Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Molly45,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-SFB-LGW (TCX172/3) are operated by an Airbus A330-300. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi everyone,

Just returned from punta cana flying from manchester with Thomas Cook.

Both the outbound and inbound flights (TCX314/315) were operated by OY-VKF. Just for future reference the aircraft now has a leather interior throughout.

With regards to premium seating, what appeared to happen on our flight was those who booked premium on the way back were seated in the premium cabin on the way out from the UK. People seemed to be under the impression they would be receiving a premium service. This is not the case, they are only extra legroom seats, nothing more.

Hope this sheds a little bit of light on the confusing premium situation.

David
We are flying to Skiathos (JSI) from Manchester (MAN) on Wednesday on flight TCX2486 and JSI - MAN two weeks later on flight TXC2487 and we were wondering what reg or a/c model we will be flying on.

Many thanks,
Oliver :D
olivaaar,

MAN-JSI-MAN (TCX2486/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren

just wondering because our tickets state A320 but for the past 2 or 3 years we have been tgere it has been a B752.
Expert help needed!

After reading the 'what aircraft guide' my interpretation is that for 2012, all of TC's long haul flights will have only a 29'' seat pitch and no seat back IFE.

I've read elsewhere that this isn't the case!

I'm so confused, can anybody clarify?

Regards
Mac
mak70
Out of interest, where have you read otherwise?
Hi Sunaddict

On Thomas Cooks own customer forum (I'm unable to post the link on here due to me not having previously posted enough comments)

An employee has posted (see last post on thread) commenting that there is no official Communication to say that these changes are going to happen.

Regards
Mak
Yea, I read that. The employees on there have been slightly economical with the truth over a few issues this last few months. I just put it down to the fact that they don't actually know!
mak70 wrote:
I've read elsewhere that this isn't the case!

My sources are from Thomas Cook Airlines.

Darren
im going to turkey and my allowance is 20 kg and have 5 kg hand luggage . i was wandering if i am allowed to put my 5kg allowance in my 20kg luggage instead of carrying the extra bag ? :que i am flying with thomas cook
zara

welcome to HT

Your hold luggage is 20kg and if you are over they may charge you excess baggage, most airports are quite strict with luggage allowances these days. Maybe put lighter items in your hand luggage (5kg) ie flipflops
undies etc and keep the heavier items for your checked in luggage.

hope that helps you

lily
hi what i ment was instead of taking any hand luggage put the allowance of having a hand luggage in to my main luggage so it would be 25kg and not takin any hand luggae onto the plane?
no its needs to be kept seperate as it will make your hold lugguage overweight which will incur excess baggage charges.

regards

lily x
Hello,

My eldest son has just booked a holiday with his girlfriend to Jamaica this September,after reading about all these impending possible cuts to the long haul fleet with Thomas Cook,can anyone re-assure us everything will be Ok ?

:think

Rotterdam.
Hi Zara,

Welcome to HT :)

I'm afraid that what Lily says is correct. I know that the way baggage allowances are set out can be confusing and can vary between airlines. However, in this case you are only allowed a maximum of 20 kgs as hold luggage for checking in and a maximum of 5kgs as hand luggage and they can't be combined.

However, are you travelling alone or with friend/family/ partner? If you are, you are usually allowed to combine your allowances up to the maximum for everybody together as long as no single bag exceeds the limit set per bag for handling purposes. For some airlines this is 23kgs but can be up to 30kgs with others - check your T&Cs. So if you are travlling with someone who won't be using up all their allowance, then you could take extra in your own case as long as the overall total is within the limits (eg 40kgs if there are two of you, 60kgs if there are three and so on). However, you can't usually combine your hand baggage allowance in this way - this must be kept separate, that is, each bag must weigh only 5kgs or less

SM
hello fellow HT users!:-)

on my recently asked question about our MAN-JSI flight (TXC2486) (20/7/2012) do you know the reg of the a/c flying us there?
oliveer,

It could be any of several as they are rotated regularly. They're all the same inside though so it makes little difference.

Darren
thatnk, im just really excited! i've been going through airliners.net all weekend saying 'ooh, that could be our plane!'
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.