Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,
As you know we stayed at the Cornelia last September, not sure what they mean by Luxury drinks as cocktails , and imported brands were part of all inclusive, perhaps they mean 10 year old malts or something?

Hope you enjoy your stay...........

Emma
:D Thanks Emmasholiday you have come up with the probabale answer yet again ,i do not know why i did not think of it myself :shock: it will not bother me any way, i'm a lager / vodka drinker that doe's it for me ,all though last year at Fethiye one night i was drinkig a cocktail called the Crazy Frog made with a lot of vodka/tropical fruit juce/and blue curaco i had about 5 of these they went down real easy but next morning wow! i surfaced about ten am did not want to eat went down to the pool dived in swam a couple of length's got out went back to bed to sleep it off rose about one thirty pm,,i drank them in moderation after that ,still i was on holiday only happened the one night :roll: no harm done only the :evil: evil eye's from the wife .

HEY BRIAR

how about starting a new topic

Drink's to try or avoid and any storie's good or bad
linked with them while on holiday in Turkey
Hi Off to Belek to the Cornelia any tips?? cant seem to find anything about Belek :lol:
hi is it in the town of belek ,or on the beach resort of belek . if you go to the hotel feviews you will find some reports on the hotels in this area.
Hi I am off on 18th June for two week so might see you there terry found alot of reviews on another site sorry :oops: dont know if I am allowed to say which one???? :lol: but wanted to know more about surrounding area
I have been to all-inclusives in Mexico and Dominican Republic, I was wondering if any of you can compare them to the one above in Turkey. I have read the great reviews but just want to find out a little more.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Dave
Hi'

We stayed at the Cornelia in September, and have also been all inclusive in cancun, staying at the crown paradise, and Jamaica.

We found the hotel lovely and had no complaints. You have a main buffett restaurant with large choice of food, and show cooking. There are also Fish, Chinese and International a la carte restaurants which were all very good. They also included imported drinks in the all inclusive and cocktails.
We are a family in our 30's, hope this helps

We found the Cornelia compared well with caribean/mexico all inclusives, and could not find fault at all. :D

Emma
Thanks for that Emma it really does sound good.

What age group do you think it suits as we are in our early 20's. We want to relax but still have things to do now and again. How about evenings whats the entertainment like?
Hi,

In the evenings the main show started at 9.30 for 1 hour, we saw Grease,
Mammia Mia , Beauty and the beast, along with some circus type shows, they were all ok for hotel based entertainment. At the pool bar there was always a band, then the nightclub opened at 11pm, they had foam parties, black and white night etc. But when my Husband went one night there were only about 6 people there!
You cannot walk to Belek, but there was a tractor train to take you to the village, couple of bars but no clubs and we only went in the day as we have a 2 year old!
The hotel is mainly Russian/Germans, not many brits.
During the day there were plenty of watersports, water polo, aquasize etc going on.
When we went it was mainly familys and couple's so as long as you don't want lively night life , you should be ok.

Emma
Hope this helps.
Thats great advice Emma, thanks for your prompt reply!

Are the drinks in the nightclub part of the all-inclusive package??
Yes, they are. The only things you had to pay for were motorised water sports and treatments at the spa.

enjoy your holiday!

Emma
Hi, just wandered if anyone has got any first hand knowledge of this hotel? We are considering booking it for next summer and have done a lot of research so know the pros and cons etc, but the basic rooms on offer have "garden view" and we are trying to find out whereabout they are situated in the hotel. From a german site it looks possible they are separate from the main building and whilst there are excellent reviews about the hotel in general there were some negative comments about the "garden rooms".
Any info/comments would be much appreciated :D
Hi, we have booked this hotel for summer and would really love to see any more photos that previous visitors might have taken. In particular any of the "garden rooms", and the area of the hotel they are situated in, as there don't seem to be any on the internet (a bit worrying!). Also what is the situation re tipping? We've not stayed AI before where there is waiter service so just wandered how it works. Any other thoughts or advice greatly appreciated, many thanks :)
We are going to the Cornelia Hotel in Belek next week. Does anyone know if men have to wear long trousers in the al la carte restaurants? Someone has told us that you do.

My husband NEVER normally takes long trousers, he's a strictly shorts and flip flops kind of guy, even in this country in the summer! (when we get any)
Not stayed at the cornelia ,but have stayed at a few others ,and visited others in belek .I would be surprised if there was not a dress code as all the ones i have been in there have a notice at the door telling you not to wear shorts /beachwear especially at night ,having said that i have seen quite a few people disregarding the notice and some getting asked to leave but others not.
Bluepeterno1
Been to 3 different AIs in Turkey and they all make it clear that it is no beachwear for eveing meals. Most people respect that - though I have not seen anyone refused service if not correctly attired.

Long shorts/three-quarter shorts would be acceptable
i am looking to book this hotel did i read somewhere that chmpagne or a they have a vip bar .

would it be worth booking a villa ( 300.00) extra

any information about hotel gratefully received
We stayed here in May this year and it was excellent. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to one of the Junior villa suites and it was fabulous. These villa are away from the main pool and hotel and surround their own plunge pools, the decking outside some of the apartments step right down to the edge of the pool. You can eat at the restaurant here or join the main hotel for breakfast and lunch. In the evening this restaurant is by reservation. The rooms have their own sunken jaquzzi, and luxury bathroom. We thought it was definately the best place to stay. If you have kids it may be better to stay in the main hotel which is near the main pools, slides and entertainment. W loved it, food and drinks were excellent. everything included and beautifully presented.
ok so everyone on here seems to ragte the Cornelia which is great news, but what is the weather like in Ocotber, the choice for us is to either spend the same money and go to Teneriffe Self catering or the Cornelia All In - weather is probably better in teneriffe but the cornelia looks so lovely!!

my other question is about highchairs and cots, we will have a 15 month old with us and therefore will need both, do they provide them or am i best taking a cot and risking no High Chair - i dont really want to pay for hte baby package that first choice as i dont need half the things (no steriliser etc)

also is there anything near to this hotel, i.e a few bars or shops within walking distance, im just thinking of evening walks and possibly Nappy Supplies!

fankoo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.