Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thanks flying high and fairy pants......looking forward to reading the info you post....hope is in use by july ...hubby a pain if cant smoke....tweetie
If nobody else posts it in the meantime, ill ask staff at T2 when i fly out on the 11th
the flight is delayed by 40 mins so we dont go till 12.35 and the taxi made a balls up so we set off at 6.30 from burnley!!! so i need some advice!

wheres the best place for a full english before departures? and wheres the best spotting place walking distance in/around the terminal. ill have about 5 hours to waste!!!! is the airport hotel far away?

claire x
The 46k always goes at 1235, why do you think it is delayed??
at time of booking on our intinery our flight times were 11.55 from manchester. if its always gone at that time, why does it come up on the tcx systems in the shop / website and change it a month or 2 before hand! i dont mind anyhow. i can watch more planes :)
Hi All

Anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza @ Manchester Airport recently. It was 2 years ago we stayed here and wondered if they still had the same standards as they were very good back then.

Is there still an executive lounge, (Platinum Member ;) ) if so what times are you allowed drinks etc.

Joyce
JoyceR27,

I can't help with the hotel as I've never used it. Which airline are you travelling with? Whether you have lounge access will depend on your status with them and the lounge you have access to. Access is normally from 3 hours prior to your departure time.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thanks for replying I was actually referring to the executive lounge in the Crowne Plaza for Priority Club Gold and Platinum members. (Or anyone who books an executive room). I should have made myself more clear sorry.

I am flying with Thomsons on the 2nd May to Jamaica and I am already booked in the lounge at Manchester Airport :cheers

Joyce
Thanks JoyceR27, you'll have a flip a coin to decide which one to use, or both!

Darren
luci HT Mod wrote:
Virgin are going to start flying non-stop from MAN to Vegas from April next year.

This is replacing the non-stop Bmi service that was lost last year when Lufthansa bought Bmi and moved the aircraft to Heathrow, and have now retired them :duh

Darren
Hello,
Does anyone know if an Airside Smoking area is planned for Terminal 1 in Manchester? Travelling out in summer with a group of people who are all wanting me to say yes.
Thanks
Z.J.C
z.j.c,

It's planned, but nothing has been made available as yet.

Darren
hi zjc....we were discussing this further back on here...Im waiting to find out how things are going too as my hubby is a pain if he cant smoke....some one is flying on the 11th and is going to post an update on situation....so I am waiting to see what he finds out....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

I was there today. There's no provisions as yet. As I posted previously, the problem with T1&3 airside is there's no outside space to install a smoking area like there is at the Gate 300 area of T2. The problem with outside smoking areas airside is you are close to aviation fuel and you can't have people smoking and disposing of cigarettes anywhere near it. Gate 300 is at the opposite side of the pier so they simply took a gate out of commission (300C) and installed a cage around the doorway. That way, smokers could go outside without being anywhere near aircraft or fuel. It's not that simple in T1 and T3 as there's no outside space available, hence the reason nothing is available as yet.

Darren
:cry .....why on earth did the airport tell one of our posters one would be ready in a few weeks ages ago now...seems I will have to put up with narkey pants and his grumps again this year...thing is he was the one who moaned about going by coach and always wanted to fly instead...at leaste was smoke breaks all the way by coach for him and he slept in between them :rofl :rofl

ps.. thanks Darren atleaste I am prepared now
Hey,
Thanks, I was thinking myself where they would install one in Terminal 1 as most of the gates do look onto the airside so I can see how it will be difficult. Guess they will have to cope. Shouldn't smoke I suppose!
Thanks
Z.J.C
Just read that I can now smoke when I check in airside in T 2 I fly with portland holidays thomson so that means I can have a few cigs, insted of 10 before I enter the building...Great news for us smokers..Ineed a fewe before my 3 hr journey... :O) :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.