Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi all ...am posting on LPL airport forum as I was told this happened at LPL airport about 3 weeks ago....my neice who flew ryanair to Ireland told me you cant take liquids over 50mls now through security.....she had all her 100ml stuff taken off her and was only allowed to keep what she had which were 50mls or less.....and her husband and children had there stuff that was between 50 and 100mls taken off them as well ......she said they had a big bin there and it was full of the stuff that they had confiscated off people....she said they were even debating about taking the jelly sweets she was taking for relatives children but let her keep them ......

So has there been a change....are there now new rules about liquids at LPL airport ....I am flying ryanair out of LPL next week....as only going for a 4 day break we are only taking hand luggage....and Ive bought shaving gel ,sun cream, deodorant, toothpaste ,hair spray ect which are 75 or 100mls ....just enough to see us through, and was just going to buy shower gel in boots after security.......but if can only take bottles ect 50mls and under its best I dont take them to have them thrown in the bin at security....I work hard for my pennies .

Wanted to take sandwitches or baggets to eat while waiting for flight.....can you still take them through security.....am worried now after what was said about the sweets....

Why havent they advertised the changes if there are any....its not fare when people bother to buy 100ml stuff and they change the rules but you dont get to know about it untill they take it off you at security........tweetie

ps....I looked on LPL airport site and ryanairs site and googled it ....but cant find any mention ....my neice is adamant it happened....
TWEETIE PIE,

There have been no changes to hand baggage security restrictions at airports. Liverpool is no different to any other UK airport as it operates under the same Home Office regulations. As long as liquids are <100ml and fit inside the prescribed clear plastic bag for security, you shouldn't have any problems. More details here. You are fine taking through sandwiches etc.

Darren
hi Darren ....thanks for rely....my neice insisted they had taken her 100ml stuff of her at LPG ....I thought it might have got stricter because of the recent stuff on the news....but thought I surely would have read or seen something about it as I have the 24hr news on a lot.....anyway I have not long phoned the airport listened to the recorded stuff.....which still says 100mls.....and to be 100% sure phoned back and spoke to someone .....they said its still the same 100mls.....told them what my neice had said......they didnt know anything about it........

Hope she wasnt winding me up knowing how I worry about stuff.....tweetie
Train Travel to Liverpool John Lennon

Travellers may not be aware that you can catch the train to Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Any train that stops at Liverpool South Parkway can join the dedicated 501 Shuttle bus that has a dedicated bus lane to the airport - travel time 5/10 mins.

I've just received an e-mail from the airport advising that TransPennine Express services into Liverpool will call at Liverpool South Parkway. This means that travellers from Newcastle;York; Durham; Leeds and Preston now have an alternative way to get to the airport.
For Preston read Manchester (Piccadilly or Oxford Rd but not trains via St Helens).

Direct trains from Preston run via St Helens not the Parkway. In that case you still use Lime St station and get the 500 Airport Express from the Skelhorne St exit of the mainline station (left side as the train arrives). If coming down via Ormskirk stay on the train to the Parkway if it's going through to Hunts Cross or use the Lime St link.

If coming from outside the Merseytravel area and using the Parkway link you can, theoretically, get a through ticket from any national rail station to the airport. But in practise this may result in odd looks at the ticket office! Doesn't save much money anyway, just fumbling for change when you've got a load of luggage. English senior bus passes are valid on the 500/501 except during the weekday morning peak.

From the south via Runcorn, London Midland do stop at the Parkway but Virgin don't.

500/501 timetables are at http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/service_timetables_view.asp?dir=tt_500
Hopefully I have just got my self free accomodatio at the hampton Hilton at john lennon airport

Part of my works benefit includes Holiday extras, and they have a price guarantee, if I find it cheaper any place else, I get the room for no cost...FREE current cost £53.

Thats what I have now done, APH have the same room at £50.15, £3 cheapernNow I have emailed Holidayextra, and waiting to see if I get my free room
Hey all

Flying out to Rhodes in June and have some great deals and a discount code from work for a company which looks at car parking at airports called Looking4Parking.

Has anyone heard of this site? Is it reliable?

Also, it is offering me 2 car parks for my holiday stay which look very reasonable indeed.... I have some questions over which is best for us though so I can choose which to go with if this site is reputable.

1. Liverpool APL Park & Ride - £26.99 (before discount) for 12 days, 1.5 miles from airport, CCTV coverage, 24 hour patrols, security fencing and regular courtesy coaches to airport and back.

2. Liverpool Airport Long Stay Super Saver - £34.99 (before discount) for 12 days, within walking distance of airport, Park Mark security award, booking cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.

3. Liverpool Imagine Park & Ride - £36.00 (before discount) for 12 days, 400 meters from airport, Park Mark security with dogs and perimeter fencing, 24/7 shuttle buses to terminal with 90 second travel time.

4. Liverpool Airport Long Stay - £37.99 (before discount) for 12 days, within walking distance of airport, Park Mark security award, number plate recognition.

Those are my 4 choices at the moment if I don't want to pay more than £50 which I don't particularly, I also want to know, when they say its within walking distance of the terminal, does that mean a big walk or just over the road? If it is the latter great, because I will have my wife, 3 year old, 2 suitcases and 3 lots of hand luggage... bit of a struggle at 4am! If its quite a walking distance, then perhaps we would be better at one of the shuttle car parks? Woud the shuttle drop us off outside the terminal?

Any help would be really appreciated so I can choose and book...

Thanks!
No idea about booking site.

The APL address I've seen is shown as Goodlass Rd. If that's what you've got then Google says it's just over 2 miles to the airport and at that time of day would take less than 10 minutes assuming bus was ready.

the airports own parking is very close to the building (which isn't big). In the walkable cases the nearest edge would be across a double width road but you may be parked deeper in. It's common there for people to drop off family and luggage and then take car into the walkable carparks - take keys out of ignition whilst unloading!! Shuttle buses also stop just a few yards from the door. In all cases your walk within the carpark could be longer than from the gate/bus to the terminal. Front door to checkin desks is also just a matter of feet. I once timed Arriva bus stop to Easyjet checkin as 11 seconds (without child).
Surflo

Liverpool long stay and supersaver are probably the same carparks

5-10min walk from/to the end of the terminal. Have to cross road that runs off the bottom roundabout. Level ground all the way
We travelled from Liverpool to Barcelona a couple of weeks back, and I can't praise the security staff at departures enough.
I was pretty shaky and wobbling all over on my sticks and not relishing the queue, but we were told to go through the fast track line rather than have me struggle which was a nice gesture, and they were very apologetic at having to take my walking sticks apart to examine them at the metal detector, even though I explained it didn't bother me, and that I was glad they were thorough.
Im due to fly from Stansted on Ryanair next month and im trying to figure out if my hand luggage suitcase will be ok for Ryanair. The measurments are correct, but the case will obviously expand when i put my luggage in.

Liverpool airport is very close to my house, and i flew with ryanair from liverpool a couple of years ago. Do they have one of those baggage check cages before you get past security so i can check the dimensions of my cases?

I might pop to liverpool one day just to check my cabin cases will fit.
yummymummy,

There are some baggage cages around check-in but as long as the bag is squashable so you can squeeze it in, and it's within the dimesnsions, you'll be fine.

Darren
Ahh, thanks Darren :tup

Yes my bag is squashable so will squeeze in, and the dimensions are correct.
They were definitely checking the size of bags at Liverpool for Ryanair departures on 26th October.

They seemed more interested in the small suitcases that people carry rather then the more flexible/squashy bags, pulled at least one person up that I saw
Liverpool airport staff walk out over jobs dispute

Ground staff at Liverpool John Lennon Airport are threatening a second two-hour walk-out at 19:15hrs today in a dispute over jobs.

Servisair workers staged a two-hour strike this morning, from 05:00 but have since returned to work.

Their union, the GMB, said staff were protesting at plans for 47 compulsory redundancies at the ground handler Servisair, which works for several of the airport's carriers including easyJet, Flybe and Ryanair.

The airport said there would be no disruption to flights as some staff, it claimed, continued to work this morning through the strike action. A statement on the Liverpool airport website said: "Servisair have assured (us) that contingencies will be in place to minimise any disruption/impact."

Further stoppages are planned for two hours every morning and every afternoon on Friday, Sunday and Monday and onwards from December.The union has also imposed a ban on overtime.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi, does anyone know if there is a smoking area at Liverpool Airport.
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.