Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
my scales are doctors type....so big lumy dial sticks up on them....cant balance my cases on it...had problem with the other ones I had before trying to see the dial properly when cases on...gave up and bought a set of little brass ones...put them away in the cases when not using them
To reduce duplication and to try and ensure that this topic is kept for Hand Luggage discussion, would you mind continuing discussion about luggage scales in the topic that Wizard has linked to please.

Many thanks
David :wave
I expect this has been asked recently so apologies if it is somewhere else, but what are the changes in regulations now regarding liquids in hand luggage at check in? It used to be ?100ml and no lipsticks/lipsalve. Daughter is finally going away for a well earned break following A levels :cheers and needs water/juice to take with her Meds.
hbrac,

There's been no recent changes, a full description of the rules is on page one of this thread and on the DfT's website. You can't take liquids through security, but these can be purchased once through security and taken onboard the aircraft.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren.I'll take a look now. I thought it had been relaxed a bit. :que She can chuck what's in her bag before check in and buy a new one from the shops on t'other side. :tup
didnt know you couldnt take a lipstick or lip salve in hand luggage....I've taken mine in the platic bag....as long as each item isnt over 100mls and is in the liquids bag its OK...and no more than 1000 mls in total, which is 10 things of 100mls.......tweetie
You can take lipstick and lipsalve - I always have one of those little tins of vaseline. The restriction is as you say no item over 100mls and a total of 1000mls.

Pippa
Oh.That's OK then. She has a pot of that strawberry flavoured lip balm :tup
hbrac, I've taken both lipstick and lipsalve through security in the plastic liquids bag with no problem at all. With water, hubby and I dump bottle we've had for journey to airport in bin after check in and then bought a bottle for on the plane airside.
Thanks Cate. I think all went well because she's at her destination now :tup
Hello everyone :wave:

Hope i dont sound a bit thick, but im aware of the rules regarding liquids but what about food? :think is it possible to take a sandwich or snacks for the flight.

Any info would be great thanks :tup
Yes, provided they don't have a high liquid content such as a large amount of mayonnaise.

luci :wave
Thanks luci for the quick reply :)

Looks like its low fat sandwiches all round then...lol :rofl
Hey,
Got a quick question about hand luggage with the new restrictions.

A person in the group I am traveling in is getting married whilst in Cancun and wants to carry the dress as hand luggage in a suit bag. I don't seem to think they will allow this with a suit bag being larger than the standard size.

Can anyone tell me what your advice is on this matter?
Thanks
Z.J.C
Not exactly sure about that one but perhaps worth ringing the airline and asking them - they may make an exception as it's a wedding dress.
  • Edited by kimi 2009-07-03 13:13:31
z.j.c,

It depends who you are flying with (Thomson?). If the dress / bag is within size and weight limits for hand luggage, then it's permitted. If not, it must be packed in a suitcase.

Darren
Dazbo,
Yes were flying Good Old Thomson, ill have to tell them to bare that in mind then dont want problems when we get to airport I like to get straight through checkin with no problems gives me more time airside.
Thanks for your help.
hi
can anyone tell me where to get the right size of plastic re sealable bags to put
liquids in to go in hand luggage. ive looked at supermarket and food bags dont seem
to be this size. !?
many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.