General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hmmm cannot see it to be honest ,hope im wrong though

last august i got 1.47 in Sa Coma ,same place this year 1.24 :cry
Enjoy your hols Kevin, and stock up on GV at €35. ;)
Hope it's still that price in 5 weeks time!!!!!!!!!!

Robby :wink:
Keep it going...up and up :tup
Booking direct with the hotel means I'm paying my hotel bill in Euros in December.

At the time of booking, I worked the rate out based on £1/€1.20, so this is good news for me.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
1.30 is way off summer 2007 when we were getting 1.47 - 1.48 by using our nationwide account.

I have no idea how it all works and how the interest rates affect the currency rate. Not sure I ever will.

But one things for sure its not going to help all those poor old souls who have calculated their purchases and running costs of properties in the euro zone.

sorry if thats gone :offtop

This summer the best we got was 1.28 but mainly 1.26.

Now that made a difference compared last year. I think the travel industry and holiday lettings are in for a bad year unless we see a real hike in the £ against the euro.

flipfopper
im not over yet,hope its still on the up,go next tue 14th :tup
im not over yet,hope its still on the up, go next tue 14th

Sorry, a bit premature (and not for the 1st time :oops: ).
Enjoy when you get there then, hopefully it will continue to rise.

I so wish I knew what exchange when I went in February :( I want to pop over soon, but want a half decent exchange wait.
Take a Nationwide Flex Account debit card and you are bound to get better than the going rate. :tup
(AND no charges either so it's a win win situation.)
I'll take the blame for that, I honestly thought it would break the €1.30 barrier and finally move on.
Sorry, wrong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all the price rises in €uro land I'm looking towards Australia with the pound now up to $A2.53, more than 20% up against this time last year.
If only I can persuade my wife... You know it makes sense.

:que :que
I know this is probably the most stupid question, but is the Euro just going to get worse and worse with the recession or will it improve? I'm thinking the first one :(
It gone up and down more times than a slack girls knickers. :D
I still believe the €1.30 barrier will be broken soon and push on, but not as soon as I originally thought.
I also think it will be nearer the €1.40 by the end of the year, but I've been wrong before, in fact lots of times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click on See Euro vs GBP
If you hold the left mouse button down and slide the blue arrow, this will expand the graph.
If you hover over the graph on the highs and lows, this will give you the date and rate.

http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/eurofxref-graph-gbp.en.html
Thanks for that link Sanji- I'm waiting to see if we made a good or bad move by paying our hotel bill in euros rather than pounds last Friday!
kate
I'm waiting to see if we made a good or bad move by paying our hotel bill in euros rather than pounds last Friday!

Anything over €1.20 at xmas and I'll have made a good move because I'm paying my hotel in Euros.
Fingers crossed the rate holds out over £1/€1.20....I calculated on the bottom price that I thought the rate would fall to.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

and falling I reckon :yikes

i'll be watching closely as I suspect the the interest cut will affect our currency value

if you look at the cost of airline travel it appears to me to be up

this is not because of profit taking on fuel but predicted currency values

:sun2 a holiday is a holiday

ENJOY folks

flipflopper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.