Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I was just wondering if anyone is going to the Cornelia deluxe for easter?? We are going on the 5th april for 2 weeks!
We are a party of 3 with a teenager.
Would be nice to know that other brits will be there!
Hi Violet

Just registered to join forum. Am looking at the Cornelia Deluxe for a 2 week break during August and would really appreciate it if you could place a review after your Easter break.
From what i can see it sounds really impressive. Am also looking at the Cornelia Diamond , we are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 17 12

Hope you have an enjoyable
We have some reviews from last year here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/antalya-region/belek/cornelia-diamond-golf-resort-and-spa-hotel/

If anyone has stayed here please add your review via the above link inorder to assist your fellow holidaymakers :tup
Hi smithy yes i will do a review on my return! We have a 16 year old son so i will be able to tell you what he thinks of it!
We are going to the Cornelia Deluxe in the middle of May for a week, it will be our 25th wedding anniversary while we are there. This is our first visit to Turkey and we will be using it as a guide as to whether it will be our main holiday destination in the summer of next year. We don't plan to do much exploration this time as we are really looking forward to a week of sunshine, relaxation and good food. I would love to hear from those who have been to this hotel or a hotel close by. If you have any hints or tips to give me I would love to hear them. :wave: Cheers all
Hi twiglet, :wave:

We stayed at the Cornelia last May 6th for two weeks, you will love the resort we did. We stayed in the Junior Suites with your own swimming pools at the bottom of the outside staircase leading down from your own patio.
The A La Cartes are lovely the food in everyone of them brilliant. You have to book the night before, reservations are done by automated telephone. Little Tip. Press the A La Carte button on the phone then press 2 for the English version and then book which restaurant you require by following the prompts. Bookings are taken from 6.00pm but I advise you to start dialling at 5.55pm as they get booked up really quickly.

When we went we found the sea and pools freezing as the sun has'nt got enough heat to heat up the pools, and in the evenings to sit outside to eat(chinese and turkish a la carte outside)/watch shows you definately need a cardie/light jacket.

Any particular questions fire away, I will do my best to answer them.

Angie. :tup
Thanks for your quick reply and the info you gave. Sadly, I am a true Brit abroad and can't function without my first and second cups of tea in the morning, sad, I know :tongue ! Do they have tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms? Do they supply pool/beach towels? Where did you find the best place to eat at lunch? How much is the room safe if they have them? Would you suggest taking Turkish lira and Euros? Any other info will be gratefully received :cheers
twiglet, :wave:

Sorry no tea or coffee making facilities but they do have Room Service 24 hours a day free of charge so you can get it delivered to your room it wont take long the longest we waited for any food was 20 mins.You have a menu in your room which is quite extensive. :)

Pool/ beach towels are supplied, when you arrive you get a towel card each which you go to the towel hut by the main swimming pool and exchange for your towels.

We always ate lunch by the main pool side open air restaurant, could'nt be bothered to go back into the hotel buffet restaurant. :rofl

Room safes are free.

No dont take Euros even though everything is priced in Euro, you get a better deal when shopping with the Lira. We only took Lira and Sterling.

Oh by the way there is no limits on how many times you eat at the A La Cartes, we ate in them for the entire stay of 14 days except for the first day of stay because we arrived at 5 in the morning Turkish time so had missed the booking for the next night obviously. And one other time when hubby and son played golf and got back too late to book.
The two nights we had our dinner in the main restaurant, did'nt think much of the food and was very busy just like a train station at peak times. We like to have a lesuirely meal, that is why we opted to eat A La Carte every evening and plus the food was brilliant.

Here is a link to the Cornelia website.
http://www.corneliaresort.com/deluxe/index.html

Dont hesitate to get in touch if you think of anything else.

Angie. :tup
We have booked to go there for our honeymoon next year and have paid for a junior swim up suite, has anyone been here and was it worth paying an extra £400 for the swim up suite?
It looks stunning.
Thanks

Joy
Definately worth while, the rooms we had, had a sunken Jakuuzi and fabulous bathroom. It was very luxurious. We had a small decked balcony with steps leading down to the plunge pool that wove its way around the gardens and decking. It was very peaceful there, a little way a way from the main pool and hotel building. You had one of the al a carte restaurants there too, so you didn't need to go over to the big hotel for breakfast. Room service is always available though. Perfect for honeymooners. I will try and post some pictures of these rooms
Hi Joy,

We were there May of last year and had a Junior swim up Suite, they are brilliant here is a site that you can look around resort.

http://turkey.visualhotels.com/?City=Belek

Click on Cornelia De Luxe Resort then onto accommodation and you can have a virtual tour of one of the suites.We were on the top section too with steps down to the plunge pool, you can go to the restaurant by the villas for breakfast, which is only available to guests of the villa suites.

You wil love this resort and have a great honeymoon there.

Angie.
Thank you both for the great links and thanks to you Madjap for the fab photos. I was admiring the baby boy Leyland, it's uncanny that my youngest grandsons name is Lealand, lol, probably the same pronunciation,just different spelling.
Thanks again

JOY
Thanks Joy, Yes we are very proud of our new grandson Leland. Baby sitting duty this weekend!

Enjoy The Cornelia when you go next year!

I'd love to go again.
Can anyone tell me if there are any shops or bars near this hotel, we like to have a walk after dinner so would this hotel be ok ?

The hotel looks great but I suppose what I really need to know is if it is in a very remote location?

Thanks
The nearest bars/ shops are in Belek which I think is about 35 mins walk or a 10 minute taxi ride. There were a couple of bars that looked like they could be interesting at night but the shops are mostly expensive designer shops. The Belek market was quite good though,

Its not that its remote but the entire stretch of beach is made up of 5* hotel complexs and nothing else, they all have a section of beach. This was something we missed after holidaying in Olu Deniz and Marmaris. Antalya harbour looked like it would be good to visit at night but this is a 30 minute taxi ride away.

Another idea for the evening is a trip to Aspendos where they have a turkish/riverdance show with fire. Didn't go to that but it must be awesome.

View Aspendos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/madjap/2476232387/in/set-72157605212074153/
Go to this site for good info on Belek and download Belek digital catalogue left hand side of page.

http://www.betuyab.org/eng/index.php?lang=eng

Angie.
Hi!

Hope you don't mind Joy but inspired by your post was wondering if anyone could let me know what the annex is like in this hotel? the lakeside villas do look great but a little expensive for us, TC wanted £1490 per person for next june!The annex is a good bit cheaper any assistance would be great!

Alistair
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.