Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi - we're flying to Heraklion from LGW flight 8771 next Monday - I wondered if you could tell us which aircraft we might be on? We have booked SB+ but I would like to be prepared and hopefully find seats where the people in front can't recline!

Any info is really appreciated

Diane
Thank you Shirley - it's our first time with Easyjet so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

PS can you tell me if there is any entertainment on this flight?
Duffi, I don't believe there is ife on this aircraft. I'm sure one of our experts will correct me if I'm wrong.
Duffi,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). IFE is available on some aircraft

Darren
hi!

we were supposed to fly with easyjet to heraklion on the 27th of may. We had checked in and found out there was a 3 and a 1/2 hour delay on the flight but continued into departures. About 3 hours later we found out our flight had been cancelled. After reclaiming luggage and going through passport control (even though we hadn't left the country) we went to the easyjet sales desk and changed flights to the 1st of June. When we arrived home i decided to check the booking that the lady at the airport had made and found out she had changed the outbound flight but not the inbound which would give us 2 days on Crete. We then sent a request for a refund and booked another flight with monarch.

we now have been waiting for over a month and no refund or e-mail has been sent to us by easyjet.
will we be entitled to a refund?
does anyone know a number we could ring?

any information would be greatly appreciated
Carole :cheers
Did you not give Easyjet the option of changing your return flight?

If you didn't and you just didn't show for that flight then I doubt very much you'd be entitled to anything. I'm no expert mind.
Carole,

Your flight wouldn't have been classed as a return, even though you did book it as a return it would be classed as 2 single bookings. You transferred your outbound but if you didn't ask for your inbound to have been changed then it wouldn't have been, therefore it is highly unlikely you will get a refund for this flight.
Your flight would be classsed as a return if both parts had the same booking reference number/ confirmation email. But there is no set duration for a return flight, on some routes you could go for a day trip and not stay overnight at all. If you had decided not to travel at all and had a return booking then you could have had a full refund. But if you asked for the cancelled outward flight to be rebooked to a later date there is no automatic assumption that the return leg would be altered, if that's what you wanted you should have asked for it at the desk. Many of those in the same position would not have been able to extend and would have needed to come back as booked.

When you found that the return hadn't been altered did you ask them to do it? If not you put yourself in a weak position. Easyjet flights are normally non refundable, in this case they may have agreed if they had been asked at the right time.

Hard to say what will happen, had you said something at the right time you may have got the flight you wanted or a refund for it but you may have missed out.
Low cost airlines class flights as two singles not one return even if using the same reference number. Thats why the ticket desk agent wouldn't have changed it unless asked, if you go with a charter then 99% of the time you're coming back, therefore it would've been changed, however with budget airlines its a lot less. If you don't tell them you have a return then they aren't going to know.
thank-you to: tisonlymoi, chelle_375 and steve8482
for all you information :)

i assumed that the lady would have transferred our inbound flight as well
looks like no refund for me then :duh

cheers, carole :cheers
Has anyone out there noticed a change in their policy,the earlier you book the better the price ,not so of late I have caught them out several times in the last 6 months resulting in some significant credits being put on my credit file, no cash refunds you have to use the credit up on future flights so you spend more money as it usually comes out more than the credit .
I am talking about a couple of thousand pounds here !!! so please keep checking the prices. Now call me cinical but is this a very clever Finance Director at Easyjet because this certainly will help with their cash flow !!!.
Thanks Shirley and Darren your help is really appreciated.

Diane
As my flight from KTHY was suspended I purchased an ej ticket from DLM to MCR. When weighing in my bag's the attendant noticed I had SA on my ticket, there was me and a 4 year old. It was only after I had waited in the long queues that it was brought to my attention that I should have boarded earlier... Nobody told me, I had no idea.

We ended up at the back of the plane, which was not too bad and to be honest with you there were quite a few empty seats, so no many bodies!!

All in all the flight was good, new aircraft, service excellent. I'm now just wondering when the 2011 flights come out for summer. Does anybody know?
Hello all, how can I find out when easy jet release their flights for 2011?
Not sure what time of year you're interested in, but their flights until March are out now.
i'm looking at August but nothing released as yet, not sure if i should wait or just book the aegean flights to dalaman... what to do!!
You're unlikely to see summer flights until around November and they don't release all routes on the same day.
Around November you say??? Ah, that's not good... Little Miss Impatient I am!

Oh what to do!

Thanks
Ruth.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.