Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thanks - looking at our seating plan it looks like row 12 is the last row with the exit/wing behind it. hopefully we'll be ok.

look forward to hearing from you
LEE163,

It's been a long night! Yes, row 12 is the last of the ones in the forward cabin on the outside rows.

Darren
Hi Darren,

On a TC Community site someone had ask the question about changes to longhaul aircraft from November, quoting what you have posted on this site. This was the reply form their Official Rep. Thought you might like to know!

http://customer-community.thomascook.com/thomascook/topics/long_haul_aircraft_from_november_2011

Let's see!! ;)
  • Edited by Dazbo HT Mod 2011-07-29 11:07:04
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Link inserted to relevant page.
morgaln,

As I mentioned, my source is Thomas Cook so unless there has been a change of heart, the information I posted was from internal. Thomas Cook are going through a tough period and there have been some tough decisions and developments recently which may have changed things. I'll ask for an update.

Darren
I like the 'handing 3 old aircraft back'. Considering one of them is their newest, the reply doesn't fill me with confidence.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH SOME INFORMATION PLEASE.
we are flying from manchester to lanzarote on TCX2212 next week,our 1st time flying with thomas cook.does this flight have seat back tv screens on,
On a TC Community site someone had ask the question about changes to longhaul aircraft from November, quoting what you have posted on this site. This was the reply form their Official Rep.

Looking at booking long haul holidays for 2012, I looked at the Thomas Cook airline website today.
And I found this page, which appears to be the latest official Thomas Cook info.

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/64/related/1

It does now suggest very clearly that Thomas Cook will only offer 29-30 inch seat pitch from now on.
So while Thomson/First Choice offer 33 inches economy pitch PLUS seat back IFE on long haul, they definitely always get my business. A far better experience when stuck in a seat for 10 hours.
Goodbye Thomas Cook!
ukbill
I think that page needs updating as it is not upto date information. It states A330 premium details. Premium hasn't existed since May this year and the ex premium seats are being removed after this season.
Hi sunaddict,
ukbill
I think that page needs updating as it is not upto date information. It states A330 premium details. Premium hasn't existed since May

The Thomas Cook website actually does seem to be up to date. If you look at another page
http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/22/related/1

It does talk about the real situation of so-called Premium - just extra legroom - being bookable only for inbound flights.
A TC employee has already stated on this forum that the ex premium seats are being removed at the end of this season. The information on the website should be relevant for the current season, not next.
They update it as required. The API page has changed twice recently as they keep changing the destinations they want the API in advance for.
Given that they are still selling both ex premium seats and 33" legroom for next summer, it would seem to be an absolutely ridiculous thing to be doing, if the website is in fact showing that they are removing them. If they do remove them, people already booked are going to have a field day if they are selling products they have openly stated that will not have. I doubt TC would be that stupid :yikes
Time will tell.
Collected tickets yesterday from Thomas Cook - Yayy!!

Reading through last night it states that as we have paid extra for 'your seat', we can check in on-line, then we do not have to queue at check in desks, just drop suitcases at a drop off point.

How does this work?? Surely you will still have to queue to have your cases weighed.

Also do if I do this do I have to print off my boarding pass? Haven't got the best printer in the world and dread to think what they would look like if there is a bar code involved :rofl
Having searched for this yesterday following the arrival of my tickets on Saturday I can point you here :tup bottom post is from Dazbo HT Mod

Seems to point to being pointless if checking in luggage rather than just having hand luggage.

Did the book your seats thing online, £120.00 extra legroom seats on both journeys, but swmbo insists on this and seeing as this is her 50th birthday present I am not really in a poistion to argue.

Cheers
Mark
If you booked through TC shop let them do it, but if you get to the airport to check in early enough I can't see any benefits.....Caz
That is a good idea getting the shop to do it for me, but to be honest I really can't see the point on checking in online.

Cannot see there not being a 'queue' for dropping off luggage?? Flight is at 6.40am so have to be up early anyway :que Might give the shop a ring tomorrow and ask them what the procedure is.
hippyjak,

What you are referring to is online check-in. If you are travelling without luggage, you can go straight through to departure when arriving at the airport. This can be a big time saver. If you are taking luggage, you still need to check your bags in at the airport at the baggage drop off desk. The queue for this can sometimes be as long as the regular queues depending on how many people are checking luggage it at the time. If you are hand luggage only, online check-in is great. If you're taking luggage, it's debatable whether it's worth it or not. All the details are on Thomas Cooks website.

Darren
Thanks for that - will just get there as usual then, we have pre-booked seats so no worries about seating arrangements.

Plus the holiday starts as we arrive at the airport!! :cheers
Hi Darren,

Can you advise please whether the plane for the TCX926 on 1/10/11 from Glasgow to Sanford & the TCX927 on 15/10/11 from Sanford to Glasgow is the Airbus A330-200 or A330-300.

I've checked the link referred to in the thread but not getting a definitive answer from it - sorry if I'm not reading it properly.

Thanks,

Thorpey
rthorpey,

Welcome onboard :tup
Looking at the schedule for your dates of travel, GLA-SFB-GLA (TCX926/7) are operated by an Airbus A330-300. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.