Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello !

Could someone let me know the aircraft type for the following flights ?

TOM388 LGW-HRG 06/01/2012
TOM389 HRG-LGW 13/01/2012

Many thanks !

Julmops
Julmops,

LGW-HRG-LGW (TOM388/9) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Many thanks Darren ! Much appreciated as always !
flying tuesday 6th dec man - male on tom188. can you tell us where the flight will be coming from to look out for delays please?
HelenV,

The aircraft operates MAN-Goa-MAN (TOM158/9) before operating MAN-MLE-MAN (TOM188/9).

Darren
Hello again Darren,

We're looking to go to Cuba (VRA) on TOM172 & 173 in May 2012, will this be an ex FCA with 2-3-2 in economy? If so what is the configuration in premium please?

My sister is going NCL-CUN on TOM392 & 393 in Aug 2012, same questions please.

Many thanks once again.

Jim
jim98,

It's too early to know the exact aircraft assigned, but it's normally an ex-FCA 763 so yes, 2-3-2 throughout. This can change between now and then though. Same with TOM392/3. Premium information is on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Cheers once again; if we decide to fly to HOG, flight TOM118 does the same apply?

One more thing; if they decided to change the assigned aircratft (based upon your experience) is it mostl ikely to be an aircraft with the same configuration?
I'm sure you realise it's the 2 of the 2-3-2 that is attaractive to us.

Jim
jim98,

TOM118/9 is generally an ex-FCA too. If it's a pair of seats you're after, even if there's a change of aircraft, you'll still have a 2. Changes only occur when there's no choice, they don't 'decide' to change it, for example a technical issue so it's either a lengthy delay or different aircraft. Replacement aircraft are 2-4-2 so you'll still have a pair of seats.

Darren
hi Darren

flying lgw to pfo jan 18 12 do you know what plane i will be on
tom 4314 back on 4315
thanks pete
Hi Darren/experts, I've booked a holiday to Boa Vista in the Cape Verde Islands. We're on flight TOM278 departing 9.8.11.
I know it is too early for confirmed information but I was thinking about our flight.
We've been to Cape Verde before and we were on a 757 (former First Choice) and found the seating uncomfortable on a flight of this length. I know Thomson generally do use their 757's to Cape Verde but I know they are being phased out and replaced with 737-800's. We flew to Egypt last year on one of their brand new 737's and found it excellent (seating, mood lighting etc.).
So, do you know if the 737's have the range to get to Cape Verde non-stop? If so, maybe they will start being used on the Cape Verde routes?
Again, I know it is too early for anything to be confirmed but was just a little curious as given the choice we would much prefer to be on a 737 rather than a 757.

Thanks in advance.
By the look of the dates you are mentioning, it seems that it's a bit late for the question :D
Whoops! Yeah ha. We are travelling in 9.8.2012.
petey,

LGW-PFO-LGW (TOM4314/5) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
jmac,

The 737's won't be operating to Cape Verde due to range, it's a 757-200 destination. MAN-SID is 2761 miles which pushes the maximum range of the 73H. The ex-TOM 757's have the same seat design as the 737's, ie slimline Recaro's that give you more knee room so you'll have to hope they assign an ex-TOM rather than an ex-FCA this time.

Darren
Thanks for the information Darren. I wonder what they will use on the route once the 757's leave the fleet. Possibly the new 787's if the 737's can't make it?
jmac,

Not all the 757's are leaving the fleet, only the older ones. They'll be around for a while yet. The 767 / 787 is too large capacity wise for that route.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.