Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi has anyone heard of this airline or used them before? Got a reasonable price for a flight but with so many going under dont know whether to take the gamble. :que

Thanks

Bev

I've moved your post from the Turkey Forum and merged it with the existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
we flew with Saga to bodrum, no in flight meal, they didnt harass you to much through the flight to buy drinks snacks duty free etc. They weren't to fussed on doing the inflight safety demo, and there english want fantastic so you could have been plummeting to the ground and you wouldnt know until you looked out the window.
Plane itself was comfy, clean and good legroom.
Cheap and cheerful, there was alot of saga planes on the stands at bodrum airport so i think its ryanair/easyjet of turkey.
Just found some very reasonable priced flights from glasgow with this airline, Im assuming they are just your normal Charter airline?? What is there luggage allowance? website states hold luggage is included but not how much, thanks :)
greenshoes,

They are a no frills charter airline. Luggage allowance depends on who's chartered them but it's normally 15kg + 5kg hand luggage.

Darren
PPRuNE

What's this? Some healthy go-juice being tested in aircraft? :yikes
Alsacienne wrote:
What's this? Some healthy go-juice being tested in aircraft?

:rofl close! It's the aviation equivelant of HT for professional pilots and those in the industry; Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

Darren
Hello Darren et al,

We booked our flights early via Travel Republic, and have just found out that the flights which we thought would be with FreeBird Airlines have now been transferred to Saga Airlines.

MAN-DLM 10:35 12/06/10 - SGX622
DLM-MAN 07:00 26/06/10 - SGX621

Is it too early to advise what planes will be used on this route? I understand that they are a Turkish LCC, hence no IFE, or meals on-board.

Thanks in advance for any info you are able to supply.
Does anyone know if the Turkish airline SAGA is IATA accredited?

Many thanks :D
luddendenturk,

Saga should be using a Boeing 737-800 again this summer.

Darren
samjanemoore,

Welcome onboard :tup
SAGA arent listed on IATA's membership register so I would assume not.

Darren
This company should be avoided, although the aircraft was fine the Customer Service just experience was an absolute nightmare!!! Flew back from Dalaman (Turkey) on Monday, Volcanic Ash had delayed the flight which I have no issue with BUT, check in was at 5.30am, by this time the airline would have known that all flights in to LGW had been cancelled yet they still alllowed check in, bearing in mind once passed security there is no going back, we were then directed to the gate for the 7.30am take off but as all flights cancelled this was pointless, after the first 2 hrs delay with NO information given by the airline everyone was getting a little cheesed off, 4 hrs later still no info and no rep from SAGA Airlines to been seen even after several demands to see a manager, Airlines are supposed to start supplying food at this point but NOPE not SAGA, just kept us waiting with no information. People resorted to connecting to the internet and phoning home as this was our only source of information (at a huge expence!!) Food and water at Dalaman airport costs a small fortune (£11 for Macdonalds meal and close to £3 for a 500ml bottle of water) anyway, after 7 hrs delay will still no food or water being given out by the airline, boarding finnaly started, although we only knew this by looking at the boards as SAGA airlines were still not providing any information!!!!! When on board we were then expected to pay for food and water (Did Ryan Air not recently get fined a HUGE amount for something simular) for onboard SAGA Airlines is again outrageous, £7.50 for a sandwich and can of coke, £2.50 just for a coke???? After this experience needless to say I will NOT be flying SAGA Airlines again!! Rant over
I have just returned 3 weeks ago from Turkey on a saga :) flight and it was perfectly fine, just like any other flight. No delay flying out, houe delay leaving dalaman but you can get that with any airline.

Anyone worrying about flying with this turkish airline, take my advice no need. I was worried at first but nothing to worry about. just one thing i will warn you about, the refreshments on board are " very pricey" . Enjoy the flight.
Just really a quick post to reiterate what people have probably already said....

With Goldtrail Holidays now gone under, I am weary about booking flights with companies I've never heard of.

Doing a search on Travel Republic, SAGA airlines are the cheapest to fly BHX to DLM in August. Before I part with my hard earned cash, am I wise doing this? Are they reputable enough? Reading posts about TR, they seem to be quite popular on here, so I'm not too concerned about that just that booking flights with an airline I've never heard of kind of gives me doubts.

Can anyone share any info and give me a bit of peace of mind :)

Thanks, Danielle
d-hanc11,

Saga are an established charter airline and have been around since 2004. While no airline is safe from the economic downturn, they are holding their own at the moment so are as safe as any other charter airline. As long as you book through a reputable company that are ATOL protected, and use a credit card for added protection, you have cover if anything goes wrong.

Darren
hi out there,can anyone tell me if saga airlines will carry a small mobility scooter on their planes .we are going from lgw to dalaman in oct,any advice would be welcome
SWANSCOMBE,

You'll have to speak to your tour operator or the airline about that one. Depending on the size and weight, it'll probably have to go via cargo and will probably be cheaper and easier to hire one when you get there.

Darren
Hi

Am a new member so apologies if my question seems ignorant!!

We are flying with SAGA to Dalaman in August, and have been advised that the luggage allowance is 15kg per person. There are 2 adults and 3 children.

Can anyone confirm whether this means we have to take 5 bags, each not weighing more than 15kg, or can we just take one suitcase weighing no more than 75kg?

The kids would prefer me to do all the carrying!!

Thanks
that would depend on both the airline and airport policy.. normally hold baggage cannot exceed the manual handling regulations of 30 kg but many enforce a lower limit of between 20 and 25 kg their web site doesn't show their policy so i would play safe and go for 5x15 kg

wiz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.