Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi michelle

There are some good a/I's right in the centre of Olu deniz so you have the resort on your doorstep with hisaronu within a short taxi/dolmus ride if your teens need anything livelier although there are some late dancing bars in olu that our teens have always enjoyed . The Belcekiz imo is the best hotel but as it's only available via thomson/Portland there is little competition on price and it doesnt come cheap . rooms only take 3 .There is also the olu Deniz resort and the club sun city that you may get at a keen price although reviews for the Olu deniz resort have been more mixed since last year due to new management .

Unfortunately you wont find apartments at either of these but Sun city has rooms for 5.

Our teens also loved the hemera in side (some apartments available there) . Seemed to be lots of English teens there and ours were never in before 4 or 5am .

lyn
As a general guide most of the budget AI tend not to be that great, particu;arly in the Marmaris/ Icmeler area. The food is usually poor, the drinks not that great and the food menu tends to be very repetitive.

As an alternarive wht not try to book flights, typically £250 each return depending where you fly from and some sites, eg

http://www.otbeach.com
http://www.travelrepublic.com

can do aprtments at fairly low cost

For example I booked 2 weeks in May for the missus and I for £52 in total

Stewart
2 places to avoid in Icmeler are Pineta Park and Alinda,none of the all inclusives in Icmeler are that good,2 decent ones in Marmaris are Cettia and Royal Garden.If you want more upmarket you have to go to Olu Deniz,Antalya,but you will pay a lot more.Read reviews of hotels before you book.
I would read the reviews on Marmaris and Icmeler apartments and hotels and decide for yourself,I've been recommended an ai hotel in Icmeler so they can't all be "not that good"
Hiya Michelle

Ok, it's quite difficult when you are budgeting, and then on top of that you get conflicting opinions from all different places, that's why it's best to come on sites like this and get varied comments from seasoned Turkeyites.

We have travelled for many years to Turkey, and we have only ever stayed AI, but in saying this, we have come across some wonderful places and apartments that may be good for you.
I don't ever only praise one region of Turkey, as I do think they all have something to offer, and we have stayed in a lot of the touristy places but for the last few years have chosen the less in your face places.

So, your remit is, apartments to accommodate 11 members of your family, good area and near to a good beach and local bars and amenities....................here we go.

Antalya region, Antalya is fabulous to see the sights, fabulous old town, museum, tram way, waterfalls all trips that are doable and cost effective, but you would need to be staying within Lara Beach, Belek, Side, Kemer, Tekirova or Beldibi.................

Lara Beach and Belek are where the AI hotels are, and to be honest once outside the hotels, there is nothing, just another hotel, and so this area I would not look at.
Side has a beautiful beach, some fantastic sight seeing opportunities, Temple of Apollo and the Amphitheatre, a little tractor/train runs up and down the main street, and is fun for the kids. Plenty of little bars and restaurants here, and an excellent bus service (Dolmus) to take you into the other places of interest. Manavgat, Kumkoy and Colakli etc. There are some excellent apartments in Side that could suit your needs well.

Raga Apartments. SC has rooms up to 5 people. Very near beach, about 5 minute walk, and about a mile from Side main town. Own pool, restaurant and bar, does 10 and 11 night holidays too.

Merve Sun Park Sc has rooms for up to 6 people. Very near to the beach again 5 minute walk, a little further out of town away from Side, but has a few bars and restaurants close by. The complex has a good pool, bar, a la carte restaurant, snack bar mini market and kids playground, and a really good activities programme too.

Selge Hotel B&B. A 15 minute walk to beach area with this one! Very near a few bars and cafes.The complex does have a barbeque area, and it does put on limited entertainment.Pool area, and a buffet bar breakfast area.

Kentia Apartments. SC. 2 bedroomed aprtments here, for up to 6 people. Again a little walk to the beach, although quite near to bars and restaurants. Good bus service into Side.There is good kids facilities here, indoor and outdoor pool, little restaurant and a couple of bars with waiter service. Plenty of things to do, and entertainment in the evenings.

All the above have kids ages up to 16, so some discounts on offer.

Bodrum Area.

To me the most beautiful of anywhere in Turkey, blue sea, coves, bays cafes', restaurants, lovely people and amazing sunsets.

Turgutreis, is a beautiful area of Bodrum, lovely beach area, plenty of cafes, bars and good restaurants here, can get very busy near the town, but away from the main drag, very tranquil and some lovely beach space. Wonderful marina to take a boat trip (very well priced) and fabulous little hidden bars to pick a good meal up for a few lira.

Ilknur apartments. up to 4 people. Just fabulous, we passed these apartments in September and oh wow...........honestly these are some of the best sc rooms I have ever seen.

Select White apartments. Up to 4 people. B&B. Pool, plenty of activities, small complex direct on the beach and some glorious little bars quite near. Little mini mart that sells ice cream and basics very near.

Bitez,Beautiful quiet little resort, lovely beach area, where you can lie on a hammock and just dream your days away. Good watersports here and also boat trips for hire.

Hotel Okaliptus. B&B. Right on the beach, rooms up to 4, well looked after apartments, good food, free sunloungers here near the pool, also a la carte restaurant and waiter service too. Near local bars, and bus stops just outside, This hotel offers a pre bookable taxi transfer service, but check out with other companies.

Makumba Summer Garden Apartments. SC. Rooms for up to 4 people. Very near to beach a few little bars and eateries. 2 pools, free sunloungers, good quality rooms, pool bar and a la carte restaurant. Reasonable priced good hotel. Free child places available here.

Meis Apartments. Rooms for up to 3.SC. Right on beach and very close to the quiet resort centre. Sun loungers are available at a small charge! nice pool area and bar and restaurant service. Breakfast can be had here at a small supplement.

Gumbet. Is the livliest of the resorts outside of Bodrum. Good beach, some excellent bars and very very lively. Bar street is a must. Good bus service to and from Gumbet. So you could use as a base.

Apartments Agar up to 4 people.SC. A 15 minute walk to the beach,very peaceful location. There is an outdoor pool with kids section, laundry facilities here too. A selection of evening entertainment some nights, and a bar and restaurant in complex.

Queen Resort,SC, 1 bedroomed apartments here, up to 4. Right near the lively part of Gumbet, but an excellent standard hotel. Right on the beach, a high standard room and pool here too. Good little bar and restaurant in complex, and very near to Gumbets' bars and mini marts, although you will be in the fun of it..it is not in your face. Good prices in September here. Worth a look.

Villa La Rosa. B&B, plus has 3 bedroomed villas for up to 7 people. A ten minute walk to the beach, but this hotel is in a beautiful area of Gumbet.
A beautiful pool area, excellent bar and restaurant facilities, a small cocktail bar (check for what season) tv room and an outdoor dining area.. There is a half board option offered at this hotel too. Beautiful hotel, and very well priced.

I think I have given you enough to be looking at for now. Have a look at them, check out reviews, listen to what other guests have said, we all want different things from our holidays, so "one mans meat" etc.

In conclusion I think I will say, you have a very very very hard job in choosing the hotel, some corkers to choose from, so pick your region first, then go in for the kill........lol.
Have a look at my suggestions, and I have plenty more, believe me.................

Take care. :hols
TB . Brilliant post there as usual but did you not notice in the title Michelle wanted A/I :rofl :rofl
Glad to see you are paying attention Lyn :D :tup

Bluepeterno1
oh it's very rare for me Peter :rofl

I know Trifles A/I list is going to equally as good :tup
so sorry all, got confused with the bit about no decent ones in an area of Turkey, so oooooooooooooooooops silly me, give me time for me fingers to pick up strength.then here we go again.

Too much sniffing the brandy butter ................lol :whoops
Well I was thinking you may have needed a good lay down after compiling that extensive list trifle :)
Hiya Michelle,
Hope this is better for you, my last posting may come in useful for others, lets hope so, my fingers need therapy for all this typing and tapping.........

You say you want to go August, that is high season, and the prices shoot up, so AI will be quite difficult for your price range, if you can step outside your budget by a few quid, then I will give you some hotels that are above average and would suit you well.

Again, Antalya Region, Belek Lara Beach etc, Luxury AI and their prices are very high, so I will need to think about this area, but I am sure I can find a couple in my memory bank.

Bodrum Peninsula.

Torba.

Hotel Club Izer 4 stars Family Rooms. Good Facilities, right on beach, sun terrace and kids club.Cheapest for one week in May is £489pp and mid September £489pp Got a choice of a la cartes here too. Beautiful small hotel and very very well kept.

Club Voyage Torba, They do big family rooms here, absolutely fabulous, and we are going here in May,Just had a complete refurb, and has 6 a la cartes, excellent facilities, private beach, 24 hour bar good pool areas, waiter service, rooms are stunning. May and Mid to late September again cheapest prices, between £460 to 520 p.p. Need to see if you can get a discount for a large party from travel agents. There are some that give buy 10 get one free, so worth checking.

Kadikalesi

Yasmin Bodrum Resort. Has family rooms. On beach, well kept hotel. 3 a la carte restaurants, 24 hour bar, has mini bar in rooms and towels for beach and pools are provided. Beginning of May and later September cheaper prices, July and August over £700pp for a week.

Hotel Kadikale Resort. Beautiful hotel, right on beach, do excellent family rooms, pools and plenty of entertainment. Good choice of a la cartes here plus 24 hour bar. Kids play activities too. Thomsons and HD do this, and Thomsons have got a couple of good deals for this one. Excellent hotel.

Yelken Hotel and Spa.New hotel, very high spec, got really good reviews.Good sized rooms and lots on offer. Sunloungers and parasols, pool and beach towels provided, entertainment team and good kids facilities, should you want them. Smaller hotel, but superb. Quite well priced here too.

Ortakent

Hotel Medisun. Very traditional hotel, very near beach, good pool with sun terrace and excellent food. Good kids activities and some entertainment. Not sure about the room size though. Very reasonably priced hotel, and in a beautiful location.

Lighthouse Hotel..Very traditional hotel, good facilities, right near Camel beach, (quite shingly) 3 pools with waterslides, 2 a la cartes here plus waiter service. This hotel has a scuba diving school too.

Turgutreis

La Blanche. Fabulous hotel, very high standards, excellent food and good quality family rooms, right on beach, has a wonderful roof terrace and a good kids area. Entertainment not that brilliant, but well worth a look, and they try so hard to pleas. A la cartes good, and food is on offer all day.

Aegean Dreams. A good choice of rooms here too, 3 a la cartes, 3 pools, and good to excellent activities. Boat trips from Albatross cruises, (Jack) will offer you a good day out, and fun will be had by all.
Very near La Blanche, and a 10/15 minute walk into town. Pedestrianised area too, so minimal traffic. Approx the same for these 2 hotels costing wise, and again, May and September the cheaper options.

Gumbet.

The livlier of the towns and excellent beach areas.

WOW, brilliant hotel, but the prices are going up and up, Good family rooms, so much to see and do it is amazing. Good food, a la cartes excellent, and the staff are 100% amazing. Some of the best live bands we have ever seen at any hotel. A1, but need to check prices.

Joy Club Bodrum. Beautiful views across the bay from this hotel, very good location, good family rooms, good pool with sun terrace and sun loungers, offers a fun Turkish night here, and plenty going on for all ages. Some deals with this one at the moment. See Thomas Cook or Hotels4U, check the offers.

I will go and have a brew and be back later.................. :sun2
I have to say Trifle you are a very welcome addition to HT . You have an extensive knowledge and recommendation bank for all areas of Turkey and all your posts make excellent reading for us all I'm sure . The time and effort you clearly put into your posts are very much appreciated . I will certainly be checking out some of your suggestions . :)

lyn
Ah lyn, That's a lovely thing to say, and I just love helping anyone, Love Turkey, and I do have my favourite places, but, I will never try and push my faves forward, I think sometimes what one person likes doesn't always suit another, but all we can do is try, eh?

I have not been on here long, I tried a couple of other forums, but found one of them in particular very intimidating, and so not been back.

We do go over to Turkey 2 sometimes 3 times in a year, but travel all over, and so I have a little knowledge, but there is loads to learn, and so coming on here gives everyone some new tips and experiences to try.

So, thanks again, and speak soon. :thanks
I also needed a budget a/i hotel in the school hols, and booked the Majesty Club Tuana hotel in Fethiye. The reviews look pretty good but i think that there's not a lot in the immediate area. They do family rooms also. We have stayed in the Lara beach area for the last couple of years but the prices were very expensive for next year. I booked flights and hotel separately, as it was a lot cheaper than booking with a tour operator. It cost roughly £2200 for a family of 4 for 12 nights, which i think is pretty good for the school hols. Good luck in your search.
Hiya Stella

Fethiye is so beautiful, the harbour area is fantastic, lovely little cafes and bars, a brilliant Dolmus service to take you through to Olu Deniz for the day and down to the Lagoon, and there are plenty of boat trips to be taken too.

The area is so special, and you will be amazed at where you can walk to........Lara Beach area, brilliant hotels, but, nowhere to go, and I agree the prices for 2010 are unreal.

So enjoy, and happy holidays.....whoo hoo.
:sun2
Thanks everyone for your help especially Triflebum who has given me loads of info to start looking at.

Fingers crossed I will be booking somewhere soon

Michelle
Michelle

You are very welcome, and that list is the shortened version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots more hotels up my sleeve, and if you need any future help, hints or tips, then give me a shout, only too willing to help.

Let me know how you get on with the ones I have mentioned, and don't forget to ask for price matches, get what prices you can, then take them into Travel agents and ask away, I always do, and they want your custom, so, you can usually strike some kind of deal.

Til next time, take care

TB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.