Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
littlebw,

It's normally an Airbus A320-200. All seats are economy. The only 'upgrade' is extra legroom.

Darren
Hi Darren, need you help re: TCX244 to Puerto Plata (pop) from Manchester 19th Oct 2011 returning TCX127 2nd Nov. I think it's A330 but not sure. Also we could only upgrade on return flight??????? just wondered if you know the configuration? Thanks - Sue
sue ludlam,

Your flights, MAN-POP-MAN (TCX244/127) are indeed operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans and aircraft / cabin photos on our What Aitcraft? guide (link below). Details about booking the old premium seats is here.

Darren
Thank you so much for the info Darren Regards - Sue
Does anyone know,

TCX2148 MAN-SSH 25/10/11
TCX2613 SSH-MAN 01/11/11

I'm pressuming the smallest aircraft that Thomas Cook will use on this is the 757-200. However with thomson using a 737-800, i'm expecting one to be A320/32.

Thanks for your reply in advance,
Nick
Nick 1992,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TCX2148/2613) are Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren,

You've previously told us that we're travelling on a B752 thanks, but I just want to check with you please what difference in seat WIDTH the exit seats have due to the tables being in the arm rests? I travelled Ryanair recently in the first row with the table in the arm rest and although my bum and top of thighs were quite squashed in I wasn't actually all that uncomfortable - just wondering how those seats with TC airlines compare with, say, Ryanair's? Are they all that standard width in economy? I'm not that large, just when I sit down my untoned bum and thighs spread outwards haha!

Thanks.
cagzy,

Exit row seats are a little narrower than the standard seats due to the tray tables being positioned in the arm rest. There's not that much in it though, maybe 1/4 inch. The seats are pretty much the same as on the Ryanair aircraft in terms as width. The standard seat width is approximately 16.5 inches, 16.25 inches on the extit rows.

Darren
Oh that's good to hear, thanks for the quick reply Darren. Having read my post back, I wonder if I needed to go into that much detail :duh
Hi Darren, we are off next Sat to Antalya flight no TCX 2358 Manchester
Could you please tell me where this flight is prior to this so I can keep a watch on it.
Many thanks Netty.
Hi Darren

A bit of a long way off but do you know what type of TCX plane will operate the following

4/4/12 Manchester - Las Vegas TCX 124
11/4/12 Las Vegas - Manchester TCX 125

As you are in the know any idea why TCX 159 from SFB to MAN has been delayed for 24 hours? Having been through SFB recently I wouldn't like to be to be stuck there for too long as its very small, but quick to get through when you land.

Thanks
Thomas Cook to axe 250 jobs

Thomas Cook has confirmed that it will shed six aircraft and 250 airline jobs by the end of the year.

The announcement, which was made to staff at Thomas Cook Airlines yesterday, will largely affect staff based in Manchester although crew based at other UK airports could also be affected.

A company spokesman: "We have entered into a 90-day consultation with employees who could be affected by the change; no decision about redundancies will be made until after the consultation."

At the same time, the operator is also consulting with staff about extending their working hours at calls centres in Peterborough and Falkirk, which would involve employees working Sundays and until later in the evenings.

Cook has asked 400 staff who currently work six days a week from 8am to 8pm to consider working seven days a week, until 10pm, on a shift basis.

Both the airline cuts and changes to the working hours form part of Cook's strategic review announced in May.

Chief executive of Thomas Cook Mainstream Ian Ailles said: "The fleet reduction is one measure within our overall strategic and operating review of the UK business and demonstrates the decisive action that we are taking to improve the profitability of our UK business.

"The airline review has focused on leases, seasonal capacity and mainstream tour operator demand, as well as operational efficiency and profitability."

Of the six aircraft, three A330s will be returned to their leasing company along with a narrow-bodied A320, a Boeing 767 will be shifted to Thomas Cook's German airline Condor and a fourth A330 will transfer to Thomas Cook Northern Europe.

Cook said the reduction in its aircraft did not mean it would cut capacity for summer 2012 as some of its flying was on behalf of third parties and some of its packages were based on scheduled flights.

The operator has already announced that its winter 2011/12 capacity will be cut by 5%.

With permission from Travelmole
Hiya,
We are travelling to Cayo Coco on TCX 174 Thurs 6th Oct 2011 returning 20th Oct 2011 from Manchester. Will this be a A330 as I have been reading about TC substituting with smaller aircraft?

Does this flight stop or is it direct as a couple of year ago we went on 1 flight to Varadero that stopped at Holguin.

Do TC have any in-flight entertainment now or has that all stopped?

We have booked premium seats on the way back and I'm thinking of booking specific seats are there any seats to avoid, last year we got one with no window and it felt more cramped than usual.

Many Thanks,

Anne ;)
Hello,

Am flying TCX 6184 Ncl-Efl. Sun 11/9/11.

Can you tell me which aircraft this is? Read somewhere in the small print about being leased from Astraeus. Also, please, where does it come in from prior to this.
Thank You.
I'm flying on the 12th October TCX244 to Holguin from Manchester. Will I be able to check in online and if so what's the earliest date I can do so please.
Hi - not sure if you can help with this one really - I am due to fly to Antalya from Manchester on Tuesday 13 Sept with TCX my flight is at 09.15 - if we get the stormy/windy weather from Hurricane Katia is there a chance of flights being cancelled??
impossible to say, Safety is the first and last criteria for both the airport and the airline, if either feel conditions are not safe then you may have to hang around for a slot when the weather is a bit calmer, better a day late than being spread all over Cheshire.......

wizard
Thanks Wizard - I sort of guessed as much - fingers crossed and hoping that it will be calmer by then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.