Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
According to the media there is a problem with Royal Mail with a huge backlog awaiting delivery.

OTB do post here on HT with permission of the mods. They have asked that any member who has a problem should send an email to - forums@otbeach.com - when they will try to sort things out. Please mention if you do so that you have been directed there from HT.

Whilst we may be sympathetic to your plight it can only be sorted by OTB. We can only express personal views and opinions. Hope you get it sorted and have a good holiday.

fwh
Thanks. When the deadline is this short an automated email saying "we try and respond within 48 hours" isn't really good enough. I held for 94 minutes (at 10 pence per minute) to no avail this morning. Finally had a phone call in repsonse to several desperate emails. Lady called I think Morgan finally sorted things out, we are now flying out and back 24 hours later than booked. Causes problems at work for both of us but at least we are going away.

For customer service I rate them in the negative out of 10. Yes the postal strike hasnt helped but the management of the problem (and rudeness of the staff last night) ensures that I will never use them again or recommend them.

Thanks to the lady called Morgan (Mawgan) who did sort the problem out, but as for the rest of them...... Shambles
This is not the sort of customer service I was led to expect.

you obviously had not read this site then or even googled their name before booking as if you had you would have realised this is exactly the sort of customer service you could expect
Hi there,

Can you drop me an email to forums@otbeach.com with your MYB reference number and we will take a look at this for you.

Many thanks
So sorry to read this. You are not the first to complain about the rudeness of OTB's staff. They really seem to have an attitude problem with customer service being the bottom of their priority list and 94 mins at 10p a min is just taking the P. In view of the amount of complaints we se they are probably make as much from this as they do from legitimately selling things.

Hopefully the above poster will be able to sort you out. The postal strike seems to be a convenient excuse in view of what Thomas Cook have said. Just remember never to use them again.
Whilst I am sorry to learn of your problem and hope it can be resolved as soon as possible, I think it is worth stating that any large company does make mistakes and although OTB seem to appear here more often than they would like, I think it is very much to their credit that they monitor this site regularly and directly offer to intervene and try to short cut the resolution of the situation. I think that this is very proactive compared to other majors such as Thomas Cook and Thomson and others of their client capacity.

So there are things that OTB offer in that one of their staff actually bothers to reach out in a personal capacity to try to help, for which s/he often gets scant if any thanks, and has to read a lot of negative criticism in the process.

I have no connections with OTB and simply am a member of this forum who loves travelling but am always grateful when help and advice are offered. Well done to our member OnTheBeachHolidays for his/her initiative and the time and effort s/he puts in on our members' behalf.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.