Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Squeenie,

Here is a link to the Cornelia Diamond Resort Official Website.............if you click on food and beverages it will list all the A La Cartes and tell you which ones allow children, which ones are open only in the summer months and which ones there are an extra service charge to eat at.......hope this helps.

http://www.corneliaresort.com/diamonden/index.html

Angie.
I think i must be going mad - that link only takes you to the main restuarnt and the dome bar!

no mention of kids at all!

forget that - its now letting me scroll down - it wasnt at first !
Hope you getting the info alright now.

Angie.
yeah thanks - i can honestl say that there was no option to scroll down wheni posted my original question!

seems you can only eat in 3 of the 8 alacart resturst with children - how rediculos is that - its not like kids are free!

my child is well behaved and i always make sure he is kept occupied - at the de-luxe resort they let us take him into resturants on non childrens nights towareds the end as he was no problem and often slept !

funny how none of the brochures make this clear - would have been most peeved off to get there and find that i couldnt eat in half the resturants!

seems that the Delux has also now changed their rules again - you have to pay to visit a restuarnt a second time within a week !
I think payment has arisen at the A La Cartes is because the A La Cartes at the De Luxe are getting so popular they are having to stipulate once per week each A La Carte and if you want more than you have to pay.

We were very lucky when we visited in 2008 we could book in at the A La Cartes every evening...............which was a godsend for us as my hubby didnt like the buffet restaurant food one little bit, and to get a seat in the buffet was terrible there was always a queue for tables...........hubby said the next time we go we are trying the Diamond.........it will be nice to compare the two.

Angie.
Just returned from a week at the Cornelia Diamond resort in Belek and it was first class.
The staff are excellent and give you the best treatment, smiling and willing to serve you at all times. There was waiter service in all bars including pool bar.
The main restaurant was so good that we never actually went to any of the al a carte restaurants,

The entertainment was also excellent, mostly dancing and acrobat shows in the ampitheatre (but all breathtaking) and afterwards live bands by the pool, which we really enjoyed, both dancing and just listening to! During the day there was a childrens club with a whole area of activities and amusements to keep them occupied. A wide range of sports and games etc like aerobics, vollyball, boule, water aerobics. football, archery, water sports.

I enjoyed using the spa, there was a serious of rooms to try from Turkish bath, cold plunge pools, steam room, Russian Steam Room, Sauna, Relaxation room (lots of jauzzis in fake trees) and the one that amused me most the tropical shower, which was a fine mist shower along with dark blue downlights, it just made me laugh. All this is available for free use. If you want any treatments they are quite expensive.from €50 to €550 !

If I am at all picky I did'nt like the design of the hotel compared to the Deluxe.
There was a lot of concrete (although it does glow lovely different colours at night) and very few trees. We didn't explore very much as you were unsure which way to go and tended to just walk up and down the middle part that we knew. You quite often came to a dead end. The inside foyer was quite stunning but rather dark.

Other useful facts

There is a cash point just outside the security gate.
You can get buses outside the gate to Side and Antayla that will only cost €8
Staff expect tips, better to tip a little every day I think.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
I can see why they have done it , but they need to make it clearer - alot clearer - we were not told about the "7 day rule" until late in the day and therefore missed out on 2 days worth of booking resturants and due to it being the end of the summer season the tai pen and the turkish were closed a couple of nights (bad storm!)

Then what we discovered was that it was limited to the room that booked the table, so if you had a party in 3 rooms you could take it in turns to book a resturant, meaning that you could, if you all ate together, get into a resturant 3 times in a week !

we got talking to a couple of who had walked down from the Dimond (hence our reasoning for fancy a visit there) they spoke very highly of it and had a good look round the de-luxe and they recond the dimond was bigger, better, nicer and newer !

seems its going to be out of our price range now as they do not have any inconnecting room and are charging over £5k for a family of 4 (our friends) becuase they will have to have a family room that they charge a fortine for !

we never had to que to get a table in the buffet but did end up sitting in the smoking bit a few times - but then i liked sitting outside! I found the buffet food OK, not fantastic, but definately edible (but then im soo not fussy!) lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.