Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi All

I haven't done enough posts to enter a link yet, but anyone interested in where the smoking area at T2 is:

Go to Manchester Airport site, select Airport infomation, then select maps, you will see airport full view then select go back to maps this takes you to all maps then look for T2 departures.

Sorry this is long winded but as I said I can't enter a link, happy holidays :tup

Joyce
I'm flying into Manchester off a long haul flight next week and connecting on to a domestic flight with BA. I have a 5 hour layover. Does anyone know if there are shower facilities at the airport and any recommendations on best places to hang out for a few hours?
Traveller,

There are shower facilities in the Radsson SAS Hotel located in Terminal 2

See Here

Gower
I must be getting early senile moments :duh ......thought was flying from T2....so really happy to find out about the smoking area ( hubby can be a pain when he cant have a cig...and spoils things for everyone else...as we cant relax either)....even told hubby about it....
:cry but we arnt flying from T2...its T1............went on airport site with link for map to smoking area in T2 ....and :que nothing looked as I remembered from going with thomascook to gran caneria last year... :think so checked things out ....and found out its T1 for us

Last year I flew with thomson to rhodes...not long after gran caneria and that was T2.... :duh I thought was same terminal for both...thought it was only different as using different company check in ect....I am daft

So just off to read the posts about T1 and smoking......before I break what I think is bad news to hubby....tweetie
:) just read fairy pants earlier post.....looks like T1 will have a smoking area by time we go in july ....keeping fingers crossed all goes to plan......so come july will be :D for everyone instead of the usual :( till he gets his fag outside the airport in gran caneria ...tweetie
Hi all, probably wrong topic but here goes. Flying from Manchester to Varadero on 4th june so driving overnight from Scotland (Mrs doesn't finish work til 6pm on 3rd). Got parking sorted but 2yr ago we went from MAN and booked Servisair lounge but thanks to the refurb and baggage carousel probs we had 15 minutes instead of 2hr in lounge. Complained to all and sundry but no joy, no refund. Is the refurb work finished and is it worth trying the lounge again. Or should I just save my money. Mrs isn't the best flier but if she has time to sit and chill she is ok. Cheers for any help. Steve
Thanks GowerL7 for the reply re the shower facilities.
Hi All

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to my below question.

Last year when we went to Jamaica (Thomas Cook) we booked Premium Seats. At check in we were given Fast Track through security, does this always happen when flying Premium from Manchester or is this just something Thomas Cook do?

The reason I am asking is we are going back to Jamaica this year again but with Thomson Premium this time and would like to know if the fact we are going premium gets you this advantage.

Regards

Joyce
JoyceR27,

Fast track security is part of some premium packages, but not all. It's airline specific. I've not seen fast track secuirty listed for Thomas Airways. Depending on when you are travelling, it's not needed anyway. T2 is pretty slick these days, more so than T1. I walked straight through the other week.

Darren
Hi Darren

First of all I hope you had a nice holiday.

Thanks for the response, I am going to Jamaica on the 2nd May same time as last year. At that time the Fast track through security was very welcome as the airport was very busy and the queue's through security were considerable.

We should be fine as we will be there early to take advantage of the Lounge, :cheers

Joyce

PS. Nice to have you back :tup
I've decided to start our May 16th holiday a day earlier and have booked the Radisson Blu Hotel the night before & two weeks car parking on airport, and requested a runway facing room - may even get some better pics than Darren :rofl .We'll be taking advantage of night before check-in. Has anybody else stayed there? Is there somewhere to go (not on the airport) after getting rid of the cases and car?
baz657 wrote:
may even get some better pics than Darren

The rooms are south facing I'm afraid so you'll be facing the sun, no good for photography apart from early morning :duh You get some great views though, I'm sure you'll love watching the airside activity, the place never stops.

There's not a lot around the area really other than the airport that's accessable on foot. You can easily get the train in to Manchester though, the train station is only a few minutes walk away.

Darren
baz

to get into the city in the evening see http://www.gmpte.com/upload/library/09-1230_Rail_Ranger_Leaflet.pdf - after 18:30 it's £2 for an Evening Ranger ticket. Frequent trains until at least 22:00 and even then they just thin out rather than stop running.

Main station Piccadilly is handy for most city centre restaurants etc. but the tram will take you closer and city zone is included on the Ranger, Deansgate is handy for trendy bars.

From the airport you can use any train except those via Wilmslow.
hello any update on the smoking facility airside in T1?

claire
fairypants,

There's no further update. The problem with T1 is there's no outside access to provide a smoking area like there is at T2 with gate 300.

Darren
hi dazbo and fairy pants......flyinghigh said on 17th feb quote

By the way folks I emailed manchester yesterday and they say the airside smoking area in T1 will be open in a few weeks, they are finishing building it. T3 wont be happening as they cant find a suitable site. unquote

So what went wrong.....tweetie
Tweetie, I dont have constant contact with them and thats the last i heard. It's in their hands now as to when it opens. Send customer services an email though and see if you can find out any more. The guy i spoke to was called Daniel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.