General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
View from balcony in Benidorm. 22nd floor.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9761/38244453.jpg
View from room on second floor. Another one of my favorite ones.
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4223/82808045.jpg
Could somebody tell me how I upload a picture onto here? Have a few balcony pics which I could share.

CourtneeLouise xx.
Have a look in the media galleries section Courtnee louise, or if you want to upload to a particular post, you'll need to use a host such as http://www.flickr.com or http://www.photobucket.com
Yea I want to upload on this one like everyone else has shown their pictures.
Thanks helen
CourtneeLouise xx
You can upload the photo into the Media Gallery ( the instructions are quite simple) and then copy/paste the BB code into your post....like

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/get_file/Vmlldy5Ub3JyZW1vbGlub3MuX0p1bmVfMjAxMFtCUktdYld5YVoydVVhR2lhbXAxcWFjaVhuV1dpMVpnPVtCUktdbjZ6Wm9XNlNaSzZ1cjVPWm84K2VtNWl4MmFPcDE1MnFaYXpiW0JSS11hQT09W0JSS10=
I'll be looking at this view again in approx 11 days.

How have some of you got passed the 500 x500 pixel limit for photos in HT when using ImageShack.? :que
To answer the question...
Yes I use the balcony a lot, I usually have my first cuppa tea and ciggie sat in my jim jams on the balcony and in the apartment we rent, we have our meals on the table on the balcony.
If I want to read or do any cross stitch, I sit on the balcony where the light is much better for my eyes.
We pull the awnings down when it gets too hot or a bit breezy and it's quite 'cosy'.

Bring it on...11 more days :tup
We always use our balcony. I go out there first thing in the morning to check out the day and just relax, if we are SC we'll eat breakfast out there too.

When we get back to the room we'll sit out before going for our showers for the night out and i'll maybe sit out there after and paint my nails/do my make up.

When we come home from our night out we have a night cap out there and play cards before bed.

When we go to Estartit we stay in a lodge and the balcony is huge I spend most of my time out there, reading, people watching etc and at night with the BBQ and a nice cold wine.

Helen
How have some of you got passed the 500 x500 pixel limit for photos in HT when using ImageShack.?

I wondered that too sanji. Danny's photos are particularly big. How many pixels are they Danny?
Shirley if you right click on Danny's photo of the skyscrapers and select properties you'll see its 723x481 pixels hosted by imageshack. :tup
Thanks Glynis. I thought HT only supported 500 pixels max- I'll know for future reference :tup
Sanji's last one is 600 x 475 as well, so obviously HT supports bigger pics than we thought :tup
I don't think there was ever an issue about supporting large photos, but the limit of 500 x500 was put into place to stop large photos from stretching across the screen and then having to scroll across....and large photos can take an age to load on the page, and slow the page down.

Normally, if you upload a photo bigger than 500 x 500 via ImageShack, Photo Bucket etc, the photo couldn't be posted because of the said set limits in place via the software settings in HT.

By bringing the photo across from the Media Gallery you are by-passing the system in place, but I still cannot figure out how Danny and Wiz got passed the dimension limits posting a photo larger than the set limits
No big deal, just whenever I've forgotten to re-size down below 500pxls, the software has kicked in and said the "dimensions cannot be determined"....in other words you ain't doing it until you re-size it down.

Sanji x
oh all the time..normally when I first get up in the morning partner still asleep il rise make a coffee and sit on the balcony with my coffee watchin the spanish joggin power walking, then when we come back in the afternoon il bob on the balcony to sunbathe around 4ish with a glass of rioja or a coffee to watch the spanish goin onto the beach later on. and we also use it when we come in at the night again with a carton of wine and beer and sit and watch the stars reason why we always ask fo a sea / pool view..especially where we stay this year Il have a marina / sea view at the hotel florida in fuengirola...one night of the holiday we go to the local supermarket and buy bread tapas stuff a couple of candles and stay on the balcony we always have our own tapas night and my fella always has his ipod with speakers on he normally does a holiday mix with some spanish music thrown in for me...roll on october.. :cheers :sun2
how do I attach a picture of my view in spain last year
do I copy and paste link from photobucket ..help
bb380
Helen T wrote:
Yes - Copy & paste the BBC code

doesnt work.. ive copy ansd paste and its just showing the actual writing and not the picture.
Try uploading to the media gallery on here then. It's easy to do then you just copy & paste the BB code. I'm sorry but I don't use photobucket, so can't explain that procedure to you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.