Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,

can anyone help me out and tell which type of aircraft will be used for Edinburgh - Las Palmas (TOM 1654 departs 1540 on July 2nd), returning Las Palmas - Edinburgh (TOM 1655 departs 2120 on July 9th) ? My reservations just shows it will be Thomson.

I have selected an exitrow seat; if I recall correctly my last TOM flight in 2008, seats were allocated at check-in, I could not pre-select my choice of window or aisle seat in advance.
Is there a choice these days with some kind of seatmap ?

Please let me know,
yours,
SeekingFCA
SeekingFCA,

EDI-LPA-EDI (TOM1654/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. Seats are allocated the day before your flight. You can also select your seat online at an extra charge although with having booked extra legroom seats, you are limited to row 12 and 32. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Note that flights are currently subchartered to Astraeus from EDI at the moment and operated by one of their Boeing 757-200's (G-STRW).

Darren
Hi Darren,

thank you very much - I appreciate your help. :wave:

Yours,

SeekingFCA
Hello :)
Just wondering if you could help me out with regards to IFE on Thomson Longhaul throughout July? I've heard that the listings are usually released at the end of the June for July but I may be wrong; forgive me if I am haha :)

chloe
You are correct. They should be out at the end of June. Darren will update as soon as he has them.
Hi, having read through some of the forum I've seen that some people have actually been able to find out what type of plane they will be flying on.

We are booked on flight TOM194 from Manchester to peurto plata this coming Friday - I pre-booked my seats but just want to confirm what type of plane we are most likely to have for the flight - hubby is questioning that I've booked us decent seats in the preimium seating

Thanks in advance for for any help given
carolinej42,

MAN-POP-MAN (TOM194/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi there, time to break my duck!

Flying out to Puerto Plata on Aug 1st (5 weeks today!) and just wondering what aircraft it would be and where it would have been tasked before.

LGW - POP TOM 038

Cheers in advance :tup
shyners,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-POP-LGW (TOM038/9) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The aircraft operates to Punta Cana (TOM060/1) before your flight.

Darren
does anyone know what sort of food they are serving in premium cabin? You used to get an upgrade on your baggage to 23Kg is this still the case?
trace104,

Refer to my post to x1lfb on the previous page in reference to food. Baggage allowance will be printed and confirmed on your tickets and should be 23kg for Premium.

Darren
Lovely Jubbly, much appreciated. Thank you very much
I just want to say how good the crew and Capt were on our return flight from Sharm -on a brand new 737 :-)
We had a 1hr 10 min delay coming back making the the crew out of hours, still they put up with us for a return 6 hr journey.
The Capt stood in the gantry before take off and used to P.A system to apologise to us all for the delay, a nice touch.
He also communicated with much more on this leg but, one small issue, the volume of the speakers when the pilots address the cabin is pathetic.
All in all, a great airline, thanks.
Hi I am flying to Sharm from Man on TOM894 this wednesday what time does the check in desk open please?
bluemoon,

Approximately 4 hours before your departure time. There's no need to get to the airport early as seating is pre-allocated the day before. The recommended check-in time is 2 hours before for short / mid-haul flights and 3 hours for long haul. Bear in mind it's getting busy at the airport now though so you might want to add a little extra time for queues at check-in and security.

Darren
Hi Im am thinking of booking a flight to Lanzarote for next thursday from Manchester flight nr TOM 2468, do you know what aircraft this will be on?

Also the flight above was listed at nearly £200 return yesterday it is now at £96 return! i am obviously not complaining but I wanted to fly there and back on Monarch so I could be on the same flight as my girlfriend (she has already booked) the Monarch flight is about £170 return at the moment, do you know if there is any chance this price will suddenly drop like the Thomson flight price?

cheers
hi dazbo!
is the dreamliner, likley to be used for long haul next year, we are looking to use thomson, for our flight to cancun, may 2012!
cheers richard.
The hoary old subject of luggage allowance (again!!)
I've booked a holiday to Kenya for October this year - got a good price for Premium upgrade as there weren't any extra space seats available/left.
The web site when I booked said that you get 23kgs hold allowance (I've checked by doing a mock booking this am) - but when printing off the documentation I 've just noticed that the email confirmation lists 20kgs allowance. Furthermore the email states 5kgs hand luggage vs the web site which says 7kgs !!
Now I thought that the "old" Premium flight allowances were being maintained when other baggage changes were made earlier this year.
Can anyone confirm that the email is incorrect??? :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.