Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
It was brought to my attention earlier today on another forum that Travel Republic are having trouble with their phones apparantly you could hear them but they couldn't hear you. They have put a note on their website stating this and that they are doing all they can to rectify the problem.

I have just tried ringing the number and it's now saying that the number is temporarily unavailable. I'm a bit worried about this as we are due to travel with them on the 28th, a week on Thursday, I hope they aren't in trouble.

Sue :(
Hi Sue, we are not in trouble apart from BT line problems. If you PM me your booking ref, or phone number, I will get someone to call you!

Steve
Phew!! Thank goodness for that, my partner found out yesterday that he is to be made redundant on the 12th June so we have enough to worry about right now.

I only rang because I was worried but I will P.M you my booking ref and it will be nice if someone can reassure me that all is ok.

Thank you so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it.

Sue :)
I've just received a call from Travel Republic reasurring me that everything is fine. :)

Thank you Steve for your help with this matter.

Sue :)
Any news on Court hearing for Travel Republic yesterday 20th may.

Maryb
Mark, I can't see him answering this one :think
You may remember I booked in the so called 20% off sale last year, and found out later the price had not been discounted as it reverted back to the same price after the sale had finished, maybe with you actually pointing this practice out to TR ie. steved1 that we aren't as gullable as they seem to think, somethng may click and this practice be discontinued. I'm sure other travel companys are just as guilty.

What also annoys me is when the final price is shown after puttng in all details, no credit, debit card charges are shown until the printout is received.
Hi Mark, and Caz,

I am going to have a go, but better not get involved in any discussion about it!

We have built the business around pleasing customers and this is our number 1 priority.

Part of this is great value and we always guarantee our prices are the best.

The crossed out prices are an estimate of those on the high street - they are probably too low. (it says High Street internally, but not externally, something is broken there, will get it sorted.)

We do also run sales from time to time where we reduce prices - although some do, not all prices go down by 20% and we think are honest about this by referring to discounts of "up to 20%".

You need to also know that our prices vary every minute anyway as travel providers change their own rates and due to forex movements - we are proud our site is fully live with real time data.

Steve
i booked my holiday in january with T.R when there was a 20% off sale. not sure if my price was any cheaper than before as i hadn't been looking before. all i can say is i've watched the prices every week and it has gone up and up and up. i am obviously pleased with my price and believe that a holiday is worth whatever you are prepared to pay. if you are happy with the price, thats the main thing. you only have to watch the t.v. and see companies selling sofa's with their 50%off sales, when have you seen anything different???
Sorry to post this here, but I cant pm steve.Hi Steve,

Tried pm'ing you regarding a booking we've made. Can you send us a pm.

Regards
Mark
Trial set for October 12th due to take up to 3 weeks.

Maryb
Hi all
I am thinking of booking with TR, what are they like to book with? Is it straigtforward? I am at the moment trying to decided to book my flight and hotel with them. But wish to know are they good. Are the prices the same on phone as they are booked on line.
A bit nervous, although I have booked diy before. What is the procedure?
Thank you
Dawnie-Rob :wave
I have booked accomodation only online with TR several times and have had no problems what so ever, The booking process was straight forward and their prices compared very favourably with other bed bookers some of whom have since failed. I understand that TR are involved in litigation regarding the booking of flights with accomodation but there are details in previous posts.

Dave.
I also have booked Hotel accomodation with them without problem. As you say their price is competitive and I would use them again.

Sue
I've used TR twice, the first time everything went smoothly no problems.
Second time the airline we were using collapsed the day before we were due to go, we hadnt booked a package we had booked a 'tailor made' holiday, we assumed at the time it was the same thing, it isnt. We lost the holiday, we eventually got the cost of the flight back from the CAA, but the accomodation and half the transfer money was lost. Make sure if you do book with them or anyone else for that matter you are covered for the cost of the whole thing if anything goes wrong.
Oh and btw Steve who I assume stills posts on here is very helpful if you wish to contact him. I hope he doesnt mind me saying.
I've only used them for accommodation and never had any problems. I do also check flights with them but usually book direct with the airline if I'm putting the trip together myself.
I've used them a couple of times and would have no hesitation in using them again.
well i found when things went o.k they were great ..............BUT..
when things went wrong they were rubbish.thats my opinion. :think
Hi Dawnie-Rob, our prices are the same online and on the phone.

I wont say we are perfect, because there are others here who may take exception. But we do our best, and I think our best is better than this time last year, so we are gradually getting there.

There is always me as back-up as well!

Feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.