Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks to everyone who's posted.

We were going to take our own food and drink anyway, so the cost of the refreshments from the trolley aren't an issue for me. We've had delayed flights before with Monarch, First Choice, Thompson etc. in the past so although not pleasant, Turkuaz certainly aren't on their own there.

Still might have to resort to the straight-jacket but will let you know how it goes (hopefully) - now just got to find myself a good hypnotherapy whale-call tape!

Cheers,

Nicky
Just returned from a fantastic holiday. Travelled with Turkuaz Airlines and had no problems at all. Gret value for the price would travel with the, again.
I've just been on Turkauz airlines from Newcastle Airport to Dalaman, Turkey. The airline is extremely comfortable and the staff were very friendly. The journey was great and I would go on Turkauz again.
My mate has just come using TURQUAZ Airlines. Said it was No Frills and basic but had no problems and no delays.

Beer of the trolley dollies was enough to keep him going......
hi all, well i got to turkey and back in one peice!! Actually the flight was fine, staff were friendly and altho a little cramped had no complaints. Would prob fly with them again for the price. Would like to let everyone know tho that i stayed in the villa sol in marmaris, it was my first time there (normally stay in icmeler which is lovely) and the hotel was an absolute joke! The pool area smelt so strongly of petrol it made u feel sick, the all inclusive every day consisted on watered down beer a tray of cold chips a tray of casserole (not nice and cold) and warm salad which was left out for hours. Most of the staff spoke very little english (which is not like turkey) and the rooms were tiny.

Still i didn't let it get me down just ate and drank out, and used the room as a base camp.... so moral to my story if u go marmaris go sc!!!
Hi shel ... for info and discussion about Turkey rather than Turkuaz Airlines, you may like to check out our TURKEY forum and feel free to post comments there about the resort, hotel, etc. (preferably without phone text style abbreviations) :wink
David :wave
we are due to fly from gatwick to dalaman on aug 19.
as with a lot of others I'm feeling a little uneasy about the whole thing.(actually a lot)
we were originally booked with onur but now are on turkquaz which i also never heard of.
No mention on gatwick website that they exist. Apparently they share onur's checkin desk at the south terminal.

The wife hates flying so I havent told her who we are going with yet.(oops)

I'll let you know how it goes!
andycar,

Welcome onboard :tup
I wouldn't worry at all. They've been operating a pretty tight ship so far and have been pretty reliable, out of Manchester at least.

Darren
My friend text me this afternoon, she was on the 9am flight from MAN - DLM. They took off 40 minutes early, and also had a good tail wind and arrived in DLM an hour earlier than expected. The transfer company had checked and knew they would be early and were there waiting for them. She said she was dubious about flying with them as had never heard of them, but said it was good, with comfortable seats and very pleasant cabin crew. Providing her flight back home is fine which she is sure will be, she will definately fly with them again, and would favour them over any of the larger airlines.

Steve
Hi All,

Just returned after two weeks in Turkey.

Flew out on 1st Aug - Flight was delayed for 3hours at check in, this soon turned into four hours after :cry we'd gone through passport control. No explanation was given but by logging on to Dalaman Airport Website found out that plane hadn't left Turkey when we checked in so a 4 hour delay was inevitable - did receive a £6 refreshment voucher.
The flight itself was fine, leg room was comparable to both Freebird and Onur air. Plane seemed fairly well maintained. We had prepared for lack of food on plane and took our own so no problems there! Many people seemed upset about the lack of food etc. Outbound took 3hr 40mins and landing was very smooth.
Return flight 15th Aug Delayed by 1hour - due to technical issues (not sure what! :que ) Managed to get the extra leg room seats which were stunning :) over 7feet of leg room - amazing!!!!!! :rofl Flight was fine landing a bit rougher than the outbound due to wind but no major problems.

So to sum up -Yes the flight was basic - but very similar to many other charter flights I've been on. Planes seemed well maintained. Perhaps they do need to think about punctuality - but technical issues do happen I'd rather get their in one piece than end up in many pieces!!!! :whoops
One other point - On the return many other flights - Thomas Cook etc. were delayed by over 2.5 hours so 1 hour wasn't bad at all.

Would use again!!

Chris.
Arrived home on 21st in one piece! Actually, now I've calmed down about flying in general (no straightjacket required this time) I have to say that the Turkuaz experience was a very pleasant one.

The plane was an Airbus A321 and was absolutly spotless inside and out. I know it's daft and makes no difference to how the plane actually flies, but it reasures me to see that the carpets and seats are clean, the toilets are well maintained, the seals on the windows are all pristine etc etc

Another thing - I'm a big girl, but had no problems with the seat width, seatbelt length or leg room. Can't say this has always been the case with other airlines. (we asked for extra leg room for my hubby on the outward flight and for both of us inbound, and we were pleased to get this both times - obviously the same rules about not letting kids in these seats still apply)

The cabin crew were very pleasant, English wasn't their first language, but there were no problems at all in communicating. All the safety talks were done in both Turkish and English (although I didn't really see the point in the Turkish, as from what I could see, all the passengers going out and coming back were British) Sometimes their English was a little difficult to understand, as was the Captain's, but if I could speak Turkish even half as well as they speak English.... need I say more!

Previous posters were right - the refeshments were very expensive, but we took note before we set off and went prepared with our own supplies.

Take off and landing was very smooth both ways, and that's saying a lot from me.... I think every little bump or airpocket means we're going to crash!

Going out we were ahead of time but coming back there was an hours delay and it was a killer at 6.15am when the last time you slept was 32 hours earlier - but thats the downside of cheaper flights I suppose.

So to sum up - if like me you're a VERY, VERY nervous flyer and you're worried about this airline because you've not heard of them before or because they haven't been around very long, or because their website looks a bit like something my kids could have thrown together........... don't give it a second thought, I would travel with them again without any hesitation. (Note to self - must remember to remind myself of this very positive experience next year when I'm getting the jitters again!!)

PS - there was an Onur plane (we were booked with these originally, but Goldtrail shifted us to Turkuaz) parked up almost next to ours at Manchester and it looked like a poor relation compaired to the Turkuaz plane.

Don't worry - just do it.

Cheers, Nicky
Hi

I have seen an offer to Turkey with this airline but cant seem to find anything about it at Gatwick! Which terminal did it fly from?

I would appreciate your reply as I bit nervous about booking as wonder if it is a dodgy airline!

Thanks

Andrea
steve.andrea,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find lots of information over the pages of this topic. Turkuaz operate out of the South Terminal at LGW.

Darren
we arrived back from dalaman last week with turkuaz.

Anybody using this airline thats worried about it, don't be. Thats my advice.

we took off bang on time and returned bang on time. The plane looked pretty new and yes it was an A321 for all you budding plane spotters. Unfortunatly, the pilots haven't quite the same RAF assured sound to them, in fact he sounded a bit panicky in places.(like landing!!)

Food prices on the plane and Dalaman airport are ridiculous.I think duty free means rip off in turkish.

overall they were great and I would use them again.
I booked a flight on Turkauz Airlines for this September through Goldtrail and was told at the time of booking we had to pay £20 each way in advance per passenger for 20kg luggage, or pay £5 per kg at the check in. The agent said this was for any hold luggage, not just for excess luggage. It didn't seem right to me that there was no luggage allowance included in the price of the ticket. Having checked the forum and learnt 20 kg allowance is standard, it seems we have been misled. Please, can anyone advise?
Getting a flight with TURKUAZ AIRLINES from gatwick 12th sept 09 but Gatwick have no info on there website that the airline even flys from there. Has anyone used them, do they fly from Gatwick north or south terminal and do they have there own check in desk??? Be grateful if anyone knew anything as no one else seems too,

tx nick
  • Edited by David 2009-09-09 19:15:43
    Merged with existing Turkuaz Q&As topic, which should provide you with some useful info.
Hi we are flying to Turkey on Sunday with turkuaz aurlines and ive never heard of them, just wondered if anybody knew what they were like?

Thanks
We have a topic on the airline HERE

I shall lock this one to avoid duplication.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.