Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
nicochick,

Refer to my post to garrydan on the previous page.

Darren
Hi Darren,

We are due to fly from Manchester to Tenerife on 28th of November on TOM2116/7. The thomson my booking website is sayin that this will be a 737-300 with no IFE do you know if this is correct.

Thanks,

Chris.
Hi

We are flying on 29th Oct Gatwick to Montego Bay on Flight No: TOM024 and returning on 8th Nov on TOM031.

We have premier seats booked.

Could you please tell me what aircraft these flights will use and where they will be coming from?

We have flown many times on FC planes but never in the premier cabin on the Thomson planes.

Thanks

Peter
chriskim,

It's more likely to be a Boeing 737-800 but no aircraft will have IFE on short haul from November. It's being stopped at the end of this month.

Darren
beastof,

LGW-MBJ-LGW (TOM024/31) are showing as an ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER, subject to changes for maintenance (see BY-TOM-AMM-FCA post above). The premium cabins are pretty much the same apart from number of seats, tray table position, 1" difference in seat pitch and mood lighting. The aircraft operating TOM024 operates TOM050/1 (Sanford) beforehand.

Darren
Thanks Darren

From my pretty poor memory when I booked the seats (on row 5) the ones behind 5 may have have been blanked out, so maintenance may be on the cards.

Peter
beastof,

Possibly. In that case, the premium cabin will only be 5 rows / 31 seats with 37" seat pitch, no mood lighting and usual tray tables. Other than that, service etc is the same.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

I thought it would probably be a 737-800 too. Looks like I will have to make my own entertainment.

Thanks again

Chris.
Almost there!
Flying to FUE from EDI this Saturday on TOM1618. Having checked departures for several weeks prior, I've been unable to see this flight so I'm beginning to wonder if it is a one-off flight to cover for mid term school holidays in Scotland.
If possible, could you tell me where the flight will be inbound from or could it be re-positioning from a UK airport?

Thanks in advance :cheers
jc1,

The aircraft operates a flight to Tenerife the previous afternoon (TOM 1554/5) arriving back just before midnight then night-stops. I can't see a flight between that and your departure to FUE.

Darren
Thanks Darren, appreciate your time.
hi flying to pureto plata oct 28 tom 194 and flyin back to man nov 11 tom 163. do you know if my return leg will be ex fc or tom? thanks.
Apologies if this has been asked before:

Does anyone know as to whether Thomson will configure their 787 Dreamliners with a premium cabin?

Thanks in advance for any replies received.
4betterthan2,

The last I heard was if the APD increase last November came in to effect, then no, they wouldn't install premium seating. However I've not heard anything to suggest they won't be and given plenty are still booking premium, I would be surprised if they didn't.

Darren
Hi, I know it is a little early but could someone tell me if my flight from gatwick 18/04/2012 to cancun will be the 767 ex fc or thomson? also are they still doing the amenity pack as i heard they ran out for a while. Plus what are the best seats in premium to sit in? Oooo and can someone tell me if gatwicks exec lounge is worth it? Thanks in advance.
paul_arnell23,

Welcome onboard :tup
I won't know until the 2nd week of November if you want to remind me. There are no 'best' seats in premium. They all offer the same basic facilities so it's whatever you prefer. Aminety packs were back in stock on my flight last month.

Darren
Thanks Darren-that`s good news.

Given the long haul destintaions that the 787 will be able to fly to, it is comforting to know that they probably will not remove the option, ( unlike TC Airlines), for those customers who may wish to pay extra for a little more comfort.
jc1,

The aircraft operates a flight to Tenerife the previous afternoon (TOM 1554/5) arriving back just before midnight then night-stops. I can't see a flight between that and your departure to FUE.

Darren

Darren, could you clear something up if possible?
The flight above is showing as a 757-200 but when I pre-booked my seats I was advised that a 737-800 would be operating the flight, not that it makes a huge difference, just a little confused :think
jc1,

End of season flights sometimes deviate from the schedule if the passenger loads are smaller so it may have changed since I got the schedule. The interiors are the same so it makes no difference.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.