Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for that Darren. Strange that companies don't seem to know that. I've been looking at booking fights through Travel Republic etc and they all say 'no flights available' though both TC and Thomsons say there are. :roll: In the end it seems it is irrelevant for me this year as I'd forgotten I have to be back in the UK by the end of April for my grandson's 18th birthday so it will have to be TC. I had been hoping to go a couple of weeks later to give the country time to warm up.
Hi
Just wondering how many of TC A330's are assigned to the Hajj flights? Also is it just one of Monarch's that are doing them?Thanks
Sunaddict,

G-EOMA (A332) has been leased to Garuda Indonesia for the Hajj from Monarch, and G-MDBD (A332), G-OMYT (A332) and G-TCCB (76W) from TCX.

Darren
Thanks for the rapid reply Darren :cheers Just another question - wrong forum sorry - but is that the only A330 that Monarch have?
Sunaddict wrote:
Just another question - wrong forum sorry - but is that the only A330 that Monarch have?

No, they have 2; G-EOMA and G-SMAN.

Darren
Hi,

Just wondering what aircraft type will be operating MANCHESTER - HOLGUIN 18/7/2012.
(sorry no flight number)

Thanks,
Oliver
olivaaar,

It'll be an Airbus A330-200. Extensive aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Just wondering because i dont want to be stuck in a -300 with 29'' legroom and over-isle tv's for 10 and a half hours.
Something else to look forward too now :sun2
We chose flight with Thomas Cook at Easter due to early departure time, meaning we would arrive early in the day. We paid quite a lot for these flights.They have now emailed to kick us off that flight and put us on one departing over 3 hrs later. When I looked on their website, there is a flight leaving just an hour later than the one we had booked. My daughter said they had done this to her and she rang them and got the flight nearer to her original time. I rang customer services and they tried to charge me £100 for the flight leaving an hour later! They claim my daughter's flight must have been moved to one 12 hours later for them not to charge her. This wasn't the case. They also cannot promise us the seats we paid extra for.
I have told them I will never book with Thomas Cook again. No wonder they are struggling when they routinely change flights to worse times and keep passengers waiting for hours due to 'delays' once on board. Customer service? Screw the customer more like!
Lanzafan, just read your post with interest, we have booked a package to lanzarote with direct holidays, flying thomas cook, 29th march 2012, 07.15 from manchester, so I just looked at flythomascook website and my 07.15 flight is not there ! there is one at 08.15 same day, also my return flight time has 'dissapeared', it is now showing 15.50 instead of 12.45 !!! I have yet to be notified of these changes interestingly, thanks for posting your experiance, we shall see if they bother to tell me !
Juby 5 - yes, it's the same flight, different date. They emailed me - could be that it went in your spam folder?
If you can get on the 8.15am one without paying £100, please let me know! I am waiting to see if they give me the seats I paid for on the later flight - watch this space!
Hi Darren,

could you tell me what aircraft is doing he TCX MAN-Holguin 29th Feb coming back 14th march i know it is supposed to be a A330 but with TCX sending 4 of these back i am now not sure, could you all so tell me the reg no please

thanks in advance :cheers
tinkerbell1971,

It's one of the usual Airbus A330-200's. Further details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). No one will know the registration until closer to the time and it makes no difference anyway as they are all identical inside.

Darren
Lanzafan, phoned direct holidays yesterday to be told, yep, you're now on 10.25 flight going out and 3 hours later coming back, so I pointed out there was an 08.15 still showing on the website and an earlier flight coming back which I wanted. Anyhoo, the lady basically said shut up and put up, thats final.
Today I rang again ( As these flights are still showing as available ) hoping to get someone a bit more understanding, got a lovely lady who said she would speak to operations and call me back.
Within the hour I got a phone call from the lady saying all was well and we are now on the 08.15 flight out and the earlier one coming back, no charge !
So maybe give them another ring and see what they say, good luck ! ( these flights will no doubt change again !!! )
Juby, I'm still having no joy. Have sent you pm - you may be able to help! Thanks!
What would be the best seat on thomas cook flight to goa 26/02/2012
HAHAHA,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. Are you on the MAN-GOI-MAN (TCX138/9)? These are operated by Airbus A330-200. There are no 'best' seats as it's very much personal preference. All seats offer the same basic facilities in economy so it doesn't really make a lot of difference where you sit. It's just whether you prefer a window, centre or isle seat towards the front, middle or back. The only thing I would say is you may want to avoid rows adjacent to the toilets to avoid disturbance. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hi there can u tell us what aircraft it will be 14th january man to szg TCX2364 thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.