Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oh yes I remember that topic Jean . do you mean the pipe thing . It brought tears to my eyes at the time because I was one of the dumb ones that never realised . Im off to find it but it must of been 2/3 yers ago .
Thanks for the link,I am still laughing!!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
All Turkish toilets have those pipes, it is a very hygenic way of using the toilet, my husband was shocked that we don't have them over here.

I do agree, it should be something they tell you on the coach on the way to your hotel when they tell you not to put the paper in the bin - I can just imagine the reps explaining it :rofl
Thanks for that - I'm now duly enlightened and had a good old laugh in the process!!!
Aw i love the wheel its great so refreshing xx
My friend who suffers with piles has nothing but praise for those pipes! :yikes Too much information I know but it's funny that she was just talking about them last week when we were in Spain :rofl
I brought it back on ICR as it was a great help to us last year, after several visit to Turkey I really was embarassed to think what the maids must have thought of us all those times we visited, now no problems, clean bums all the holiday, bottoms up everyone :D :D :D
hey,well i knew about this from visiting turkey but also cos my hubby takes forever when he goes lol!i hadnt realised till recently though that the wee pipe bit that jags your bum sometimes lol is the one they actually use to clean themselves :que :rofl i knew hubby did but thought he used sink or taps or something.....it was only when he went to mosque to pray n i asked him how he cleaned cos sink wasnt in actual toilet n he looked at me strange :duh then it clicked!he was appalled we dont have here and says when he comes what will he do :rofl x
Thanks Lyn for posting the link.I have had a good laugh reading it again. :rofl
I am off next Thursday and determined to master it this year without flooding the floor. :rofl
aam, my husband is tryng to find out how to get one of those pipes fitted to our toilet, I will let you know if we find one for when your husband comes over !
lol kedi :rofl summat to look forward to then eh..........i always end up jagging my bum :D !!!yes let me know anyway, im sure both hubbys would be pleased huh!take care
i must admit i sussed this out on our very first holiday to turkey 7 years ago ,, but then i am inquisitive and do tend to play with knobs and buttons to see what there purpose is, the funniest thing that happened to us was when a turkish friend of ours let us stay in his house for 3 weeks .. we were awoken 1 n ight by my daughter who was shouting dad ,dad . she shouts and wakes us up for anything like when her partner was snoring to loud ect ,,so we duly ignored her , after 5 minutes of her calling we answered her ,, i can hear water she said its running down somewere ,the bedrooms were downstairs in this house below road level .when we got up to investagate it was panic stations ,,there was water cascading down the stairs in to the bathroom and bedrooms below ,, we managed to get up stairs without slipping as there are marble ,, we found that some one during the night must have used the toilet upstairs and forgot to turn off the bidet and they had turned it on full , instead of going down the loo it was going over the top of the seat and running down the passage to the stairs.we tryed to turn it off but the wheel was missing ,,it had snapped and was lying on the floor ..we were in the middle of a dilema .. luckily the house is situated next door to an apartment block ,the bar was shut but the security gaurd was lying on a sunbed ,,we shouted him over but he spoke no english ,,we took him inside and showed him our problem ,, he went and got some tools turned it off and said he would return at sun up,, next morning he came with new wheel and fixed it ,,no cost, we gave him 20 lira tip and both were happy x unforunatly that wasnt our only misshap we also blew all electrics with a faulty fan ,,have you seen the circut boards ha ha ,, an d also the water bed bust too ,we had a great 3 weeks but whenever we tell him we comming back and he insists we stay at his we always refuse ha ha the stress is too much so we always get our own accomadation now ,,
I had to post after being introduced to the existance of the wheel on this forum!

What a great invention it is - wish we had them here at home!
I started off the link with 'do you want a good laugh' or something like that.
I think neewbies will be fascinated with it.

Marn :rofl
I think they will be - this was my third visit to Turkey but the first that I actually knew what it was for!! I just thought it was strange plumbing before lol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.