Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi and welcome to HT!

A member of staff of OTB is a member of HT and often assists our members with problems.

I would suggest emailing them at forums@onthebeach.co.uk stating that you are a member of HT in the subject line. You will need to provide your booking reference, give them your username on here and it may help to provide a link to this topic.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

luci :wave
Thanks Jo,

I'll see what reply I get to my e-mails. The outcome will certainly decide whether I use online Travel Agencies again

Kilf
we seem to see a lot of similar problems with OTB, and after having a little play on their site this morning it would seem to me that if you use the scroll wheel on your mouse to come down the page this changes the last entry you clicked in; which could explain the date issue we have on this complaint.
normally on websites if you click in a drop down box this will "lock" that entry, but this does not seem to be the case with OTB.
i would think this is one of the major sources of people having problems with bookings on OTB, the other obviously being people not carefully checking everything before pressing submit.
i have not followed through a booking with OTB to see what sort of information you get before pressing submit, or whatever other term they use, but i would assume that you see a summary screen so you can double check everything is ok before you commit.
normally on websites if you click in a drop down box this will "lock" that entry, but this does not seem to be the case with OTB.
i would think this is one of the major sources of people having problems with bookings on OTB, the other obviously being people not carefully checking everything before pressing submit.

This happens on other websites too - not just OTB. In order to 'lock' you choice in a drop down menu you need to de-highlight it by clicking outside the box before starting to use the scroll wheel again. If you don't, it keeps scrolling either up or down the menu until you do click again. One way of avoiding this is to make sure that you don't use the scroll wheel (use the scroll bars on screen instead) within a dropdown menu but in the end the only way of being absolutely sure that you're booking for or purchasing exactly what you want is to double check all the details before clicking on 'submit'. I only realised that this was a problem affecting another website because, on checking before submitting, the final details were so frequently different to what I thought I'd selected earlier in the process.

SM
The Additional Charge which seemed to be excessive was the Flight through Easyjet. Effectively and I don't know if this is their policy. They've not amended the booking. I've paid the amount again. I don't think it was a scrolling key issue. I do think there may be problems with OT Beach website as it's not a clear and useable as last year. The results vary constantly so each search you do you get a different result with the same data. I think it may have kept an earlier search and I've eventually booked that one through a page loading error rather than the search I'd just completed. I'm just about to ring OT Beach and cough up the difference. Curious to see what they say and how they are? They've always had excellent customer service in the past. I've never had reason to complain.
Hi Kilf,

Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch shortly regarding it.

Many thanks
Not surprisingly I've heard nothing since. We'll just take a Pillow Case along and call it Casper as I feel like I've paid for a third person. I might as well give Casper the Holiday of a Lifetime. Tune in later for pictures of Casper on the Nudist Beach.
Hi Klif after reading your post i see you have had same issue as me.I can honestly say hand on heart i did not book the wrong dates for our flights,this seems to be happening quite a bit.The stress we went through last week was unbelivable i dont no what your experience was like i even had to take monday of work to sort our flights out.I emailed the company on the above site but have had no reply as yet.
Hi Kilf,

I believe your issue is now resolved. We hope you are satisfied with the resolution.

Many thanks
There's no resolution as such. Resolved in as much as no-ones admitting it could have been the Website and not me? Otherwise yes fine. Easyjet charge a fortune to amend flights. No-ones saying that's OT Beaches fault.
Just a quick update i was contacted by on the beaches a chap called paul a new customer realations manager.I must say he was very nice on the phone and after a little chat as a good will jesture i was given £136 refund which was half of the outlay to change the return dates.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.