Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Resort Hoppa
277 Posts
It depends how many are travelling. It ther are 3 or 4 in your group a taxi can be just as cheap.
Resort Hopper have just quoted me around £21 each for a return transfer from airport to Calas De Mallorca. There are 4 of us travelling so total bill would be around £84
Janer bus have quoted 61 Euros (£43) each way for a taxi. So its a taxi for me.
Last year I used Resort Hopper for the same transfer and it was so long. Waited well over an hour for another flight to arrive then Callas De Mallorca was the last drop off on the east coast run It was well over 3 hours from arriving at the Resort Hopper desk until we got to our hotel.
Use a taxi if the price difference is not that much. Straight from airport to hotel no hassle.

Robert
Janerbus is better than a airport taxi as you don't have to queue. Also the janerbus driver will know where the hotel is, a few years ago we drove round and round the meter ticking over for airport driver to locate our apartment . Ironically we drove past it at least 3 times !!!CBG
I have just had a quote from janerbus 61 euros each way from airport to C'an picafort ....that seems a really good price and email says you don't pay in advance but on the day to the driver!

...not sure what the exchange rate is at the mo but most other companies have quoted well over £100squids for the same journey!
Try mca travel: http://www.mca-hotels.com/transfers-mallorca/ and click on transfers. They offer very good deals at little prices and are highly efficient. We used them last year to get to Soller, and a minibus cost only £80 return. can Picafort is only £100 there and back dpending on what size vehicle you need. I would highly reccommend them, they greet you straight out of arrivals with a sign and the drivers are great.
Hi there. I did lots of research about transfers and got janner bus as the cheapest. For 6 people to Palma Nova it is 51 euros.
http://www.mca-hotels.com/transfers-mallorca/ have quote 61 euros
Hi

I'm going to Magaluf next Tuesday afternoon. Of the prices quoted here, these are far too expensive for a lone traveller. What's my best bet on my own, and how much should it cost me?
bus
Get the bus into Palma the Capital and then get the 104 or the 104 into Palma or just get a taxi from 25 euros to 30

Just got back last weekend and i was alonesome traveller - i did the bus journey to Palma Nova but got a cab back top the airport and that was 25 euros

for th e2 buses it was 3 euors 1.50 each journey
I used Janerbus a couple of days ago - Superb service

60e from Alcudia to the Airport
Hi there
I went to Magaluf last year by myself, I got a taxi outside of the airport. It cost me €33 from the airport. I got my hotel to book taxi going back and it cost me €30 back to the airport.
I did have a look at companies but found them expensive for one person, especially if it is a people carrier as some of them come up with. If there is a few travelling together you can split the cost, but your can't on your own.

Dawnie-Rob
Hi

I just got back from Majorca last night (Sat 26th May 2007). On arrival I walked out of the airport to the row of taxi's. There were a group of drivers hanging around chatting. I asked one of the the drivers how much to Magaluf. He told me 75 Euros. Very strange, considering that I was meeting 3 mates in Magaluf who had travelled there 3 days earlier and were only charged 30 Euros. This was confirmed on our journey home yesterday from Magaluf to the airport when we were charged 32 Euros. So, the moral here is just be careful of the rip off taxis. It is DEFINITELY ONLY 30 - 35 EUROS. NO MORE, (from Magaluf to the airport).

As one other person pointed out, there is a bus stop right next to the taxi rank that goes directly to the Capital (Palma). The bus costs about 2 Euros, and there are millions of taxis in Palma to get to Magaluf. Taxi from Palma to Magaluf is 30 Euros, or there are buses from Palma into Magaluf very cheap too.

So, next time I make this trip, I will simply get in a taxi, and chance the price on the meter. If it is anything like 75 Euros, I will simply give the driver 35 Euros, and refuse to pay any more, and invite the driver to call the Police.
Came back last week from a great weeks stay in Calas De Mallorca. Used Janer Bus for transfers and they were superb. Cost was 61 euros each way (around £86 return) by taxi. A great service shall use again.

Robert
hi there
What a disgrace regarding the €75 fare. I was in Magaluf last April, and when I asked for the price before I got in he said around €30. As my hotel was the far end (the sol Antillas) it cost me €33 and I got the hotel to book my return, that cost me €29.

Dawnie-Rob
Hi all, we were at Palma airport in feb this year. As we came out there were a few men just waiting aroung around, and as we walked passed them they asked us if we wanted a taxi, as we've been several times before & gone straight to taxi queue we said no thanks not just yet & walked on. I imagine these were not from the official taxi rank & would have also charged some ridiculous fare. So, always go straight to the taxi rank & as has been said it should only be around 30 - 35 euros to Palmanova area. This is the first time we have been approached & we've been several times as I say.
Have to agree with BIG RED, we have just come back from Palma Nova and we used Janerbus, they were excellent. Have just booked them again for Alcudia in September
Last summer we got a flight to palma and had booked a transfer with resorthoppa to alcudia. Our flight arrived on time and we were on the bus for 8.30pm, what we then had to endure was a 2 and a half hour wait until the bus set off as we waited for flight after flight to come in and fill our bus up......we finally got to our hotel at 1.30am......never again :evil:
We used Janerbus last year and they were by miles cheaper than the likes of resorthoppa and we had no problems at all. Would recommend them to anyone and will use them again for sure.
:wave How nice to see you back Tis :lol:

Nothing to do with the topic at all!

Dave.
Hi Tis, long time no post!! Janerbus the best transfer on the island would not use anyone else CBG
:offtop sorry

hi tis :wave

so nice to hear from you !!!! :D
lou x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.