Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
trace104,

I haven't got the list yet. I'll update the IFE as soon as I see it. It's linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

EDIT: I've just updated it.

Darren
thanks darren i need to have medical seats on a plane what seats are best as need to have room for my legs as i have a stoma thanks
petey,

There are designated medical seats on all aircraft that can be allocated to you if you discuss your needs with the airline. If you need extra room, it's likely row 2 (on the right side) of the Boeing 757-200, or seat 13F.

Darren
I am flying Birmingham to Antalya on 26th July. I think I am on a 757 200a and can sit in aisle 35, 36 or 37. i understand that the TV's are mounted every so many aisles an as i have two children with me would like to pick the seats with the best TV view.
can you advise which row would be best please
Just to update everyone on my earlier query on in-flight meals - I spoke to Thomson Lakes and they confirmed we will get meals on our flight, but after November this year no-one will get them. Glad to have got it sorted out!
Darren thank you so much for the telephone number, I found a Say No to 0871 number which was answered by someone at Tui and was transfered to another number, my initial reaction was oh no not again.

Anyway I spoke to a great advisor called Rachel and she booked my excess and it was cheaper than I had been previously told. I also asked for something in writing about the total allowance I had and she did that for me. She said I would receive a confirmation within a few minutes - which I did, complete with notes stating my total allowance.

Thank you Rachel :tup:

Right roll on 75 days :)
  • Edited by Feebee 2011-07-04 17:09:33
britabroad,

Seating in personal preference. IFE screens are located over the isle approximately every 4 rows. The first screen in the rear cabin is just forward of row 32, then approximately row 36 so any of the rows you're looking at will be fine.

Darren
Feebee wrote:
Right roll on 75 days

Glad you got it sorted. Only 65 days for me!!

Darren
I am flying Birmingham to Antalya on 26th July. I think I am on a 757 200a and can sit in aisle 35, 36 or 37. i understand that the TV's are mounted every so many aisles an as i have two children with me would like to pick the seats with the best TV view.
can you advise which row would be best please

It depends on which particular 757 aircraft you will be on and this won't be confirmed untill usually on the day. All ex-TOM 757 aircraft have cieling mounted TV's which can be found on or around rows 1, 6, 11, 21, 26, 32, 36. Many ex-FCA a/c have smaller flip-down TV's located under the overhead stowages around every 5-6 rows. I must though, say all are located in decent places to get the best view from the majority of seats. The only other differences in these aircrafts are the actual seat types used, ex-TOM aircraft having newer slimmer seating helping create a little extra space.
Thanks for the info...I think at the moment I am located in row 35 so would have to view the screen in front if row 32..seem like I should move back one row to row 36 and then the screen will be right in front of me.....or over head...I could opt for 37 I surpose just in case. I asked Thomson but they could not tell me ...
britabroad,

Row 35 is fine. I would prefer a screen 2 or 3 rows in front as if you have the screen right in front you you, you have to look up all the time and it gives you neck-ache after a while!

Darren
thanks , I will take your advice as always......
Hi Darren,

Do you know what the short haul IFE is at all please? I am on TOM6242/6243 on 12 & 19 July.

Thank you very much.
devonguy,

I only have the long haul at the moment. It'll be two from the list of long haul, normally the more family oriented films.

Darren
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.
TOM 0512? (MAN-AYT-MAN)

Both the 0715 outbound from MAN, and the 2310 inbound to MAN. Guessing it'll be a 767-300 but then again could be a 75.
Nick 1992,

MAN-AYT-MAN (TOM512/3) Is a 76W.

Darren
Hey Darren,

I'm new but have been lurking around on here for a while now, very informative posts from yourself :)
Any chance I could bug you for some info, I'm a plane nerd and like to look up things before I go :) !

I'm on TOM 568/9 on 23rd August, just wondering if you know what aircraft is operating this one? Where it comes from etc? I'm 99% sure it's a TOM a/c not FCA as I've already reserved the seats and it was in a 2/4/2 layout.

I pass the BHX apron every day on the train and on Tues mornings see it looks to be a TOM 763 and most of the time it looks like it's G-OBYD.......... but I know this can change.

Also, how often is the MAN tech (fuel) stop? I've seen it go direct but have read around that it depends on weather/ac/conditions etc, or is this not the case anymore?

Any info would be great

Al
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.