Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Goldtrail
264 Posts
Today I just received some cheques for a refund for Goldtrail ( minus the 2.5% credit card fee ).
At last !
Former XL Leisure boss facing £4m legal action

The former boss of collapsed operator XL Leisure is facing a £4m legal action over his involvement with Goldtrail, which went bust in 2010.

Legal papers have been served on Phil Wyatt, accusing him of "providing dishonest assistance" to Goldtrail owner, Abdulkadir Aydin.

The collapse of Goldtrail at the start of the peak summer season cost the Air Travel Trust Fund almost £25m and forced the CAA to repatriate 23,500 passengers and refund more than 75,000 with forward bookings.

Wyatt is accused of advising Aydin, together with two associates from his investment vehicle Black Pearl, on the removal of funds from Goldtrail and the transfer of deposits to an offshore account in the Seychelles five months before the company was placed in administration.

Of the total £4m being sought by Goldtrail's liquidators, the claim against Mr Wyatt and his associates is £1.4m. It is also thought another Turkish airline is being pursued.

Goldtrail's liquidators PwC, led by administrator Ian Oakley-Smith, have served Wyatt with an order to appear in court and it is waiting for his response.

Aydin is accused of "breaching his fiduciary duty and making ulawful dividend payments", but PwC has been unable so far to serve court papers on Aydin, who is a Turkish national.

Wyatt has also been linked to other failed ventures, including Viking Airlines AB which suspended services from the UK in October 2010, and Tor Air, which collapsed last December.

PwC and Mr Wyatt declined to comment.

With permission from Travelmole
What a joke. Thats all I am saying on here! ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.