Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Lucky you. I have been registered for many years now and never had an e-mail. Waste of time.
We fly with eJ regularly from both Manchester and Liverpool.

Just had an email from them today, to inform me that " Winter 2010 flights from Doncaster & Birmingham on sale now "

Yeah? So what!
wilson

you've probably had quite a few but your Spam filter may have deleted them without you seeing them, it's an old problem.
hi we were due to fly with easyjet to heraklion yesterday got to the airport found out there was a 3 and a half hour delay on the flight then a few hours later we found out that our flight had been cancelled apparently it was because of a french air traffic control strike but havent heard anything about that on the news any information on that would be appreciated

carole :cheers
thanks david a really quick response! that website looks to have the answer :cheers
Hi, does anybody know when the easy jet summer 2011 flights go on sale please? Thanks.
shirley h,

They normally come out around about september, but Easyjet keep on changing their release dates so we will probably have to wait and see

Gower
Thanks Gower. I work in a school so need to book as soon as they're out.
Winter 2010/11 were originally going to be bookable from about mid-july but were actually published on 7th May so it might be a good idea to check the website every few days from July so you dont miss the launch of summer 2011 as it would appear that the official mailing list notifications are not that accurate
I'll be flying from Newcastle to Palma on EZY6433 in a few weeks time and wondered what sort of aircraft we will be travelling on.

Extra legroom seats if we are lucky enough to get them, will our kids be able to sit in them too? Our kids are 12, 8 & 8

I usually prefer to be in close promximity to the exit door and the loos so on most flights get the very back row but I have heard that turbulence is particularly bad in those seats???? Is that true or does it not matter where you are on a plane if turbulence strikes?

Do PMI take notice of the SB for bus purposes....have to admit, flights were considerably cheaper with Easyjet than with Jet2 hence reason for booking Easyjet but have to say I'm not looking forward to the boarding process at either end. We have already booked SB+

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help or offer any advice :)
Hi tisonlymoi

you should be flying on an Airbus A319

You can view the seat layout showing the extra legroom seats here:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/easyJet_Airlines/easyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A319.php

hope this helps
Hiya, can anyone shed any light on the arrival of the 752 for easyjet? can anyone tell me what routes it will be flying and where will it be based over the summer? and are there more to join the fleet?
The 752 (OH-AFJ) has been wet-leased fro Air Finland for the summer schedule.

As far as I know it will be used on Palma, Malaga and the Canaries which were previously served by the single Liverpool based A320.

The jet is now in full Easyjet livery after been painted at Manchester and is due today to fly LPL-PMI

hope this helps

photos here:

External in EZY Livery
http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6865431&nseq=3

Air Finland Interior
http://360hosting.biz/airfinland/
  • Edited by acorns8 2010-06-12 10:59:46
Thanks ACORNS8, so no chance of them flying out of MAN this summer then?
Hi Tisonlymoi - Children are not allowed to sit at the extra leg room seats as these are at the emergency exits and you have to be a fit healthy adult to help with the evacuation of other passengers!!!!! Good idea to book SB as we have just arrived back from Madeira and the boarding was terrible with Easyjet with people jumping the queue and no proper queueing. Some passengers were going forward with the speedy boarding who hadn't booked and because they were being told to wait they joined the normal queue at the front, so therefore queue jumping. Each time we fly with easyjet and ryanair I always say never again, but end up using them because of the prices. Would it be to much for them to allocate seat numbers. It would make such a difference.
The fares would also go up though as it would mean both EZY and FR wouldn't be able to meet 25 minute turnarounds!
Turnaround time shouldn't be affected if the gate people get organised - and that's where it all goes wrong! All they need to do is get the passengers grouped to board in the right order so the ones furthest from the doors board first (and bearing in mind whether both doors or just the front will be used). Technically simple but the gate staff can't even get the Speedy Boarders in the right place and it fails completely if they bus to the plane.

And of course if everyone had an allocated seat they wouldn't need to buy Speedy Boarding which would hit revenue.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.