Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Turkuaz Airlines
80 Posts
salford_steve,

I've no experience of Turkuaz Airlines and I hadn't heard they'd even planned to operate via MAN! They operate an Airbus A320-200 (TC-TCD, acquired 01/04/09) but plan to add a couple of A321's to their fleet in the near future. They just have your usual A320 interior, nothing special.

Darren
It was booked through goldtrail and the flight number is TRK452. I had never heard of them untill I searched for the airline code and found out it belonged to them.

Steve
Hi, I'm in the same boat Steve. We booked with Goldtrail through Broadway Travel a couple of weeks ago to fly on Sunday 28th June. I was a big miffed that our outward flight is with a Turkish company called Onur Air and our return is with Turkuaz and they didn't inform me of this at booking time. Don't know much about either of them and am looking for information myself.
Helen.
Onur air are fine, I know alot of people who have flewn with them and they Goldtrails main airlines. The flights with Onur air are very good, and I am going to look into flying with them for next year as Thomas cook were rubbish this year, delayed 2 hours both ways.
Still don't know much about Turkuaz airlines though, but don't worry about Onur Air though they are fine.

Steve
Helen_yel,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find lots of information about Onur Air on the dedicated topic. I would expect Turkuaz Airlines to be pretty similar.

Darren
Thank you! At least that's something, that's brill info cheers. I just think it's slightly odd that Turkuaz only have one plane?? Or is it three?
Hi, recieved my tickets last week (going to Olu nxt Sun) and didnt recognise the flight code - so looked it up and found it was Turkuaz airlines - who I have Never heard of! needless to say I am very apprehensive about the flight, as I'm not really a lover of flying, and as has been pointed out they supposedly only have one airline, which makes me think is it being overused! :think . Anyway I have done a bit of research and it seems they have 4 aircraft - average age of 12.5 - one of them is only 1.5 yrs old - I'm hoping that will be the one fliying me!!! Ive flew with Onur air many times and felt the service was fantastic, and flights went smoothly - hopefully I'll live to say the same about Turkuaz :rofl I will defo post back on here when I return and report back on how they were - theres nothing worse than not knowing! lol. Having said all that, I really don't think the companies which are using the airline would risk all, if the planes did'nt meet standards etc - anyway, fingers crossed, lol
The newest Airbus you refer to is ex Indian I believe the others ex Air Jamaica if I remember correctly.

Nivsy
Turkuaz Airlines fleet is as follows (the way I understand things at present);

Airbus A321-200: TC-TCE (A321-211), former 6Y-JMD of Air Jamaica. TC-???, A321-211, former 6Y-JME, sourced from Air Jamaica (leased from ILFC) on order.
Airbus A320-200: TC-TCD leased from Crescent Leasing and TC-TCC leased to KTHY Kibris Turk Hava Yollari.

They therefore have two active aircraft (1x A320 / 1x A321), one aircraft leased out (A320) and one on order (A321).

Darren
Hi,

First post so please be gentle!! This is the first time I've booked a family holiday independantly (seperate flights, accom, transfers etc), and I'm now getting rather nervous.

I've just booked 4 tickets to Dalaman from Gatwick with Turkuaz for next Sat eve (4 Jul), Flt No TRK 464. However, I cannot seem to find any info on the Flt. The Gatwick website draws a complete blank on Flt No and airline, and I can't even find what terminal it operates from. It didn't feature on the live departures board last night.

I booked through Travel Republic, so I called them, but the reply of "Um, not sure, but it may be the North Terminal" has not filled me with confidence at all, especialy as when I tried Goldtrail I was told "All flights to turkey go from the South Terminal", something I know is not true.

Does anyone have any idea how I can find out something about this flight?! At present I'm not filled with confidence and have this awful dream of arriving at Gatwick and finding the flight never existed!!
Timmy T,

Welcome onboard :tup
As it's an ad-hoc charter (seasonal), they commonly aren't put on airport websites. They are also a new airline so they might not have updated the website to include them as yet. I believe they are operating from the south terminal.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

Would it be worth ringing the Gatwick Info desk?

I also noted that Onur fly from the N terminal, would they co locate with them?

Thanks again, TT
Timmy T,

You could try phoning the airport for confirmation since you're getting nowhere with who you've booked with. You'd expect they'd have basic information like which terminal! Turkuaz is an independant charter airline so where others fly from won't have a bearing on them, it's where the airport have space and what they allocate them. The information I have is it's the south terminal.

Darren
Hiya,

Me and my friend are booked on that flight and I have been similarly worried!

I've been told by my company (LowCostHolidays/Goldtrail) that this flight definitely departs from the South Terminal. When I called Gatwick, they weren't too clued up so don't know if that will help.

Fairly confident now that the flight exists but emailed Turkuaz and, in broken English, they told me they definitely flew out of Gatwick but that there was something going on re: 'handling negotiations' which may explain them not being up on the Gatwick site?

Don't really know for sure though!
Hi all

Does anybody know what the luggage allowance is for TURKUAZ AIRLINES? I booked my hol with low cost holiday do you think they will have this information? I also wanted to know if we got a meal on the plane. The TURKUAZ AIRLINES website isnt very good and as no information what so ever.
Maggie*,

Luggage allowances will be printed on your tickets and depends what the tour operator have stipulated. Most low cost carriers these would allow 15kg checked-in luggage and 5kg hand luggage, but this should be stated on your tickets when you get them.

Darren
Hi,

I've booked via Travel Republic and just had my e-tickets stating a baggage allowance of 20 kg.

Hope that helps,

TT
Timmy T,

Does it state 20kg total baggage allowance (ie 15kg hold + 5kg hand) or 20kg hold / checked-in allowance?

Darren
All it says is "Baggage: 20 kg"

Now, I've assumed that refers to hold/checked baggage. That's because on the Travel Republic website, on flights that offered no or reduced baggage (15 kg), hold baggage or an increase to 20 kgs was offered as an optional extra. This was not the case in this instance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.