Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
rosedene,

It should be a Boeing 757-200 but I'll be able to confirm it closer to the time.

Darren
lattridge,

When are you flying? Assuming it's the winter season, it's normally an Airbus A321-200 on the Monday flight.

Darren

Hi darren, thanks for the reply. Sorry, we fly 28/11 next month. Is the A321 similar size plane to the 757?

Thanks
Hi all in the know

Will be flying to cape verde and did wonder if, in the light of IFE ceasing on short haul from November whether this route being 6 hours+
would be retaining its IFE, food for thought or not as meals are going as well.

Regards

Joe
lattridge,

They are pretty much the same, yes. There's only 2 rows of seats in it with the same configuration.

Darren
Joe3400,

Cape Verde is a short haul destination, not a long haul and operared by Boeing 757-200. There's therefore no mainscreen IFE from November. Although pre-bookable meals are being withdrawn, food is available on flights. If you look on the What Aircraft? guide and click on the link to the inflight magazine, the details are in there.

Darren
Thanks again - have you any idea at what stage the actual aircraft will be confirmed please for our flights NCL to TFS and then Bridgetown to Newcastle
It will either be PH-AHQ/X on the BGI-NCL flight. I will know closer to the time about the outbound flight.
I am flying to Goa in December; we travel on the day before my husband's birthday and I would like to take a bottle of champagne (bought in duty free) with me on the plane. We usually travel to Goa around his birthday (with Monarch), but notice from the Thompson website it says that you cannot take liquids of over 100mls on board. When I go into their link of what you can take, it suggests that you can take this sort of thing on board in your hand luggage.

Should I take a chance and buy one to take it with me?
You will be fine to take the champagne onboard, bought in the duty free shops. You won't be able to drink it onboard though. If you want to you can pre order champagne to ensure it is onboard for you and you can either drink that onboard or take it off for your hotel. There is usually two large and two small bottles loaded on each flight for on the day purchases.
Thank you BY-TOM-AMM-FCA, I will ask my other half what he would prefer I do.
I will be travelling on flight TOM054 from Gatwick to Maldives 30th October and wondered if anyone new what films are showing on this flight?
pdr51,

Welcome onboard :tup
Current IFE is linked on our what Aircraft? guide (link below). Have a great time in the Maldives, I've only been back a few weeks from there.

Darren
My parents are off to Egypt on 27/11/11 returning on 04/12/11 they are on flights TOM664 BHX-SSH and TOM665 SSH-BHX can somebody please confirm what type of aircraft this will be on
uno28,

BHX-SSH-BHX (TOM664/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren, do you have your winter flight schedules as yet? If so, could you tell me the aircraft type planned to operate TOM754/755 MAN-SSH-MAN please. We depart 19.3.12 and return 2.4.12.

Thanks in advance.
JMAC,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM754/5) should be operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi all,

It's been a couple of years since I have been on a tour operator type holiday, but has Thomson stopped all short haul in flight catering in with the ticket price? We are off to Gran Cranaria soon on TOM1142 and as it was booked a while ago cannot remember if meals on board were in or not. On having a look at our booking details I am unable to find anything but I have found this which suggests no meals included.

We've launched a brand new range of food and drink you can buy onboard our shorter flights. Choose from hot and cold drinks as well as light bites or more substantial snacks. Plus, there's a range of healthy and vegetarian options. Simply take your pick from the menu and order from a member of cabin crew.

Just so you know, this means you'll no longer see in-flight meals available to pre-order when you're booking a short haul holiday

If this is the case do they object to passengers taking their own grub on board?

Thanks in advance..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.