Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Have you tried your local Trading Standards as you still have sent email verifying your claim?
I have just sent them an email asking them for advice.

In my opinion it seems it is almost impossible to claim this triple money back as they come up with some rubbish excuse that isn't even valid.

It has really wound me up because i have proof that i sent the screen shots and the URL was enclosed in the email.

And if you look at the screen shots you can clearly see the URL they were on which is the exact same one copied onto the email.

Grrrrr............ :banghead:
I have also emailed consumer direct, watchdog and a small claims solicitor as well as lodging a complaint on another website.

I am determined to win this lol
If you all the the urls etc then go for it. This company are terrible and really need to be exposed. :)
I have got everything......

I have just printed all the emails off the screenshots showing the quote and the URL written them a very nice letter too........
Reply received from consumer direct :D

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem and I can understand the concerns you are having.

When you agree a contract with the trader they should adhere to their own terms and conditions.

I would therefore suggest you argue the trader is in breach of contract. I would suggest you write to the trader, keeping a copy of the letter and getting a proof of postage, explaining that you are holding them in breach of contract and requesting they adhere to the terms and conditions by paying the money that is advertised within 14 days.

I would suggest you enclose copies of the screen shots printed out as evidence of the URL and web pages.

If you could provide your address and contact telephone number I would pass the details to Trading Standards for their information as this could be seen as misleading advertising.

I hope this helps the situation and please contact us if you do not get a satisfactory response.
RESULT!!!!! :D :D

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your recent email to On the Beach Customer Relations, the content of which has been noted.

I am delighted to confirm a reduction in your holiday cost of £1489.56, this amount will be deducted from the balance owing and will take effect immediately

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly
Fantastic result...does that mean you got your holiday is only going to cost you £759.08? I'd be jumping thru' hoops....I'm sure you'll enjoy your holiday so much more for knowing that it's an absolute bargain (even if you have had a mess around)!!!!!

Well done! :cheers
I feel like jumping round like a lunatic.

2 Weeks all inclusive to the Dominican Republic for less than £800!!!!!

Totally worth the mess around.

:sun2
WHOOP! WHOOP! :hyper :hyper

Don't forget to tell your fellow hotel guests about your bargain :D

Dead chuffed for you...hope you have a FAB time! :cheers
Well done! Fantastic result, enjoy your holiday now....... :cheers
July 28th 2010
I phoned OTB about a complaint today. Got through to a staff member who was working from home and unable to help me with my particular query ! Thankfully though, she did give me something that was like gold dust ! It is the free phone number for 'onthebeach' ! so no more costly calls to them ! I AHVE ALSO SENT ROLLING FAXES TO THEM ! Loving it ! I agree they are not very good at respondng to emails . . . Their free phone number is is: 08000 858 859
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.