bus station and can be recommended. Hope you enjoy.
Billyboy12
We were introduced to the Iris 2years ago by some Bulgarian friends. We are in Sunny Beach twice a year and eat there regularly. I agree EXCELLENT, cant fault the food, prices or the service. We ate there quite a few times during our 3 week say in June/July and am looking forward to returning when we go back on 5th September. Always a warm welcome from our favorite waiter Juro.
Have you tried the Kokiche restaurant, just beyond Djannys? Another good restaurant used by the locals.
HMJ We have tried djannys and kokiche we also enjoy condor they all are excellent value for money. The garlic bread in kokiche is to die for anyone going there to eat must try it.
Garlic bread.......Kokiche......A MUST!!!! I agree. Also as you say, Condor is very good. We were not happy with the Fara though. 1lev, beer, spirits and soft drinks/mixers but the food was not very good and the service even worse. They advertise a Karaoke bar inside from 10pm. We ate outside and then ventured into the Karaoke.....prices ridiculous!!!! Had one drink and left. It became very uncomfortable in there with customers complaining about the food and the service. One lady with 2 young children, I think she was Danish, refused to pay for her meal and they brought the heavies out......you know the big lads with the black t.shirts!!! Needless to say I wont be going back....especially when Condor is just across the road. NO CONTEST.
been to bulgaria 4 times ( sunny beach ) just booked for 09 the best place to eat is the miami in the village of sveti vlas about 10 mins from sunny beach get a taxi not to expensive no entertainment but a good atmosphere we visit 3 or 4 times when we are there
Never tried the miami but heard only good recomendations. Will certainly be trying on next visit because will be staying in sveti vlas as sunny beach is not the same as it was. Like all holiday destinations things change but sadly sunny beach has not changed for the better. :sun2
billy boy 12 you will enjoy the miami try go on a saturday when it is usually packed out the atmosphere is brill make a good effort to speak to the staff vesko mimi and detilina are the owners they are lovely and my friend polja they cannot do enough for you we are always treated like royalty i will be there myself next july enjoy youself
Got back from Sunny Beach two weeks ago, first time there.
Been to Golden Sands six times.

My favourite places to eat in Golden Sands was El Capitan and mamma mias.

Sunny Beach i quite liked Bistro Billy's, Neptune which served English sausage and bacon in the breakfasts, Malina and thought Bombay Palace was great.

Arizona i thought was terrible, was the worst meal i had, took forever to come and the chicken was still red with blood inside.
Walked out of the Maverick restaraunt as it took ages to get a waiter, asked for a chicken pizza, and he said "where in the menu does it say chicken pizza" and he stormed off.

Going back next year staying in the grand hotel oasis
i would like to recommend a little place near the beach its a green gazeebo connected to a wood hut its called la banana its lovely to eat there the food is great fresh and cheap and very friendly try it you will like it too
I enjoyed The Castle for food :)
Also went to Arizona and ordered a beef and onion pie, only for my plate to come out and find it had no pastry! :rofl

Thought the Fat Cat was a very good pub, along with the swedish/finland pub ( forgotten what its called) always packed with youngsters on the pub crawl.
came back at the weekend, must tell everyone about the Steak House Real, it is just a few doors down from Golden Dreams, this restaurant is open all year round and is very cheap. pork steaks with sauce 13 lev, gammon steaks 13 lev, chicken kavarma 8.90 lev, beer 1 lev for a pint, cocktails 5 lev bogof.

we had a three course meal there each night, we were also offered a shot or icecream as a gift , we did not spend more than 30 levs there each night. some nights our bill was only 20 levs for starter main course and drinks ;)
i love the food in la'banana its a green gazeebo attached to a wooden hut near beach front oppasite adam and eve restaurant the food is cheap and fresh and very pleasant the staff are very friendly too dont know if anyone heard of it but its always packed every night
hi all me an the family are off to sunny beach once more have not been there for 3 years can anyone please tell me if sharky`s bar or the alice bar are still going? spent many a good night (and some good afternoons ha ha) in those places thanx loads :cheers :cheers
The "Alice Bar" ? Do you mean Tonys Karaoke , with the "who the F@@@ is Alice " sign ?

Its still going strong, and doing well.
yep thats the one thanx when we first went it was pretty much within the grounds of the sun palace hotel then moved the year after thats why i called it the alice bar they were the t shirts you won or bought ha ha and we have had some good times in there to thanks for the reply :D
omg all iv read about is restaurant and bars that are all in the main strip or near. can l suggest u cross the main road and try the bars and restaurants that are half the price that u pay on the main strip. l cant mind the name but there is a restaurant that is across from the bus station, grt food(well the locals eat there so cant be bad lol). also l reccomend having a nite in sharkys bar, grt time
The one across from the bus station sounds like the Iris. Used by the Bulgarians, excellent. We've been going there for about 3 years.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.