Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
SMa,
I thought that a Tour Operator was selling a service sorry i dont see in the terms and conditions that "we will get you there if we dont have a problem"? I for one purchase a service and pay for it and expect it.I would bet if the rule was you could get a full refund after a 3hr delay they would pull their socks up,tour operators for too long have hidden behind small print and treated customers like rubbish.
No, if the rule was a 3 hour delay they'd give up the business - there would be no point in trading. They aren't there to provide holidays, they are there to make money and if the rules make it difficult they'll find some other market to trade in.
Totally agree Steve they are there to make money and thats all customer service doesnt come into it. I wish we could do the same in our buisness buy it and i will deliver when i feel like it.
Have a look at the Tor Air thread, last weekend at LGW they had:
36hr delay Rhodes
15 hrs late Kalamata
24hr late Kos inbound
12 hour late Kos outbound
plus others

You are much better off with a reputable Tour Operator such as Thomas cook! :D
yes, no airline can gurantee technical defects, acts of God, birds flying into their planes, but it is how they react that counts
Come on Mike you cannot compare a Micky Mouse company with 3 737s with the company who pioneered Package Holidays and a UK fleet of 42 Aircraft.
Hi can u tell me where my plane is coming from so I can check for delays.
11/8/11 manchester - Punta Cana tcx314 thanks!!
holnade,

Your aircraft comes in from one of Las Vegas (TCX124/5) or Sanford (TCX226/7).

Darren
hi we are due to fly monday15th august from gatwick at 10pm this is a thomas cook booking but onur flight so a ohy flight could you tell me if there has been any delays or problems sice thomas cook took this flight over after the crash of hols 4 u last week. we were originally booked to leave on saturday from cardiff but managed to book this folight when ours went bust.
nuttynet,

Delays and flight problems happen for any number of reasons so you can't really go on past performance. What will be will be on the day. The airline, handlers and airport will do everything they can to get you off on time. It's not only inconvenient for passengers when flights are delayed, it causes a nightmare for the airline and handling staff too.

Darren
Does anybody know if we have free entertainment on TCX 5124/5125 EMA/TFS on 19/8 or do we have to purchase the hand held units?
What movies are currently being shown?

Thanks Mark
mncollyer
Thomas Cook do not have inflight entertainment on their short haul flights, or rent PSP's any longer. You will have to amuse yourselves I'm afaid.
I for one purchase a service and pay for it and expect it.I would bet if the rule was you could get a full refund after a 3hr delay they would pull their socks up,tour operators for too long have hidden behind small print and treated customers like rubbish.

But, Qatarman, are you prepared to pay the price that would need to be charged for that sort of service? The indications are that most people aren't. I used to regularly use BA on their Edinburgh/Gatwick and Edinburgh/Birmingham routes - yes, it was more expensive than the likes of Easyjet but the service was so much better and even though I always had a non-transferable ticket, in practice they would put me on another flight as long as there was room and went out of their way to help me when things went wrong. But all the indicators suggest that the majority of passengers preferred if not the no-frills service, then the cheaper prices of the likes of Easyjet and once BA tried to compete with them on price then the level of service dropped accordingly and there is now little to tell the difference between them in either price or service.

We the consumers are constantly buying on the lowest possible price, so airlines are now tailoring their service to what they think we'll pay. In the end you get what you pay for and frankly we aren't paying enough to get the sort of service we say want. We can either have cheap fares or decent service where airlines keep planes standing empty around the country to fill the gaps in their schedules when planes go 'tech' or delayed - but we can't have both. If we pay Primark prices we can't expect Prada quality.

:offtop Sorry, Mods, for going a bit off topic but Thomas Cook can only compete in what is now a price driven market by cutting a great many of the same corners as the bargain basement small fry. Or for that matter, the 'we'll charge you extra for everything except the seat itself and the air you breathe' bigger boys (but no doubt O'Leary has already had his accountants looking at that too and we can expect an announcement any day soon!)

SM
Hi - can you tell me what type of plane I am on and the seat pitch, travelling Glasgow/Sanford 30.09.11 TCX246 returning 14.10.11 TCX247? I have just made a 'dummy booking' which, under "important information" seemed to show 29" seat pitch for the return flight. If this is the case do you know if it is possible to book the old premium seats for extra legroom on the return flight?

C
Hi Darren,
flying on TCX 172 on 27 Aug, the flight is listed as 10 hours+, can you confirm that this is direct and no stop offs anywhere?

Cheers
*chris*,

Welcome onboard :tup
I'm mobile at the moment so I'll confirm aircraft type in the morning when I'm home. GLA-SFB-GLA (TCX246/7) are operated by Airbus A330-200 outbound / and possibly the -300 inbound. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). There are no 'premium' seats on the A330-300.

Darren
*chris* wrote:
Hi - can you tell me what type of plane I am on and the seat pitch, travelling Glasgow/Sanford 30.09.11 TCX246 returning 14.10.11 TCX247? I have just made a 'dummy booking' which, under "important information" seemed to show 29" seat pitch for the return flight. If this is the case do you know if it is possible to book the old premium seats for extra legroom on the return flight?

C

outbound is on a330-200 with standard 33" seat pitch

inbound is on a330-200 again...but...one of the ones with 29".
You can book PREM seats for return, if they allow you to.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.