Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
i suffer from hayfever and i've just got back from majorca i didn't suffer any symptons of hayfever at all but you might wanna take your medicine with you just in case

happy hols :cheers
Thank you adj27 that's great.

Yes I will take my tablets just in case.

Cheers

K :sun2
My son suffers really badly with hayfever but always seems to be okay when we are on holiday in Majorca. I have always taken his medication 'just in case' but this year I'm just taking his Allergy Reliever (got it from chemists - it has 2 prings which you stick up each nostril and press a button and they glow red).

We got it last year and it seriously reduced the amount of anti-histamines he had to take.
Thats sounds good, I have never heard of it.
I will ask my doc, I am going tomorrow.

Thank you.
Hya

I saw a similar allergy reliever on this Morning a couple of years back (Dr Chris Steele was singing it's praises) but the machine in question was very expensive, did the same thing as this one but just expensive so when I saw this one in Lloyds Pharmacy last summer for £14.99 I thought we'd give it a go as it wasn't much to lose if it was rubbish - but it really worked wonders for him and a friends son who has severe hayfever noticed a vast improvement with his too.

It's a Lloyds Pharmacy make and good for those with dust, pollen and pet allergies:

http://shop.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=458&storeId=40&productId=5383&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10010&top=&top_category=10006
Hi :wave:

Thanks for the link, it sounds just what I need, my tablets don't seem to be working today :que

I have a Lloyds Chemist just down the road from me, I will buy one tomorrow.

Fingers crossed it works for me :tup

K
Hi there, I went to Palma Nova a couple of years ago at the end of April/beginning of May and felt really blocked up all the time (and I don't class myself as a hayfever sufferer) but last year I went to Cala Bona beginning to middle of May and was fine. It may depend upon the resort/side of the island you are on and the amount or type of trees in the area. I would have thought the sea air would make it better, but take his medication just to be on the safe side, it saves trying to find (an open) pharmacy. Louise
Hi Louise,

It's me who gets hayfever, not my son.

I have just been to the doc's for Tel Fast and some nasal spray.
I will go to Lloyds today to by the "Allergy Reliever"

Strange because when I went to the Somme and Ypres, which are surround my fields, trees etc, I was fine, no hayfever.
I think a lot of it is to do with the fumes from cars etc...
Living in London it's bad!!

We are going to Palma Nova.

Cheers

K :sun2
I suffer from hay fever but never in majorca and certainly not in cala bona which is where we will be on friday :cheers :cheers :cheers :tup :tup :
I do suffer with hayfever here in the UK and in Mallorca. Think it depends where you stay. In Sa Coma in the apartment there are a lot of tree's nearyby. Its not as bad as in the UK, but I do get it nevertheless. I would take tablets with you - not just for hayfever, but the antihistamine is good for preventing prickly heat and also helping with any insect bites you may get...
I suffer from Hayfever and Asthma, my wife hayfever and one of my sons from hayfever and asthma. Whenever we go to Spain (twice a year normally) the symptons disappear almost immediately.
The Pine tree pollen is a big(ish) problem in March/April, but not so bad later on.

The prevailing winds are generally from the South West so are blowing in from the sea if you are anywhere on the south coast. This means hayfever sufferers are usually better here.

Inhalors, such as Ventolin, can be bought in some chemists for around 4€ so don't suffer if here without one. (Some chemists are interpreing new rules that imply you need a perscription but most will still sell these as over the counter remedies. If one says no try the next one!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.